Joy

Tools    

I can only hope this is better than American Hustle, I for one was not a fan of AH. This is by far the weirdest trailer I've seen in a long time. That music in the trailer just had me creeped out. This trailer did not do the job of explaining what the movie is about and it relied on the names in the movie to get you interested. If you didn't know Jen is playing Joy Mangano the chick who invented the Miracle Mop. I'll see it mostly because of Jen but it just looks like a jumble mess from this trailer and it doesn't look very interesting.

It looks interesting enough to give it a watch.

There's no way I'm going to like this more than American Hustle, though. That movie was completely up my alley and will probably remain my favorite of O. Russell's Lawrence-Cooper-De Niro Trilogy.

Welcome to the human race...
Didn't much care for either Silver Linings Playbook or American Hustle, but at least the latter sort of looked promising in trailers. This one...not so much.

I have to return some videotapes.
Didn't much care for either Silver Linings Playbook or American Hustle, but at least the latter sort of looked promising in trailers. This one...not so much.
What did you think of The Fighter?

Welcome to the human race...
What did you think of The Fighter?
Underwhelming.

The David O. Russell ratings I've got so far:

Three Kings

American Hustle

The Fighter

Silver Linings Playbook

Underwhelming.

The David O. Russell ratings I've got so far:

Three Kings

American Hustle

The Fighter

Silver Linings Playbook
Only David O'Russell movie I like is Silver Linings Playbook the rest I am not a fan of, Especially AH, that was a huge disappointment.

David O'Russell is the best ever at taking amazing casts and completely wasting them with messy writing and tone. To me, American Hustle especially feels like the worst case scenario when combining a quirky comedy and an Oscar-bait drama. It's too serious to laugh at, but it doesn't take itself seriously enough to be a good dramatic story. It also doesn't help that Bradley Cooper is extremely overrated (I'm still not sure how he got nominated for the Oscar this year over Gyllenhaal or even Oyelowo, and if I was voting Ralph Fiennes would get in over him). They crank out these DOR/J-Law/Coop movies every year, and I think its real indicative of quality that they consistently lead the field in award nominations and walk away with 1 or 2 wins.

EDIT: Am I crazy or did the trailer say 2016? December 2015 looked so stacked with awards movies a while ago, but I think every single one of them except for Snowden has moved out of it. People must be really afraid of Star Wars.