Ghostbusters II

→ in
Tools    

That's a highly unsettling moment in the film, same with when Oscar is abducted and the heads appear in the subway tunnel.

The slime in some scenes has a blood-like look to it, especially later on. It wouldn't have had the same feel if they'd made it green. The pink color makes it look quite gruesome.

That's a highly unsettling moment in the film, same with when Oscar is abducted and the heads appear in the subway tunnel.

The slime in some scenes has a blood-like look to it, especially later on. It wouldn't have had the same feel if they'd made it green. The pink color makes it look quite gruesome.
It also worked really well for the slime cannons. I can imagine green slime would have looked too thick and opaque – the pink being effectively transparent makes it look like it is ectoplasm and not completely of this world.

In official canon there's green, pink and black slime

Green being ectoplasmic residue, Black being pure evil, and Pink being a derivative of Black.
Black was originally from the Gozer Cult after they captured a Sloar and it began to spew Black Slime as it was so enraged at being captured and tortured its anger became something beyond even pure rage.
Ivo Shandor was able to recreate the Black Slime, but it was Pink in colour and he used it as a weapon and as a way to bring spirits back from the world of the dead.

In official canon there's green, pink and black slime

Green being ectoplasmic residue, Black being pure evil, and Pink being a derivative of Black.
Black was originally from the Gozer Cult after they captured a Sloar and it began to spew Black Slime as it was so enraged at being captured and tortured its anger became something beyond even pure rage.
Ivo Shandor was able to recreate the Black Slime, but it was Pink in colour and he used it as a weapon and as a way to bring spirits back from the world of the dead.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Just realized Valentine's Day 2016 is nearly here, AKA the end of the world according to GB2. Bummer.

I'll see if I make time to watch both films for the occasion.

Welcome to the human race...
It almost makes me wish that they'd made that the release date for the new film.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It almost makes me wish that they'd made that the release date for the new film.
Which would fulfill GB2's prophecy. You cheeky bastard.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Which would fulfill GB2's prophecy. You cheeky bastard.
The way some people on here carry on, you'd think it really was the end of the world.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I agree, too many cartoon elements in the movie was a distraction, however, other than that the movie was good.

I already made that joke.
Excuse me, but I made that joke on Valentine's Day first.

Or actually - I just made it a lot better than you did.