We just hit 15,000 reviews

Tools    

The most common rating is
, though those only make up 22% of the total. There's 11 possible ratings so you'd need to combine the top three most likely to even reach a majority.

NOTE: I'm not perfectly filtering out a small number of edge cases, but I figure with 15,000+ the quick-and-dirty query is probably fine.

Clearly people need to watch and review more crappy movies

Least common rating is
, which makes sense, I think. Hard to find something you almost entirely hate but still find a little something redeeming about.

Just 0.8% of all reviews.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hard to find something you almost entirely hate but still find a little something redeeming about.
Yeah, like I hate arrogant people. But I love how their arrogance makes me realize I'm better than these people.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, like I hate arrogant people. But I love how their arrogance makes me realize I'm better than these people.
This was a missed opportunity to claim you have rated every movie you have ever watched a

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
This was a missed opportunity to claim you have rated every movie you have ever watched a
Well, there are a few
s to keep it interesting!

Least common rating is
, which makes sense, I think. Hard to find something you almost entirely hate but still find a little something redeeming about.

Just 0.8% of all reviews.
I wonder which reviewer has the most
reviews? I think I might have a good guess

57.5% of all reviews fall between
and
I'll have to run the math (I'm not going to run the math), but I'd wager 90-95% of my ratings are 3/3.5/4.

I tend to like something about most movies I watch, even those with flaws. A movie has to actively annoy me in some way or be incompetent in an unforgivable way for me to hit the
or lower range.

I'll have to run the math (I'm not going to run the math), but I'd wager 90-95% of my ratings are 3/3.5/4.
You should know that I can't resist providing bespoke stats. You could all sabotage my plans by asking about these kinds of things in staggered waves.

70% of your ratings are either 3, 3.5, or 4.

Your average rating is 3.7.

I tend to like something about most movies I watch, even those with flaws. A movie has to actively annoy me in some way or be incompetent in an unforgivable way for me to hit the
or lower range.
Yeah, I think most reviews written in this context are gonna trend higher, since people tend to watch films they think they'll like. I expect completely elective reviews to always skew higher than, say, critics who are assigned films, ceteris paribus.

You should know that I can't resist providing bespoke stats. You could all sabotage my plans by asking about these kinds of things in staggered waves.

70% of your ratings are either 3, 3.5, or 4.

Your average rating is 3.7.
Interesting! It would be interesting if as part of your profile you could see a bar-graph type display showing how many of each type of rating you've given. Seeing how everyone's ratings distributions look would be nifty (and seeing who has the closest to a bell-curve distribution).

Yeah, I think most reviews written in this context are gonna trend higher, since people tend to watch films they think they'll like. I expect completely elective reviews to always skew higher than, say, critics who are assigned films, ceteris paribus.
Exactly. I always have a reason to watch what I'm watching, and whether that's my own interest or a recommendation from a friend, I'm going in wanting to enjoy what I watch. (The Hall of Infamy being the one exception to this rule).

Interesting! It would be interesting if as part of your profile you could see a bar-graph type display showing how many of each type of rating you've given. Seeing how everyone's ratings distributions look would be nifty (and seeing who has the closest to a bell-curve distribution).
I may have this scribbled down already, but if not, I will definitely add it. Upgrading profile pages to have more personal stats/favorites/whatever is one of the bigger things I'd like to do this year, and this would fit nicely with that. It'll probably be on its own page, with a few other similar things (genre, director/actor appearance frequency, stuff like that probably.

I may have this scribbled down already, but if not, I will definitely add it. Upgrading profile pages to have more personal stats/favorites/whatever is one of the bigger things I'd like to do this year, and this would fit nicely with that. It'll probably be on its own page, with a few other similar things (genre, director/actor appearance frequency, stuff like that probably.
I really, really like that idea!

I think I should have a plaque or a prize for the 476 movies I bailed out of. Citizen is next, but he bailed out of only 139 movies.

I think I should have a plaque or a prize for the 476 movies I bailed out of. Citizen is next, but he bailed out of only 139 movies.
Funny thing is I only bailed on movies when I had Netflix. Now I just avoid crappy movies all togehter.

Funny thing is I only bailed on movies when I had Netflix. Now I just avoid crappy movies all togehter.
But how do you know they’re crap if you don’t watch at least a little bit?