The Next thing For Peter Jackson

Tools    

Procrastinator who can't wait.
Originally Posted by Yoda
Yeah. And now you're a part of it, genius.
You too.

Originally Posted by Swazee
This is the most retarded thred I have ever seen.
What's retarded about it?

He was talking about Thred, not this thread. Thred is a digitizing program. I guess he didn't like it. Perhaps he is a programmer that could have done a better job.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
What's retarded about it?
This is, for starters:

Do you know my poetry?
From a Interview with Elijah Wood:

"Then there's The Hobbit, Tolkien's prequel to the Rings adventures. The crews in New Zealand are up for it, Jackson initially said no because he had already invested a large part of his life in the trilogy.

At this point, Peter's now considering it because I think he just doesn't want anyone else to do it. If it's done, he knows and I think everybody else knows, that the only way to do it is to continue it in New Zealand with the same artists so that it has some sort of visual continuity to these films. So, you never know."

My dad is a cameraman for ABC News and I went into work with him when he was filming an interview with Elijah Wood. After the interview, I was talking to Elijah and I said I saw a trailer for The Hobbit online and asked if it was real. He said the trailer is fake, the person who made the trailer just took clips from Lord of The Rings and Reign of Fire and spliced them together. He then said that Peter Jackson IS going to make a Hobbit movie. Don't believe me if you want, but I swear I am telling the truth.

By the way, if you don't believe me, the interview is airing probably a couple of days before the third movie comes out (if not, a couple of days after) it will be on 20/20 on channel 5. He (Elijah) has a short weird kind of mohawk hairstyle and the interview is in a garden/courtyard. He is sitting on a box. The person interviewing is a woman and her name is Kate. After the interview it will show him walking out of behind a tree and the camera follows his face for a second or two.(Miranda Otto who plays Eowyn is in the same episode and she is in a room in a castle with a hardwood carved chest of drawers behind her and black and red towels over the windows in the background. After the interview, it will show her lighting candles). Watch if you still don't believe me.

sry, it will be on 20/20 which is on channel 7, which is ABC.

Evolution in Progress...

That is so beautiful Silver...I must find a poster like that and give it to my friend Drew (19...without ever having a job, sleeps past 5 pm every day, and is always on the internet bitching on some forum about something

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

Ok - maybe this will set things straight. This news is from the much reliable lord of the rings fan site 'theoneringnet' - I've made a little copy-paste for you...:

That 'Hobbit' Trailer....
7/31/03, 1:49 pm EST - Xoanon

While folks are searching the net far and wide for any signs of 'The Return of the King' trailer, another trailer has been popping up on their screens. The trailer seems to show scenes from 'The Hobbit' with a few cut scenes from FOTR, the end titles say 'THE HOBBIT" Directed by Peter Jackson, December 2006.

To set the record straight, this is a FAN-MADE trailer with scenes from other movies. Peter is working on KING KONG for his next picture. And, God bless him, let the man get out of Middle-earth for a well deserved rest!

K-CZ

TheOne acted so childish about this in a recent post that was deleted, I felt I should look around. This is from an interview from this December on the BBC Webpage:

Hobbit film

Jackson said he was looking forward "to becoming a New Zealand film-maker again" after his next project, a re-make of King Kong.

He also said he would be "keen" to make a film of Tolkien's The Hobbit - but he had not been asked.

"I'm obviously busy for the next couple of years with King Kong," he said.

Lord of the Rings executive producer Mark Ordesky, chief operating officer of film studio New Line, told a press conference: "There could be a movie about The Hobbit."

I would love to see him do The Hobbit.

BANNED
okay time to set the record straight its me the one who started this.

In a recent event on a radio station there was report of peter jackson asking for the rights to make a hobbit movie. peter jackson quote saying hed like to make it.