Favorite film scenes of the 2010s

Tools    

Post some of your favorite scenes of this current decade!

Here are some of my favorites (there are more of course):

SPOILERS ALERT!!!

A skeptic tries to undermine Lancaster Dodd's methods and philosophies in PTA's The Master (which contains a whole bunch of fantastic scenes). The tension rises and ultimately Dodd loses it for a short moment. Phoenix' character throwing an apple at the skeptic is the icing on the cake. A brilliant scene, featuring two actors that sadly passed away way too soon. Personally this is my favorite Philip Seymour Hoffman scene.

-----------------------------------------

In a haunting and agressive manner, Leonardo DiCaprio's Calvin Candie raises the suspense in Django Unchained with a speech about the scientific submissiveness of black people, using a skull of a former house slave of his to prove his point. Our two main characters realize their plan has been discovered.
In all of his anger, Leo DiCaprio wounds his hand while smashing it on the table, but he stays in character and like that makes an already harrowing scene even more memorable!

My favorite scene from one of the best films of the decade so far, Gravity! Seeing this moment for the first time in a theater was enlightening. Cuaron had everyone in the room right where he wanted them. A wonderful message gets transmitted through amazing cinema.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill produce one of the most hilarious and most significant scenes of the decade so far in The Wolf of Wall Street. Drugs, a telephone, Popeye, some food and two ingenious performances... Physical dark comedy at its most outrageous!

I liked Spring Breakers a lot and I think it has a few very good moments, but this scene is by far the most memorable of them all. Three college girls, a gangster, melancholy, slow-motion violence and excess come together in a very satisfying and poignant scene, supported by Britney Spears' Everytime!

There are many more, but I'll post them later. Which film scenes grabbed you the most in this decade so far?

The Conjuring

scary as **** !!!

Buried

shocked me as f*ck Epic Movie btw

The Dark Knight Rises

just epic ! one of the best scene in all the trilogy

You mentioned two movies that have my favorite scenes from the last two years. The Master had my favorite scene of 2012 but it was the processing scene. Everything that is great about that movie can be found in that scene.

My favorite scene from last year is in The Wolf Of Wall Street but it is the scene on the yacht where DiCaprio and Chandler face off. I love the way that scene builds to the explosion tgat it ends in. Amazing.

Ill think of others and do some links tomorrow.

Number one for me by far is the chicken scene in Killer Joe; disturbed brilliance!

Also

The Hunchback scene in Kill List won't leave my little pea brain.

The scene in American Hustle that starts with the J Lawrence/Amy Adams confrontation and ends with a Robert De Niro cameo.

The Matthew/Leo scene in The Wolf of Wall Street.

The crash landing in Flight.

I must be going really soft because this scene from Seeking a Friend for the End of the World made me mush-

My favorite scene from my second favorite movie from last year, Looper:

youtube.com/watch?v=GbuXmXDw-T8

Couldn't find the actual raid on the compound, but this is the lead up to what me the best action sequence ever, Zeri Dark Thirty:

So many great scenes from my favorite movie of 2010. The opening set the stage for everything that was amazing about this movie, The Social Network:

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
American Hustle- Same part cricket had mentioned!
The Descendants- shailene Woodley crying pool scene- powerful scene for me
Flight- the crash, yup
Gravity- where Bullocks character imagines Clooneys back on the spacecraft
Inception- where Leo and Ellen pages characters meet for the first tome

Finished here. It's been fun.

There are so many moments in The Master which are just brilliant. One of the most gorgeously photographed films in a very,very long time.

Literally any scene in Before Midnight is incredible. My favorite film of 2013 by far.

I adore Drive, one of my favorites in recent years.One of the best neo-noirs out there, and its almost as cool as Le Samourai. Almost.

There's many more, these are the ones I thought of at the moment.

I adore Drive, one of my favorites in recent years.One of the best neo-noirs out there, and its almost as cool as Le Samourai. Almost.

There's many more, these are the ones I thought of at the moment.
And it was all going so well..

@Lucas: That scene from The Master is indeed brilliant. I was thinking of posting that one earlier. I'm also a big fan of the very last scene (when Helen Forest's Changing Partners starts playing).

My favorite 'scene' from Before Midnight is the scene in the hotel room, when they have that big discussion. Brilliant dialogue.