The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Ok, I’m going to reconsider this. I have until Sunday, right? That’ll give me some time to go over everyone’s lists. That’s the daunting part....cross checking everyone's rather lengthy amount of lists and coming Up with a suitable film for all involved.
Although I’m pretty sure I already know why I’ll pick for Citizen Rules if I join.
I have a zillion unchecked films on my list that I would like to see, it's not like I watched up all the good stuff and the rest is crap
I have 2 films in mind for you if I join.

Ok, I’m going to reconsider this. I have until Sunday, right? That’ll give me some time to go over everyone’s lists. That’s the daunting part....cross checking everyone's rather lengthy amount of lists and coming Up with a suitable film for all involved.
Although I’m pretty sure I already know why I’ll pick for Citizen Rules if I join.
Yea that's the original plan and I think I'm going to stick with it. Monday is my next day off and I'll have time to post everything.

The trick is not minding
Ok, I’m in. This looks like too much fun to pass up and I’d kick myself if I did.
Give me a day or so to go through everyone’s list to pick a suitable nomination.
All nominations will have been seen by me, so no blind picks if I can help it.
I’ll make it easy for you guys if you wish, foreign films, sci fi and horror are my current mood but you don’t have to adhere to those suggestions.
My lists are pretty bare afterall.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'll join this one!!!! I promise to finish early too!!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Ok, I’m in. This looks like too much fun to pass up and I’d kick myself if I did.
Give me a day or so to go through everyone’s list to pick a suitable nomination.
All nominations will have been seen by me, so no blind picks if I can help it.
I’ll make it easy for you guys if you wish, foreign films, sci fi and horror are my current mood but you don’t have to adhere to those suggestions.
My lists are pretty bare afterall.
I did a quick run through of your list and you have lots of cool unseen films. I'll pick a good one for ya bro!

Awesome, we might have half the forum by the time the deadline comes.
You're the man Cricket, great idea!
Maybe we can get a couple more, I wish Raul would reconsider, we're going to have fun

I've got recs picked for everybody. At some point I'll have to go through my sent folder and make a master list of what I chose for everybody since I've had to send cricket multiple PMs.

I don't like all of the movies I've chosen, but I've seen all of them and I think the people I picked them for will like them even if I may not.

The trick is not minding
Because they’re all 'handpicked' recs for you personally, anticipation for the reveal is 10 x more than a regular hof reveal.
Seriously, you hit it right on the head. The anticipation helps build the suspense.
This is going to be so much fun!

I've sent my nominations to cricket. There were probably smarter choices, but I only chose movies that I personally love that felt "right" for each individual participant. It was easier to choose for people like cricket and @Siddon who had fewer available options than someone like @ahwell. I basically just "eenie meenie miney moed" his pick from the multitude of classics he's yet to experience.

Some picks I feel more confident about than others. @Miss Vicky will be stepping into genres she doesn't typically watch. @Hey Fredrick is probably my biggest wildcard. I've noticed that he watches a lot of exploitation, so I felt like I could be a little more daring with his selection. Hopefully he doesn't hate me for it.

I've sent my nominations to cricket. There were probably smarter choices, but I only chose movies that I personally love that felt "right" for each individual participant. It was easier to choose for people like cricket and @Siddon who had fewer available options than someone like @ahwell. I basically just "eenie meenie miney moed" his pick from the multitude of classics he's yet to experience.

Some picks I feel more confident about than others. @Miss Vicky will be stepping into genres she doesn't typically watch. @Hey Fredrick is probably my biggest wildcard. I've noticed that he watches a lot of exploitation, so I felt like I could be a little more daring with his selection. Hopefully he doesn't hate me for it.
It felt to me like you were extremely calculated with all of your choices. I'm driving now but I will have some more tidbits on the selections so far when I get home.

I just got to settle on a movie for Wydesyde and do some research on Suspect (ha, that sounded funny!). I've been making master list and saving potential choices for the next time we do this

I'm curious about how you guys decided what I'd like? From memory? From my Top 10? or Reviews? or?

I just got to settle on a movie for Wydesyde and do some research on Suspect (ha, that sounded funny!). I've been making master list and saving potential choices for the next time we do this

I'm curious about how you guys decided what I'd like? From memory? From my Top 10? or Reviews? or?
For me it's easy to pick a movie for you to watch, but not so much picking something you'll like. You're tougher than I thought and I know you pretty well.

Can't explain without giving it away but I'll try. Most viewers who love 'movie title', also love 'movie title'. I used the same rationale for CSs rec.

I only chose movies that I personally love that felt "right" for each individual participant.
I don't love enough movies to be able to do that easily.

@Miss Vicky will be stepping into genres she doesn't typically watch.

Hmm. Well as long as it's not a musical or some **** like Cannibal Holocaust it should be okay. I hope.

@Miss Vicky will be stepping into genres she doesn't typically watch.

Hmm. Well as long as it's not a musical or some **** like Cannibal Holocaust it should be okay. I hope.
Shoot, Cannibal Holocaust was my nomination for you but guess I’ll have to change that now