Worst Movie By Your Favorite Director?

Tools    

Alfred Hitchcock-Dial M for Murder (still a very good movie)

Robert Altman's WORST
BY DECADE

A Perfect Couple (1970s)
O.C. & Stiggs (1980s)
Ready to Wear (1990s)
Dr. T and the Women (2000s)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Alfred Hitchcock's The Paradine Case. Absolutely, the most boring movie I have ever seen in my life. It stars Gregory Peck as a barrister who falls in love with a woman he is defending in a murder trial. But the movie isn't about the trial or the murder investigation but about how this affects his relationship with his wife!! At the end he tries to pin the murder on someone else, fails utterly, breaks down during his summation and walks out of the courtroom to return home with his tail between his legs. That's it. That's the whole movie. No great plot twists, camera tricks, classic shots, nothing. I have seen elementary school plays with more depth and drama than this. The Master of Suspense took a vacation for this one and delivers easily the worst product of his brilliant career.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
My pick, Akira Kurosawa - Rhapsody in August.

Agree with Holden Pike on Ready to Wear.

Agree with ahwell on Eyes Wide Shut.

Vittorio De Sica - A Place for Lovers.

I can't state it any better than Roger Ebert, "A Place for Lovers" is the most godawful piece of pseudo-romantic slop I've ever seen. I did see it. Yes. I sat there in the dark, stunned by disbelief. Could Vittorio de Sica possibly have directed it? De Sica, who made "The Bicycle Thief"? Even a director who had made no movies would have a hard time making one as bad as this.

Alfred Hitchcock - Topaz

What tha?

John Vernon is suppose to be Fidel Castro?

Steven Spielberg - A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

Unintentionally funny.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Alfred Hitchcock's The Paradine Case. Absolutely, the most boring movie I have ever seen in my life. It stars Gregory Peck as a barrister who falls in love with a woman he is defending in a murder trial. But the movie isn't about the trial or the murder investigation but about how this affects his relationship with his wife!! At the end he tries to pin the murder on someone else, fails utterly, breaks down during his summation and walks out of the courtroom to return home with his tail between his legs. That's it. That's the whole movie. No great plot twists, camera tricks, classic shots, nothing. I have seen elementary school plays with more depth and drama than this. The Master of Suspense took a vacation for this one and delivers easily the worst product of his brilliant career.
I almost watched this because Gregory Peck was in it, and someone whose taste I respect recommended it.

15:17 to Paris... anyone?

Welcome to the human race...
If Clint Eastwood were my or anyone else's favourite director, maybe. Might have a bit of competition from American Sniper or Firefox, though. Also surprised that there are multiple Spielberg answers but none of them are Crystal Skull or Ready Player One or The BFG.

Anyway, for now I'll pick Linklater's version of The Bad News Bears.

Both of them are bad, but the casting of the real characters does sound "charming", but didn't really work in real life. It was supposed to be a serious affair, but the bad acting was really hard to go past!

For Linkletter, Newton Boys is not very good either!

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof (2007)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Once Upon A Time in America by Sergio Leone. It's not a bad film per say, but it's his least best I find.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I would agree with Dial M For Murder being lesser Hitchcock
Oh really Dial M For Murder, I thought was one of his best. Hitchcock's least best for me, would be The Wrong Man.