Coronavirus

Tools    

I fear the states are gonna have to close boarders and just allow food and medical supply trucks to other states and do a nation wide curfew set at 7pm

More slivers of good news, not so much in the sense that things won't get worse over the next few weeks, but in the sense that it might not be as bad as it could be:

More slivers of good news, not so much in the sense that things won't get worse over the next few weeks, but in the sense that it might not be as bad as it could be:

Good info and it helps reinforce the importance of social distancing. I had a doctors appointment at the VA today and they had a pretty well setup pre-screening process. The only problem I saw with it is that it would be easy to lie and still get in, but if people are honest it would certainly help I think. I almost did not go to the appointment and I informed them of being sick earlier in the month and my negative Covid test.

While I was out at my appointment driving there and back I saw so much going on that would normally not even catch my attention at all. I saw construction people in large groups doing various jobs around the city. Not keeping distance from each other at all. I saw people getting gas and touching the pump handle then touching their faces. I saw three different people do this as I waited in line to get gas. I went inside after getting gas to get a soda, but immediately turned around and left because those in line to pay were all right up on each other. There was so much traffic, it was like hey nothing going on around here. I certainly would have not been out if I did not need to be but I had to get lab work done. My next Dr appointment is going to be done over the phone which I think is a good idea.

I hear on the news about people hanging out in groups in Louisiana coming over from Texas because the stuff there is closed. The Governor there (in Texas) has put up travel restrictions for those coming from LA, but what good does that do if their own residents go hang out over there in crowds and then come back.

https://www.kplctv.com/2020/03/29/ab...combat-covid-/

People are still attending large church gatherings.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/louisia...ronavirus-ban/

There are "Covid 19" parties all over the place - this is just one that got news because people got infected, but they are common enough to be worrisome.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/healt...ion/index.html

I think one of the biggest difficulties for a lot of people is that they love their freedom. I personally don't get it. If they are not worried for themselves they should be for their families and vulnerable people. it just seems so selfish to me.

Anyone remember this of Myth Busters episode? It puts a light on how easily germs are spread.

Be smart out there everyone. I know some of us cannot help but go out because of work or many other reasons, just do so safely please - for yourself and everyone else.

Was texting with my cousin yesterday, he lives in the burbs and he says he went to Walmart and it was dead compared to the normal weekend traffic. He said quite a few of the folks at the store were wearing gloves and masks. So some places are treating this more serious than others. Compare that to where I am and the police are driving around to parks and playgrounds breaking up get togethers. A park three blocks away was PACKED last week. It was like nothing was going on, we just decided to cancel work and school for the fun of it. B-ball games, kids playing on the equipment, etc. Then you look at the heat map of the positive cases and the most serious outbreak in town starts about five blocks away from that playground. A big red blob of infection! It's insane.

A system of cells interlinked
Some countries are beginning to use technology to install some fairly draconian methods of data/people tracking.

Invasive New Data Collection

I just read that in my state, Washington, a church choir defied state quarantine orders and kept practicing. The results: 45 of the choir members now have the coronavirus and 3 have died.

News story link

I also read while churches all over America are safely conducting services via the internet, in Louisiana where there's a ban on meetings of 50 or more people, a large church stays open in violation of the ban. Over 1200 people attend services in this one church, despite the risk.

News story link

The trick is not minding
Stay at home order issued for Maryland residents. Effective at 8 pm. I need to get ahold of my job now and find out what the plan is for today since I work 4pm-12pm. Half day and then shut down?

You ready? You look ready.
Some countries are beginning to use technology to install some fairly draconian methods of data/people tracking.

Invasive New Data Collection
Yo, did you see the measures Poland has taken? The irony of them using big government surveillance is unnerving. If it can happen there of all places it can happen anywhere.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pola...-selfie-2020-3
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

My curiosity is not expecting this.
I have to say in all honesty that I never understand a single one of this person’s posts. It must be me though.

Fauci Estimates That 100,000 To 200,000 Americans Could Die From The Coronavirus
Coming from Fauci, that is bad news indeed.

And finally maybe someone in New York has heard of this? I couldn't find anything online linking to official reports so it may be nothing but I did find the Dr and he is in New York.
Monroe, NY is one of the towns north of NYC where Orthodox Jews live. Many of them were involved in the anti-vaccinations controversy last year. I probably wouldn’t go by anything this doctor says.

Sad news coming from the country music world today. :Joe Diffie - So Help Me Girl
I never heard of him, but R.I.P.

I just read that in my state, Washington, a church choir defied state quarantine orders and kept practicing. The results: 45 of the choir members now have the coronavirus and 3 have died.
Idiots. Our archbishop in Connecticut is now prohibiting us from handing sandwiches to hungry people. They come to the rectory door, we slide out a couple of sambies & they go on their way. No physical contact. But archbishop tells us that when all the sambies are gone from the fridge & freezer that is it.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

News story link

I also read while churches all over America are safely conducting services via the internet, in Louisiana where there's a ban on meetings of 50 or more people, a large church stays open in violation of the ban. Over 1200 people attend services in this one church, despite the risk.

News story link
In Pennsylvania, the church is exempt from the stay-at-home orders.

⬆️ You said the church is exempt from stay-at-home orders. Ergo, it means that people can attend church. So how many people at one time?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
⬆️ You said the church is exempt from stay-at-home orders. Ergo, it means that people can attend church. So how many people at one time?
No not exactly. All the churches are closed and Masses canceled. It simply means the church is exempt from government rule. However, some parishes are doing drive through confessions as permitted by the local bishops.

You ready? You look ready.
Abbot has seen a 24% increase in their share price over the last week: 10% was just from today after announcing a new rapid COVID-19 test yesterday.

Just remember: there are people making millions off this ****.

A system of cells interlinked
Yo, did you see the measures Poland has taken? The irony of them using big government surveillance is unnerving. If it can happen there of all places it can happen anywhere.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pola...-selfie-2020-3
Yea, I think Snowden mentioned that in that other article, as well.

I know this may sound stupid but couldnt you still do movies just limit so many people per showing and screen.

The Most a movie on a sunday where I got when busy might have 20 to 30 people but that be a Avengers movie even.

Most times a new release on a sunday at noon have 15 max. Me and my friend when go sit in same row but 2 seated gap because well were well portly.

I dont see why Wrestlemania cant have some people in a large stadium just make sure people are not seated side by side.

Im not talking new york or l.a but smaller out break of Covid19