What's the worst movie you have ever seen?

Tools    

Probably Highlander: The Source, for a series famed for horrible sequels how bad this one was was still surprising. I'm sure I've seen things that are on a technical level worse, and but considering how low my expectations were going in and how far under those expectations this got I have to go with it.

Victim of The Night
Okay, I'll base this on the vitriol it prompted, which rose inside of me like a holy rage, but it has lots of competitors for the title :

Aww.

I forgot the opening line.
I once decided to review the Box Office Mojo top 100 movies from 1980 - and in a bunch that included such stinkers as The Gong Show Movie and The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu I rated The Nude Bomb as the worst. It had not even a whiff of the charm the series had, and exactly one semi-laugh throughout it's entire runtime. But I did manage to irk a friend who had fond memories of it from his youth. It's a bizarre one for fans of the series, with Don Adams sexualized (and no agent 99) - the constantly reworked jokes were awkward fits and the tone all wrong. It would be an interesting one to revisit.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

The Blair Witch Project 1999
Without doubt, the worst. Taking itself seriously just digs the hole deeper. And the absurd stupid hype this movie enjoyed . . . meh.

(It's too bad this isn't a three stooges universe where I could reach through the camera and poke all those involved in the eye.)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I usually avoid answering this question, because I know I'm advertising them with a simple mention.
-the doors - (if you're going to make fiction, at least do a good job)
-the wolf of wall st
-the irishman (see above)
-grandma (with Lily Tomlin)
-do the right thing (and never watch this stereotype, or change the title to "do the white thing")

A system of cells interlinked

They’re both better than CODA.
No!

Okay, I'll base this on the vitriol it prompted, which rose inside of me like a holy rage, but it has lots of competitors for the title :

Would you believe I paid to see this in the theater?

Victim of The Night
I once decided to review the Box Office Mojo top 100 movies from 1980 - and in a bunch that included such stinkers as The Gong Show Movie and The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu I rated The Nude Bomb as the worst. It had not even a whiff of the charm the series had, and exactly one semi-laugh throughout it's entire runtime. But I did manage to irk a friend who had fond memories of it from his youth. It's a bizarre one for fans of the series, with Don Adams sexualized (and no agent 99) - the constantly reworked jokes were awkward fits and the tone all wrong. It would be an interesting one to revisit.

I probably watched this a dozen times when I was 11 years old.

Victim of The Night
Siskel and Ebert review The Blair Witch Project (for some reason the link is not working correctly here, just skip to 7:30):

"The Blair Witch Project is creative and inventive and original..."
"And a triumph over their limitations. They don't have a big amount of money and what did they do, they turned that into something wonderful. It was marvelous."
"It's a good movie."

Siskel and Ebert review The Blair Witch Project (for some reason the link is not working correctly here, just skip to 7:30):

"The Blair Witch Project is creative and inventive and original..."
"And a triumph over their limitations. They don't have a big amount of money and what did they do, they turned that into something wonderful. It was marvelous."
"It's a good movie."

The great crime Blair Witch commits for a lot of people is it wears it's cheapness on its sleeve, it reduces narrative to little more than mood, and it asks for the audience to directly engage with it and fill in all the things it doesn't actually show. For many this is unforgivable.

But Siskel and Ebert are right. And in a world where most films are completely interchangeable from eachother, the fact people have a particular ire for Blair Witch, which is both original and daring, is unfortunate.

As for me, my anger is towards films that do absolutely nothing. That make no attempt to make a mark. That blend in with everything else we've already seen. And when it comes to these most egregious of movies, I don't think I remember the name of any of them. As it should be with the worst movies ever made.

I don't do modern horror films, but I thought The Blair Witch Project was very effective as it creeped me out. I'd not see anything like it before.

My worst film that I watched and this is going to make the comedy countdown...

UGH! I hated every sappy moment of that.