RIP Chas Balun

Tools    

Oh dear. Another loss just before new year.

Chas Balun, horror film journalist/publishing guru died just before Christmas.
I knew he had cancer, read it about a year back, but had not heard anything since.

There's no one around my age (39) who does not have warm feelings about Balun's mighty tomes ("Deep Red" etc) and the sheer enthusiasm (not always earned) for cult/trash/horror he showed in his articles.

For a certain age group he was the main source for much cult cinema news and views, especially before the days of global DVD releases, easy to get multi-region DVD's and the Internet.

For someone in the UK he was an almost mythical guy who talked with a fan's love for films that had almost no chance of hitting these shores in any legitimate shape or form.

RIP Chas.

I'm depressed...

No replies for Chas Balun, a guy who guided and informed an entire generation of horror fans from his articles in 'Fangoria' and 'Gorezone' to his own essential tomes "Deep Red". "Horror Holocaust", "Deep Red Horror Handbook", "The Gore Score(s)".

I guess he just wasn't Brittany Murphy.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Its always a shame to here of someone passing R.I.P.

Don't be depressed very few have answered yet Street Freak... a lot of the MoFos have been gone due to the holidays and the ones who are popping in seem to be on limited time (ie people are busy right now and are not reading every post).

Having lost numerous family members and friends to cancer, my heart goes out to his family, friends, and fans... I hope I see them find the cure for cancer in my lifetime.

Rest in Peace...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

What a shame! How old was he? Just curious.