Question about The Circle: Not seeing how people determined...

Tools    

I'm 8 minutes in and about to bail on the movie because of so many logical flaws, but maybe I missed something or it's explained later.

So, one of the people says people are voting who gets to die next using their hand or fist... but I'm not seeing how any of them figured this out. It makes sense that they could figure out that they're only seeing their own lit arrows, and maybe how their hand is guiding their arrow, but there's a big gap between them figuring out how closing their fist meant a "vote" for the person their arrow is pointing at. It just seems a big stretch in perception or a logical leap to get from A to C. I mean, if they don't already know that the arrows point to who's going to die next, and they don't know that closing your fist means a vote, and they can't see each other's arrows... how can they put all these pieces together and figure out that they're voting who's going to die next?!

Was this sort of implicit in the camera angles (I did notice it focusing on their hands making movements and fists, but not much of people looking down at other's hands), things we didn't see (say, more time passed than was shown), or were some people pre-loaded with knowledge (remembered or sub-consciously programmed) about the voting system? If the answer is something like the latter... please don't spoil it, just say "You'll just have to watch and see!" Thanks.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
At 4:36 it cuts to a close up of a guy's hand then moves up to show the guy with the camo ballcap noticing that his motions were affecting the arrows in the center of the room. When he closed his hand he realized that triggered the bolt of energy that he then explains to the group. A solid minute is used to present his discovery followed by explaining it to the group.

I'm 8 minutes in and about to bail on the movie because of so many logical flaws, but maybe I missed something or it's explained later.

So, one of the people says people are voting who gets to die next using their hand or fist... but I'm not seeing how any of them figured this out. It makes sense that they could figure out that they're only seeing their own lit arrows, and maybe how their hand is guiding their arrow, but there's a big gap between them figuring out how closing their fist meant a "vote" for the person their arrow is pointing at. It just seems a big stretch in perception or a logical leap to get from A to C. I mean, if they don't already know that the arrows point to who's going to die next, and they don't know that closing your fist means a vote, and they can't see each other's arrows... how can they put all these pieces together and figure out that they're voting who's going to die next?!

Was this sort of implicit in the camera angles (I did notice it focusing on their hands making movements and fists, but not much of people looking down at other's hands), things we didn't see (say, more time passed than was shown), or were some people pre-loaded with knowledge (remembered or sub-consciously programmed) about the voting system? If the answer is something like the latter... please don't spoil it, just say "You'll just have to watch and see!" Thanks.