Quote of the Day

Tools    

Thanks Tatty... those are great...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Tacitus
I taped a great documentary on Spike Milligan the other day. Comic genius springs to mind...
Thanks for the quotes Tatty, Spike was a regular inmate at the hospital where I did my Psy training. I love him

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by nebbit
Thanks for the quotes Tatty, Spike was a regular inmate at the hospital where I did my Psy training. I love him
Aye, he spent a lot of time in Aus.

I forgot to tape a Peter Cook & Dudley Moore TV special from Australia in 1971 last night...

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. ~ Dr. Theodore Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss

Arresting your development
“When looking for faults use a mirror, not a telescope”

-Richard Bach

there's a frog in my snake oil
"When you sleep, the dreams are recorded and when you wake up those yellowy bits in your eyes are the tape. We just haven't figured out how to use them yet."

--OT, Derbyshire [http://www.iwantoneofthose.com]

Wheely cool bike girl
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Some footie titbits:

".....I said to the players before the start, 'Just go out and give it 100 per cent'.....I am not asking for any more than that....." - Carlton Palmer.

".....When England go to Turkey there could be fatalities - or even worse, injuries....." - Phil 'Yes Boss' Neal.

.....It's Ipswich nil, Liverpool two, and if that's the way the score stays then you've got to fancy Liverpool to win....." - Peter Jones.

".....Achilles tendon injuries are a pain in the butt....." - David O'Leary.

".....I have never heard a minute's silence like the one for Princess Diana....." - Glen(da) Hoddle.

".....David Beckham's wife appears to be no different from five million other girls, but she's got something that sets her apart from the other four million, nine hundred and fifty thousand and ninety-five....." - Mike Parry.

".....If you don't want to know the result, look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the trophy....." - Steve Rider.

".....Matt (Busby) always believed Manchester United would be one of the greatest clubs in the world. He was the eternal optimist. In 1968, he still hoped Glenn Miller was just missing....." - Paddy Crerand.

And finally...

"....when I joined Rangers I immediately established myself as third-choice left-half. The guys ahead of me were an amputee and a Catholic....." - Craig Brown.

Wheely cool bike girl
"Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up."
Maxine...

Evolution in Progress...
Well as usual I feel a bit off when I see all the famous people that are quoted here I feel like I'll never be educated enough. Anyway I just thought that I'd share this one here cuz it definetly raised my spirits

"
- Hey man don't worry, things will be ok, they'll get better.

- Yeah and if they don't we'll all just pretend they are until you feel good enough to pretend along with us. "

Some of my buddies found me a few nights ago in a bad way and they said that while they were trying to cheer me up. It seemed kinda silly but I liked it.

Anyway I just thought I'd try and contribute something back to these wonderful forums before I ship out for bootcamp.

Keep up the quotes because they are great!

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

I am half agony, half hope.
"Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing after all."

Elizabeth Barret
Pride and prejudice

Johann von Goethe

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

-Author Unknown

The Indians in their simplicity literally give away all that they have--to relatives, to guests of other tribes or clans, but above all to the poor and the aged, from whom they can hope for no return. ~ Ohiyesa (Charles Alexander Eastman) - Wahpeton Santee Sioux

You have to use the power you acquire to protect the integrity of what you're doing. And to do that, you have to be prepared to go all the way. If you have the strength to do that, you're in pretty good shape. ~ Richard Boone (18 June 1917 - 10 Jan 1981)