Syrian Civil War

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Thanks for clearing up some of my errors, KhaN.

One thing I'll respond to - where did I get the idea that Iran wants to blast Israel into the sea?
From Iran's former President and the Ayatollahs. They've publicly stated many times that they live to see Israel destroyed, they want to wipe Israel off the map and push Israel into the sea. They want Jews exterminated, they call Israel the "Little Satan" and America the "Great Satan" and their leaders chant "Death to America" at every opportunity.

And - where did I hear Iran wants to destroy Israel and "all infidels"?
Again, from Iran's leaders and Ayatollahs. Iran is an Islamic Theocracy run by fundamental extremists. The goal of Islam is the subjugation, forced conversion or destruction of all infidels. In pursuit of this goal, Iran has become the largest state sponsor of Islamic Terrorism in the world.
Yes, but from former president, I doubt current Iran government would do such thing, especially if we take Russian growth of influence in the region, USA is already an ally and so on. You would need to be a fool in order to openly support something like that and I doubt current president of Iran is anything like that. I agree with you that there are such movements in Iran, but then you have Nazis who can openly march around in Baltic states (literally march). So for me it's all about is it a government policy and government supported? Or is it a extremist group within a country that is kept at bay?

I really enjoy discussing these things and doing it with someone who is willing to "dig" into the topic just makes it better, so I'm happy to clear out some things.

Understood - from a political (or even a rational) point of view.

But there's nothing un-foolish or rational about fanatical religious zealotry.
Only a fool would blow themselves up just to kill a bunch of innocent people that they don't know, have never harmed them or have no effect on their lives. Yet Islamic suicide bombers do just that all the time.
Iran is a theocracy (with a "President" that is the puppet of the extremist Ayatollahs) that follows the same fanatical ideology.
If they had the capacity to bomb Israel off the map, while knowing it would ensure their own destruction, like a suicide bomber, they'd probably do it anyway, believing they were advancing the supremacy of Islam by engaging in martyrdom for their insane cult.

Understood - from a political (or even a rational) point of view.

But there's nothing un-foolish or rational about fanatical religious zealotry.
Only a fool would blow themselves up just to kill a bunch of innocent people that they don't know, have never harmed them or have no effect on their lives. Yet Islamic suicide bombers do just that all the time.
Iran is a theocracy (with a "President" that is the puppet of the extremist Ayatollahs) that follows the same fanatical ideology.
If they had the capacity to bomb Israel off the map, while knowing it would ensure their own destruction, like a suicide bomber, they'd probably do it anyway, believing they were advancing the supremacy of Islam by engaging in martyrdom for their insane cult.

Yea but those fanatics are not in power, if they were, wouldn't they join ISIS and not support a war against them? Governments in Middle East kept these extremists in check before "Arab Spring" and some are still doing it or trying to do it.

Yea but those fanatics are not in power, if they were, wouldn't they join ISIS and not support a war against them? Governments in Middle East kept these extremists in check before "Arab Spring" and some are still doing it or trying to do it.
I can't say for sure, but it seems sectarian differences are what make Iran & ISIS enemies. (That and the fact that ISIS is also trying to take Iran's interests - like their puppet Assad's regime.)

On this point - I remember last year, reporters were interviewing various Iraqi militias that were trying to fight ISIS, asking them if they'd like to see Americans coming over the ridge like the cavalry to help them battle ISIS. Several of them responded that they and ISIS would both turn on the infidel Americans before resuming their battle with each other because destroying infidels is the primary goal of Islam, and that would supersede their conflict with their fellow Muslims in ISIS (this was as ISIS was slaughtering their families). Even various & conflicting sects of Iraqi Muslims identify ISIS as Islamic.

I understand that, but if you are going to have a tyrant why do you want him to be pro-West for sake of democracy?
the west is the economic engine of the world . we cant have something that is against the west's interests .

the west is the economic engine of the world . we cant have something that is against the west's interests .
Wasn't Gaddafi "pro Libya" and still made his country a lot better? Just let people be pro-whatever they want, these blocks are the main reason why we have these problems and small country's always get damaged in the process.

I can't say for sure, but it seems sectarian differences are what make Iran & ISIS enemies. (That and the fact that ISIS is also trying to take Iran's interests - like their puppet Assad's regime.)
Assad is not Iranian puppet regime, Assad with his father ruled for about 30 years and Iran didn't have any power to install them back then. They are not that powerful even today, Iran is at most a regional power, they are fighting S.Arabia (by proxy wars at the moment) for superiority in Middle East. You see how much problems even Great Powers have with changing governments?

On this point - I remember last year, reporters were interviewing various Iraqi militias that were trying to fight ISIS, asking them if they'd like to see Americans coming over the ridge like the cavalry to help them battle ISIS. Several of them responded that they and ISIS would both turn on the infidel Americans before resuming their battle with each other because destroying infidels is the primary goal of Islam, and that would supersede their conflict with their fellow Muslims in ISIS (this was as ISIS was slaughtering their families). Even various & conflicting sects of Iraqi Muslims identify ISIS as Islamic.
But Iraqis are a lot different, I mean you know...War, occupation and all. At this point Iraq is not united and these sects can come to power or create armed groups, Iran has a structure, president, law and order. So until president of Iran say's "We want Israel and all infidels dead" as his official government plan, nothing will happen.

ISIS considers south asian jehadis ( including indian jehadis ) as inferior fighters compared to arabs---

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/49894644.cms

I'm bumping this thread because the Battle for Aleppo is getting huge. Lots of death, civilizans getting killed, tragedy and more terrible stuff. Because of this, I'm curious to hear what you think.

Also, I've been reading a few articles and their dreaded comments sections and almost all of the high ranked comments support Assad because "the rebels and the White Helmets and terrorists and they don't really care about the citizens getting killed". Though I know they aren't to be taken seriously because a war crime is a war crime and can't be justified, are the rebels and White Helmets really terrorists? When I googled "Are the White Helmets Legit?" most of the articles were from websites I never heard of so I didn't read them. They probably are fake news sites that supported Pizzagate, so I'm assuming it's just a conspiracy theory these Alt-Righters love to believe. However, the only reason why I'm assuming its just a conspiracy theory is because of these reasons and the huge amount of dislikes and BOYCOTT NETFLIX! (Alt-Righters love Boycotts) comments here, not because I read an article that proved or disproved the White Helmets' legitimacy. I'm curious to hear what you think about the Syrian Rebels and White Helmets however because I still don't know a lot about the Civil War and I really wish I did know more.

You ready? You look ready.
I'm curious to hear what you think about the Syrian Rebels and White Helmets however because I still don't know a lot about the Civil War and I really wish I did know more.
Join the rest of the western world. No one truly knows what is going on over there outside of the intelligence community and even they have really spotty sources/information.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Join the rest of the western world. No one truly knows what is going on over there outside of the intelligence community and even they have really spotty sources/information.
I don't really understand what you mean by that bolded sentence. I am apart of the western world, or are you talking about someone else. Thanks for the answer about no one not truly knowing what's happening though.

I don't really understand what you mean by that bolded sentence. I am apart of the western world, or are you talking about someone else. Thanks for the answer about no one not truly knowing what's happening though.
You said you don't really know much about it he is saying join the western world none of us know what is happening. Basically he's saying everybody in the west is in the same boat as you.

You said you don't really know much about it he is saying join the western world none of us know what is happening. Basically he's saying everybody in the west is in the same boat as you.
Oh okay. If that's the case it's amazing how many people online think they do know whats going on.