Scene with overgrown city - family film - not maze runner

Tools    

Really need help with this one please it is driving me crazy!

It was released recently (as recent as the past 10 years)

More info... I thought it was a Peter Pan movie but no peter pan movie looks familiar. (it is not Hook... it is not Pan... it is not the Peter Pan with Hugh Jackman)

It is a live action movie.

The reason i thought it was peter pan is because i think a mail child (or teen) is the lead in this film and there is a Teenage girl or young woman with him in the scene i am describing.

In this scene/part of the movie it has these two people walking through/investigating this over grown city (literally trees/plants/grass covering everything - OR the city is made out of them?)

Also in this part of the movie there are some kind of *mini-traps*(?)
And there is like this *cage like* structure which isn't a cage but part of a building (like a circular tressle thing if thats the word) and this man (?) turns up to challenge the kid/teen (either to help him unlock his potential as a *Fight me and i will tell the truth/give you your power/let you proceed/help in some way* kind of thing? (or he is a bad guy)

Also in another scene there is like a part where they are MAYBE in a cavern and everything is sparkling and this boy/teen is fighting an older guy (the main bad guy?) and the man *wins* and pushes/throws the boy into one of the few pools (looks like those tiered sulpher pool things) ... and he drowns???? BUT a fairy brings him back to life? which starts the entire quest to go find this overgrown city that i am talking about????

As you can see the reason i thought it was a peter pan movie (also the main antagonist seems to remind me of Jason Isaacs which is also why i thought it was one of the peter pan movies)

Thank you so much if you can help at all!

OMG ITS NEVERLAND!!!!!