Most UNIQUE Movie You've Seen?

Tools    

Oh how did I forget Takashi Miike’s efforts. ‘Ichi the killer’ is downright disturbing and disgusting, ‘visitor Q’ involves a crazy family dynamic including a son consistently milking his mother’s breasts as an adult VERY WEIRD. I have to watch more Takashi Miike.

Sounds fun...

I may have watched it because it does sound familiar.. I have a friend who used to watch movies like this with me... really freaky weird a^^ films.

Maybe if I can find it.. I will watch it to see if I had seen it before.
IIRC, it’s a Czech movie.

I dont mind foreign films. I can recommend a few 100 myself.
I mentioned it since I think you once posted that you like Eastern European films. Or Slavic films - can’t remember.

I am going to go with the documentary Tickle. You just have to see it to believe it. not as weird as some of the surrealist movies mentioned on this thread but has the extra charm if you will of being grounded in a off putting and odd reality.

I mentioned it since I think you once posted that you like Eastern European films. Or Slavic films - can’t remember.
Yup...

I.have a huge list of Nordic films as well.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I am going to go with the documentary Tickle. You just have to see it to believe it. not as weird as some of the surrealist movies mentioned on this thread but has the extra charm if you will of being grounded in a off putting and odd reality.

That would be a great idea for a thread -- "Most Unique Documentaries".. You should start it up?

I keep bringing this one up...weird, unique, strange, off-the- wall...I don't know which. Probably all. But I still see it as a masterpiece foreign film.

Leolo

I'm trying not to think of unique as just bizarre or surrealistic. It seems like that sort of turns this into an undercover weird movies thread.

One that I doubt anyone will mention is The Hyperboloid of Engineer Garin (1965). It does have some clear noir influence, but not in any way I've seen before. I remember thinking it's like if aliens got ahold of a few archetypal Earth movies and tried to make their own. Not particularly bizarre by intention; just feels so different.

I'll second the mention of Happy End (1967). A movie played back completely in reverse. Surprisingly good.

I'll also throw Peter Greenaway's name in the hat. Maybe I'm breaking my own criteria. His movies are often bizarre, but I find his way of shooting scenes like traveling stage plays really different and cool.

Brandon Lee was wonderful in The Crow. You could see his actual charisma right through his character. His father Bruce was a poor actor in my opinion, but did have that charm and charisma.

It was really quite a loss when Brandon died at 28 years old from a ridiculous prop accident. I believe he would have done very well in the acting industry.

I'm trying not to think of unique as just bizarre or surrealistic. It seems like that sort of turns this into an undercover weird movies thread.

One that I doubt anyone will mention is The Hyperboloid of Engineer Garin (1965). It does have some clear noir influence, but not in any way I've seen before. I remember thinking it's like if aliens got ahold of a few archetypal Earth movies and tried to make their own. Not particularly bizarre by intention; just feels so different.

I'll second the mention of Happy End (1967). A movie played back completely in reverse. Surprisingly good.

I'll also throw Peter Greenaway's name in the hat. Maybe I'm breaking my own criteria. His movies are often bizarre, but I find his way of shooting scenes like traveling stage plays really different and cool.

In reverse? But nothing like "Citizen Kane"?

I think that it's Tall Tale (1995), although I watched it many years ago. It's underrated movie.

Brandon Lee was wonderful in The Crow. You could see his actual charisma right through his character. His father Bruce was a poor actor in my opinion, but did have that charm and charisma.

It was really quite a loss when Brandon died at 28 years old from a ridiculous prop accident. I believe he would have done very well in the acting industry.
he was but sad that he got shot and killed D=. i only seem few of his dad movies back in the day. gosh i know right wish they would check in the first place i agree

No sir. The whole movie (apart from dialogue) is rewound.

Woah! Have you seen this more than once? How was it like watching it for the first time? Is it a favorite of yours?

Woah! Have you seen this more than once? How was it like watching it for the first time? Is it a favorite of yours?
Only once so far. I'm not sure I'd call it a favorite, but it's much more entertaining than I expected given the gimmick. Oldrich Lipsky is a favorite filmmaker of mine though. After watching it, I started walking around feeling discombobulated now that life was in proper motion again.