What Was Released?

Tools    

I follow a page on FB that shares what film was released on that day. I thought I would share the films, the trailers and their anniversary to make us all feel old.

What was released on August 8th?

38 Years Ago

Xanadu (1980)
Directed by Richard Greenwald
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Fantasy
Starring: Michael Beck, Gene Kelly, and Olivia Newton-John

37 Years Ago

Heavy Metal (1981)
Directed by Gerald Potterton, John Bruno, John Halas and 6 additional directors directing certain segments
Genres: Fantasy, Animation, Adventure
Starring: Voices of Richard Romanus, John Candy, Joe Flaherty and many mor
e.

32 Years Ago

Stand By Me (1986)
Directed by Rob Reiner
Genres: Adventure, Drama
Starring: River Phoenix, Wil Wheaton, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell

Did you ever see those MG?

I watched Heavy Metal at the Drive-In theater (now I feel old). I thought it was a blast.

Pretty sure I seen Stand By Me when it first came out. The last time I seen it I was on a ship and puking because of the high seas. Still it was a good watch

I've seen Xandu a couple of times, I never did like it much. GBgoodies has that in her Top 10.

Did you ever see those MG?

I watched Heavy Metal at the Drive-In theater (now I feel old). I thought it was a blast.

Pretty sure I seen Stand By Me when it first came out. The last time I seen it I was on a ship and puking because of the high seas. Still it was a good watch

I've seen Xandu a couple of times, I never did like it much. GBgoodies has that in her Top 10.
Oh yeah I seen them all a few times.. actually, Xanadu is one of my favorite films. I think I have mentioned it before. I have the film on dvd and vhs and single vinyl records and the album on vinyl and cd.

Do you have a big DVD collection? I'm starting to get a big digital collection. Now I just got to find time to watch them all!
Yes, I have a big dvd collection. Mainly Criterions. I have TV show dvds as well..

Xanadu is @Holden Pike's favorite movie. Now everybody knows.

What Was Released on August 9th?

19 Years Ago

Mystery Men (1999)
Directed by Kinka Usher
Genres: Comedy, Action, Fantasy
Starring: Ben Stiller, Janeane Garofalo and William H Macy