Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (2021) - miniseries

Tools    

Watched the first 2 eps of a 4 part miniseries on Netflix called Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (2021) (not to be confused with the 2016 TV movie The Night Stalker starring Lou Diamond Phillips).

It's the story of the stalker's horrific serial murders and other crimes during 1984-85 in Los Angeles and San Francisco. It's a well done documentary that tells the tale from the point of view of the two L.A. Sheriff detectives who ultimately solved the case. There have been other depictions of this serial killer on video. But this one firmly holds one's attention, and provides suspense even when the outcome is likely known.

Directed by James Carroll and Tiller Russell, the story is told by interviews with Detectives Frank Salerno and Gil Carrillo, as well as by archival news footage and people involved in the story, along with a few victims' first hand accounts.

The miniseries does not delve into the stalker's motives or background, but those subjects are available online.

Unregistered User
Watched the first 2 eps of a 4 part miniseries on Netflix called Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer (2021) (not to be confused with the 2016 TV movie The Night Stalker starring Lou Diamond Phillips).

It's the story of the stalker's horrific serial murders and other crimes during 1984-85 in Los Angeles and San Francisco. It's a well done documentary that tells the tale from the point of view of the two L.A. Sheriff detectives who ultimately solved the case. There have been other depictions of this serial killer on video. But this one firmly holds one's attention, and provides suspense even when the outcome is likely known.

Directed by James Carroll and Tiller Russell, the story is told by interviews with Detectives Frank Salerno and Gil Carrillo, as well as by archival news footage and people involved in the story, along with a few victims' first hand accounts.

The miniseries does not delve into the stalker's motives or background, but those subjects are available online.

Really enjoyed this although I complained that it would have been better if it delved into family background and motives, just like you mentioned. Scary man.

[Night Stalker] Really enjoyed this although I complained that it would have been better if it delved into family background and motives, just like you mentioned. Scary man.
I agree. They rather glossed over his formative years, which would have been interesting.

Reportedly a top psychiatrist (Michael H. Stone) opined that Ramirez was a "made" psychopath rather than a "born" psychopath, which opens up a whole can of worms regarding fashionable notions of life styles that are markedly deviant from the norm. Yet the prevailing thought among many is that no one is responsible for any antisocial or criminal behavior because it is caused by their environment.

A system of cells interlinked
Ah excellent. My wife has been bugging me to dig up another true crime series for us to watch, and I think this fits the bill perfectly.

Thanks for the heads up!