Who will take on Obama in 2012?

Tools    

I'll wager a used dvd on that Chris. I think you are right, but its a good bet.

On a side note: Would it be better or worse for the country if it could be proven that the president was not a natural born citizen and it was made public? Would it be better to just squash it as a calssified national security issue and let it go?

I have said before that I have no belief that Obama is not legit, but what if this scenario really happened with any president. Would it not hurt the country to have such a scandle?

What if Trump did hold this trump card ( ) - and he could prove it, would it increase his chances as a viable candidate?

Just food for thought - in reality I think there still may be a Dark Horse out there for the republicans, still a lot of time.

Semper Fooey
It is like saying what if pigs could fly.

I agree with the last line.

Trump is a sleaze and gasbag and just pandering. His "investigators" have found nothing because there is nothing to find.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

Semper Fooey
One less contendor, Haley Barbour is out. He had no chance anyway. More interesting will be what Trump and Palin announce. Unless Trump's "investigators" find some evidence Obama was not born in the US (and they wont) he has nothing to run on because that is his only issue. I think he wants to run, or maybe likes to pretend he does because he is a publicity whore, but won't.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Does anyone else find the whole "Obama was not born in America" thing incredibly racist? People should be extremely ashamed of themselves. Attack a man's policies, sure, attack his actions, sure, but this is a low blow.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Trump has way too many skeletons in his closet to make a real run for the Presidency and Palin well a lot of people just don't think she is capable at all.

Following up on all the Trump nonsense from before, a new poll hits that details pretty much everything I was saying about his candidacy:

Fifty percent of Americans, including 31% of Republicans, say Trump would make a “poor” or “terrible” president.
His possible bid faces broad resistance: 63% of Americans, including 46% of Republicans, say they definitely will not vote for Trump for president.
His support is a "none of the above" proxy for conservatives frustrated with their options, and for the occasional independent frustrated by politics as usual. It's a complete mirage.

Does anyone else find the whole "Obama was not born in America" thing incredibly racist? People should be extremely ashamed of themselves. Attack a man's policies, sure, attack his actions, sure, but this is a low blow.
Stupid, yes, but not necessarily racist (though I'm sure a racist is way more likely to buy into it). I think it's just misdirected anger, and an unwillingness to accept the results of the election. Democrats said similar things about Bush and Republicans, to a lesser extent, tossed around some crazy conspiracy theories about Clinton, too. This stuff is becoming par for the course.

I saw a poll recently, for example (I can find the link if anyone's interested or wants to verify it) wherein about half of Democrats thought Bush (or "the government") either knew about 9/11 before it happened, or thought he might have. No racial component there, and the claim is several times crazier than your standard Birther line. So I think simple political frustration is probably the simplest explanation in all of these cases. Either that, or people in general just believe some pretty crazy stuff.

I think the claim that Obama is not a native born American is not only dumb but such a trivial issue to be disposed of since no one with an intellect bigger than his belt size would ever take it seriously. But racist? Why???

As for it being "a low blow," I'm sure Obama wishes that were the only complaint any voters had against him since it is so meaningless.

On a side note: Would it be better or worse for the country if it could be proven that the president was not a natural born citizen and it was made public? Would it be better to just squash it as a calssified national security issue and let it go?

I have said before that I have no belief that Obama is not legit, but what if this scenario really happened with any president. Would it not hurt the country to have such a scandle?

What if Trump did hold this trump card ( ) - and he could prove it, would it increase his chances as a viable candidate?

Just food for thought - in reality I think there still may be a Dark Horse out there for the republicans, still a lot of time.
It don't matter a damn where Obama was born or who his daddy was or where his daddy lives or that his old man wasn't a US citizen (if indeed that's the case); all that matters is his birth mother was born in the US which makes her a US citizen which makes any child she gives birth to a US citizen no matter where she gives birth to him.

Besides, it's not like was not exposed to political opponents before becoming a candidate for president. If there were any real incident in his past that would disqualify him from office, we would have heard it long before now.

If Trump had evidence proving George Washington was a British spy and Abe Lincoln bought and sold slaves, it still wouldn't get him elected dog catcher.

Semper Fooey
There is an undertow of racism among Obama's most venemous critics. Some of them still insist he is a secret Muslim and hates white people, which always sounded silly, but you have to be a complete racist to still claim that after he got into the White House.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Constitution says that a President has to be a native-born American or if the parents are both U.S. citizens, then the child can be born anywhere and still qualify to run for President. If a person is born out of the U.S. and has only one parent who is a U.S. citizen, that person cannot be President. I don't know why anyone would think that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, but I realize you can piece together several dubious quotes and misstatements and believe whatever you want.

Semper Fooey
It don't matter a damn where Obama was born or who his daddy was or where his daddy lives or that his old man wasn't a US citizen (if indeed that's the case); all that matters is his birth mother was born in the US which makes her a US citizen which makes any child she gives birth to a US citizen no matter where she gives birth to him.

Besides, it's not like was not exposed to political opponents before becoming a candidate for president. If there were any real incident in his past that would disqualify him from office, we would have heard it long before now.

If Trump had evidence proving George Washington was a British spy and Abe Lincoln bought and sold slaves, it still wouldn't get him elected dog catcher.
I was recently reading about that and there seems to be some technical things that would disqualify him as President if he wasn't born in the United States, but his birth certificate has been released and the loony toons still refuse to believe it. That's because they hate him for whatever reasons. I am amazed Obama could fuel such passion of anger. He is the blandest of the bland and a very cautious politician.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
what did you think of the non-news of hayley barbour announcing he isn't running?

does this hold any water for you guys?

Why Republicans May Be Skipping 2012 Presidential Run

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

Haley Barbour’s decision to forgo a run for the presidency in 2012 puts him in the company of a half-dozen top Republicans who have considered — and rejected — a challenge to President Obama next year.

The question is: why?

In a statement that surprised much of official Washington, Mr. Barbour indicated that he does not have “absolute fire in the belly” to mount a campaign that, if he wins, could consume the next 10 years of his life.

“I cannot offer that with certainty, and total certainty is required,” he said.

Others have offered different reasons. Senator John Thune, Republican of South Dakota, said he considered himself “best positioned to fight for America’s future here in the trenches of the United States Senate.” Representative Mike Pence of Indiana hinted that he might run for governor instead, saying that he and his family “choose Indiana.”

Among those who have turned down the chance to run in 2012: Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey; Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida; and Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee. Mr. Christie said that he could win but that “I’ve got to believe I’m ready to be president, and I don’t.”

An additional half-dozen potential 2012 hopefuls remain on the fence about whether to run, leaving just a handful of major candidates who appear certain to take the plunge.

But the publicly stated reasons often mask other considerations as politicians consider whether to run for president. Here are five reasons why some of the Republican Party’s brightest stars might be opting for the sidelines this year.

1. Biden. If Mr. Obama wins re-election, there is almost zero chance that Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. would run for the presidency in 2016, when he would turn 74 years old. That puts him in the same place where Vice President Dick Cheney was in 2008. That means that Republicans who can afford to wait until 2016 can assure themselves not only that they will not face an incumbent Democratic president, but also that they won’t face a sitting vice president.

2. The economy. Mr. Obama’s approval ratings have dipped below 50 percent, but he remains personally popular and by many calculations the economy appears to be improving — if slowly. Even Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts and one of the handful of very likely candidates, said last September that Mr. Obama would be “difficult to beat” if the economy continued improving, which he predicted it would. (He later changed his tune and said Republicans should focus on the economy if they wanted to win.)

3. Money. Mr. Obama is expected in some quarters to raise $1 billion for his re-election campaign, and he has no serious primary opposition, which means he will be free to aim that firepower at his Republican adversaries. For a potential challenger, that raises the stakes for fund-raising at a time when more outside groups are competing for the same dollars, many of which, even on the Republican side, would go to congressional races.

4. The Tea Party. The emergence of the Tea Party movement as a force inside the Republican Party requires potential presidential candidates to pick sides in an intraparty philosophical struggle. The risks are clear for some Republicans who may have to alter or modify earlier positions to get through a contentious primary. Less clear are the benefits of having that support during a general election, especially if it means alienating independents in the process. Some of the most high-profile Tea Party candidates in 2010 did not fare so well in the general election.

5. The media glare. Candidates for president have always had to contend with scrutiny from the press. But the intense, Internet-driven political environment in 2011, when everyone has a camera phone and every offhand comment can be recorded, is enough to scare away even the most hearty of politicians. Mr. Barbour’s family apparently hated the idea of his running for president (though reports suggest that they had made peace with the idea, were he to have run). Candidates who have been on the fence about making a run often consider the consequences to their privacy if they do.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...sidential-run/

Semper Fooey
It makes no difference the birth certificate has been released. The nuts claim it is a forgery.