MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2023 - Signups

Tools    

Of course, if were doing standard, then you know what that would mean......draft order selection !!!! i need a girlfriend

Okay, fair enough. Let's say we're LIKELY doing it NEXT YEAR, but I'll confirm with everyone earlier (maybe even before I add the thread) so people have a lot of notice either way.

So, sticking with Snake Draft this year, and we've got all 12 teams confirmed, which means I can draw the draft order today! Stay tuned.

Actually, just remembered: we draw for draft order PREFERENCE, so I'll be PMing people today asking for those preferences. Or, if you want to help speed things along, you can just PM me your top several options now and I'll let you know how it shakes out. Check your PMs though and get back to me quickly!

Drawing now! For those who don't know, I draw this way: I go to the league site, copy down all 12 team names in whatever order it presents them to me, then I go to www.random.org to generate a random number between 1 and 12 (or whatever the total number of teams that year is). Whichever number comes up I remove that team (1 is the first time listed, 2 is the second, etc), reduce the range to 1-11, and continue. And that's it.

A system of cells interlinked
Hi all, sorry for the hold up. I am back in action today!

Correct. But only last in choice, so maybe it's what you want? Let's find out. Here's the final order:

1. Done and Dunn - @mikeython1
  2. Roid or Roid Not - @Powdered Water
  3. St. Helens Spruce - @LAMb EELYAK
  4. High-Level Arbitrage - @Banknotes Harper
  5. Amity Raiders - @seanc
  6. TONGOBALL - @TONGO
  7. Cobb County Corncobs - Dan
  8. Peanuts&Crackerjacks - @rauldc14
  9. Freedonia Ducks - @Yoda
  10. Clockwork Angels - @Sedai
  11. Hakuna Machado - @Adamantium18
  12. Just A Bit Outside - @Hey Fredrick

I actually requested 6th because Ive been picking last and one time first, basically I was ready for a change.

I had a theory (maybe still have?) years ago that there was a slight inherent advantage to picking in the middle, simply because it meant you were more likely to get a shot at any player that "fell" a little too far due to other people's positional needs or reaches, whereas if you pick near either end of the round there's a longer gap between them.

Not sure if that bears out or not, and it's probably swamped by year-by-year considerations, but I think there might be something there in an all-else-being-equal kinda way.

That said, when I can pick my slot I basically just figure out where I can go to still get a certain "tier" of player and I go around the bottom of that tier because I like most of them at similar levels and I'm a bit more likely to get someone I love in the 2nd. After that, too many variables.

I found out today even with such advanced notice I wont be able to get Sunday 03/05 off, and will be working since boss is out of town.

That is the one day my boss wont be able to cover for me.

Could we please change the draft from the 5th to any other day?

I don't know if we're reopening this discussion, but, since we're doing the faster snake draft, I could fit it in on the fourth or any other weekend day.

That is the one day my boss wont be able to cover for me.

Could we please change the draft from the 5th to any other day?
So, the problem here is if we change it back to the 4th, it's a lateral move: one owner can make it, the other can't. On top of that, everybody said they'd be fine with either initially. I feel bad if that turns out not to be the case, but I have to assume if people say a day works, it works.

Can @rauldc14 clarify whether he literally can't do the 4th, or if it would just be moderately inconvenient (IE: after a night shift or something)?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
So, the problem here is if we change it back to the 4th, it's a lateral move: one owner can make it, the other can't. On top of that, everybody said they'd be fine with either initially. I feel bad if that turns out not to be the case, but I have to assume if people say a day works, it works.

Can @rauldc14 clarify whether he literally can't do the 4th, or if it would just be moderately inconvenient (IE: after a night shift or something)?
I cannot do it unfortunately

If you can get approval from everyone else that an alternate date works I can probably make it work, too, just need as much notice as possible.

I lack the time to do that on anyone's behalf, though. Unfortunately people do not get back to me promptly (or at all, sometimes) even if I email, PM, and ping them on here, so even proposing a new date myself is actually committing to a dozen different tasks to make sure everyone replies. It's a whole lot of to-do items and follow-ups just to get simple responses in a timely fashion. But if someone can do that, I'm theoretically fine with it.

Im sorry for getting caught up and taking this whole thing so seriously. As I said in PM ill just auto draft this season. I really did think I could make either date but didnt know my boss made plans on the 5th.

If you can get approval from everyone else that an alternate date works I can probably make it work, too, just need as much notice as possible.

I lack the time to do that on anyone's behalf, though. Unfortunately people do not get back to me promptly (or at all, sometimes) even if I email, PM, and ping them on here, so even proposing a new date myself is actually committing to a dozen different tasks to make sure everyone replies. It's a whole lot of to-do items and follow-ups just to get simple responses in a timely fashion. But if someone can do that, I'm theoretically fine with it.
Only conflict I have for weekend dates is March 11th, but will be available after 2pm EST.