I have some really good film ideas

Tools    

I've got more than 30 film ideas and they're all exceeding high art. What does that get me? You might be speaking to a film master or director. I think they should change the title of 'Director'to Film 'Desperator' for the 21st century. 'Intelligence' should be 'Indentency'. I don't know maybe not. Anyway I like my movie ideas. What should I do with them? Go to hollywood? Is it realistic?

It largely depends on whether or not the ideas are actually good, doesn't it? Anecdotally, my experience is that most people are very poor judges as to the quality of their ideas. I run another movie site about M. Night Shyamalan, and a great many people send me emails through it mistakenly believing that I am, in fact, Shyamalan. A stunning number of them say that they have some incredible idea for his next film; enough that they can't all be right. So that's the first thing.

The second thing is that people don't really buy vague ideas: they buy screenplays. So unless you're willing to hire someone to write a screenplay, or hire someone to write screenplays based on your ideas, I don't think you can go to Hollywood and just sell rough ideas.

The third thing is that even if your ideas are genuinely good and you can convert them into decent screenplays, you won't be entering a perfect meritocracy. Talent can go unrecognized and good ideas can be passed over for any number of reasons.

So, in short: no, you probably shouldn't move to Hollywood. But if you want to share some of your ideas here, odds are you'll get a very frank, honest assessment of them from people who watch a lot of movies.

Also, I don't understand your suggestion about changing words. I think "Director" is a perfectly fine word for the profession, and "Indentency" isn't a word at all.

Ditto.

However, a good idea is literally worth a dime a dozen---execution is the thing. If you're brimming with indentency, take one of your ideas and make a short film (4 or 5 minutes) and find out just how easy or hard film making actually is for you.

I'll even clue you in ... if it was difficult: you're on the right track.

Then do another one (10-15 minutes)

If you can make it that far, you'll already be miles ahead of the pack.

A system of cells interlinked
I've got more than 30 film ideas and they're all exceeding high art.
Sorry, I'm not reading any more after this clearly ridiculous claim. My cat left some "high art" on the floor near his litter box this morning.

Say, would YOU like to buy it? It's pretty cheap.

Semper Fooey
I have some swell movie ideas.

An albino lumberjack and part-time mad scientist creates a tree able to sustain a nuclear explosion.

A dumb girl gets hit on the head and thinks she is Marie Currie.

The CIA is downsized during a budget cut and its fired top black ops agent opens a chain of ice cream shops.

On Valentines Day a man goes into a flower shop, but the proprietor is the Grim Reaper and all the flowers in the shop are dead.

A beachcomber finds in the sand what he thinks is a treasure map, but instead it's a torn out page from a 1905 Sear Roebuck catalogue. For some reason the discovery changes his life.

Members of the Kennedy family are mysteriously being killed: Joe Junior, then John, and Bobby. Who has it in for them? Could it be God?

An animated movie about a samurai salami and his arch enemy, the diabolical pickle.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Sorry, I'm not reading any more after this clearly ridiculous claim. My cat left some "high art" on the floor near his litter box this morning.

Say, would YOU like to buy it? It's pretty cheap.
I had a cat that did that. I also had a Shih Tzu that liked "almond roca" if you catch my drift.

I've got more than 30 film ideas and they're all exceeding high art. What does that get me? You might be speaking to a film master or director. I think they should change the title of 'Director'to Film 'Desperator' for the 21st century. 'Intelligence' should be 'Indentency'. I don't know maybe not. Anyway I like my movie ideas. What should I do with them? Go to hollywood? Is it realistic?

There is no formula on how to make it. Just exhaust all possible resources I guess. and if you want it bad enough, don't give up.

Oh noesss! keep ur ideas, or write em down lol

I have this GREAT idea for a film, and I've got half the script written out. Though, I still need to do more research because I think some of the facts may be flawed. It's a film based around the Chicago Rippers.

I have this GREAT idea for a film, and I've got half the script written out. Though, I still need to do more research because I think some of the facts may be flawed. It's a film based around the Chicago Rippers.
I tried to write a script and failed.I think writing a novel is easier than script writing