My Favorite Music Videos

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
It has to be the performance at the Grammy awards function by Whitney houston - 'one moment in time' Amazing song and the atmosphere at the venue when the song was sung made it absolutely sensational.

I again want to thank everyone who checked out this list because this is now the 2nd list that I've done where every entry has earned at least one rep...thanks again.

"She Bop", Cyndi Lauper

There are several schools of thought as to what it means to "bop", but those arguments aside, this loopy, off-the-wall video is a winner.
Ah! I LOVE her! I am in looovvvee now I need to put myself together. The entire She's So Unusual album totally rocks or pops or bops or whatever. I couldn't believe it. It's hard to find an album like that, that's great continuously start to finish. I mean, I really love her anyway. My fave:

"Under Pressure", Queen & David Bowie

Technically, this isn't a video, but a straight performance of a song that doesn't need a lot of help in terms of video concept.
Maybe a bit of info that I learned last summer or spring watching a Queen documentary. It was in fact the bassist John Deacon who came up with those first notes dumdudmdudmdumdumduuumdum. Messing on his bass guitar or whatever. But then he went away and forgot it! But the drummer Roger Taylor remembered it and ...the rest is history.

"I'm Still Standing", Elton John

This is an instance where I think the video helped the song. One of the dancers in this video is Dancing with the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli.
Ah, the memories...When I first saw this in '83 or '84, we were still living in the centre of the town. It was filmed in Cannes, right? i like that instrumental part when everyone's showing just how French they are.