A new method to watch NOIR - and it's free

Tools    

One of the reasons I hated giving up TCM was being able to record noir by way of Eddie Muller's Noir Alley. Then it dawned on me to check YouTube, and sure enough, there are over 100 of Muller's intros and outros from his noir program.

There are also many noir films on YouTube, and of course from other sources. So I like to watch Muller's intro, then the film, then his outro. Makes for an interesting presentation with inside background and commentary.

Try it, you'll like it...

I recently gave up TCM and some other channels to lower my cable bill. I was able to do it because just about any movie I want to see, especially classics, I can find elsewhere for free.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Whenever I get a notice from my cable company that my bill is going up, I find out the cheapest plan that includes TCM, and switch to it. The last time I did that, my bill was lowered in price, and they added Showtime and Starz movie channels. I still don't know how they did that, but I'm satisfied.

I recently gave up TCM and some other channels to lower my cable bill. I was able to do it because just about any movie I want to see, especially classics, I can find elsewhere for free.
I did too. I love TCM, but it was really the only channel we were watching on cable, except for a few college football games in the Fall. So I figured out that I was paying $70 a month just to watch TCM, so I regrettably had to axe it.

Maybe someday they'll break away from cable, and have their own premium subscription feed.

I did too. I love TCM, but it was really the only channel we were watching on cable, except for a few college football games in the Fall. So I figured out that I was paying $70 a month just to watch TCM, so I regrettably had to axe it.

Maybe someday they'll break away from cable, and have their own premium subscription feed.
That's a lot of money to save. Our bill was up to $280 a month and there's only 2 of us so I cut out all of the movie channels. If there's a series we want to watch on Showtime or HBO we can subscribe for a month via Prime.