Real Life Couples Playing A Couple In A Movie?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I was too busy in 1968 to go to the movies, but watching the trailer made me so nostalgic for simple well done romantic films that I'll have to fire it up pretty soon to watch! I loved Dunaway in Chinatown and Three Days of the Condor. She's 3 years older than I, but still a looker!

And Marcello? He was good in anything he appeared..

I hope you're not too underwhelmed
If you want a great romantic film, watch "Sunflower" (same director) and with Marcello Mastroianni and Sophia Loren.

I hope you're not too underwhelmed
If you want a great romantic film, watch "Sunflower" (same director) and with Marcello Mastroianni and Sophia Loren.
I never saw that one! Will have to investigate it, ole buddy.

Have you seen the 4-hr documentary on Marcello? "Mi Recordi".. I spent an entire day translating the subtitles! It's great, though.
Wow 4 hours! No I haven't seen it. What language are the subtitles in?

Not sure if this counts but - Richard Benjamin & Paula Prentiss played a couple on a short lived TV series called He & She (1968) then also both appeared in Catch 22 (1970).

The couple have been married for 61 years (with no previous marriages for either), giving them one of the longest marriages in Hollywood!

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez in Gigli

Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow in Seven

Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar in Scooby-Doo (they're technically not a couple in the movie, but)

Javier Bardem and Penélope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman in Matilda

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt in A Quiet Place

Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan in Ruby Sparks

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut

Not sure if this counts but - Richard Benjamin & Paula Prentiss played a couple on a short lived TV series called He & She (1968) then also both appeared in Catch 22 (1970).

The couple have been married for 61 years (with no previous marriages for either), giving them one of the longest marriages in Hollywood!
I mentioned them earlier in the thread in Saturday the 14th...Prentiss also made a cameo appearance in a film that Benjamin directed called Mrs. Winterbourne

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Wow 4 hours! No I haven't seen it. What language are the subtitles in?

Originally in Portuguese, but I translated it to English.

It took me many hours to do this, but it was worth it. A very in-depth documentary, with a lot of interviews, most of them right before he died, looking back at his life.

I mentioned them earlier in the thread in Saturday the 14th...Prentiss also made a cameo appearance in a film that Benjamin directed called Mrs. Winterbourne
Sorry, Gideon!
Indeed you did!

Anita Ekberg & Anthony Steel in Valerie (1957). Steel went from being one of the top stars of British cinema, to marry Ekberg and attempt to move to Hollywood as a celebrity couple. It was a disaster for his career, and this was the only Hollywood film he ever made in that time. He had a tough time getting work afterwards, particularly in Britain. Conversely, Ekberg's career exploded into fame soon after this, in part contributing to an eventual divorce. I like the film. It's been described as an American western rip-off of Rashomon (1950). For all those interested, check it out.

Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh played Harry & Bess Houdini in Houdini (1953) and played a couple in a few other films.

They also appeared together in The Perfect Furlough and Who was that Lady?

Married couple Eli Wallach and Anne Jackson. I remembered he starred with her in a goofy comedy, The Tiger Makes Out (1967), where he's an off-kilter man who plans on kidnapping a woman to become his personal slave. He ends up snagging Jackson and from what I can remember, she doesn't make things easy on him at all. Like I said, it's a comedy from the 60s.

After remembering that they starred in that together, I went to IMDB and looked and found that they had started acting together even before this movie. They were in films, TV-Movies, shorts, variety shows as guests, TV-dramas, etc. I stopped counting at twelve films and didn't even get to 1981! They also acted in numerous plays together. It must have been true love if they didn't get sick of each other. They stayed married till his death in 2014.

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut

And Far and Away
And Days of Thunder, I think. Haven't seen it so I don't know if they're a proper couple.