The Sixties vs Animation
45.16%
28 votes
The Sixties
54.84%
34 votes
Animation
62 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Animation list? I smell another top fifty coming, a couple members bitching non-stop that the top of the list isn't filled with "real" animation, and of course lots of grumbling when all 148 movies aren't included.

But...yay!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Whenever the '60s list happens, and the older decades as we continue down that path, I was thinking there should probably be more of a space between the official announcement of the list and the deadline for ballots, as the younger members here especially will have seen fewer and fewer films from these time periods, the further back we go in decades that don't have anime, Spielberg, and Mannequin flicks.

There were four months for the '70s list. Obviously some members are always just going to throw a ballot together immediately or at the last second, no matter how much time you give them, but for the good chunk of MoFos who take the time to diligently expand their cinematic palates and set off on missions to see a lot of movies that are new for them, maybe give more like six months? At least?

Dunno?

What would really cut down on arguments like this is people understanding that a) there are a variety of people and opinions here, and sometimes they differ and b) not everything can happen at once/immediately. Whatever we do next means something else has to wait.

And, you know, just generally not taking this stuff so seriously and just enjoying each in turn.

Animation list? I smell another top fifty coming, a couple members bitching non-stop that the top of the list isn't filled with "real" animation, and of course lots of grumbling when all 148 movies aren't included.

But...yay!
This turns me on.

Whenever the '60s list happens, and the older decades as we continue down that path, I was thinking there should probably be more of a space between the official announcement of the list and the deadline for ballots, as the younger members here especially will have seen fewer and fewer films from these time periods, the further back we go in decades that don't have anime, Spielberg, and Mannequin flicks.

There were four months for the '70s list. Obviously some members are always just going to throw a ballot together immediately or at the last second, no matter how much time you give them, but for the good chunk of MoFos who take the time to diligently expand their cinematic palates and set off on missions to see a lot of movies that are new for them, maybe give more like six months? At least?

Dunno?
True!

That's why an animation list (and maybe some other "smaller lists" in the future) in between the decade lists seems like a good idea to me.

Let the night air cool you off
What would really cut down on arguments like this is people understanding that a) there are a variety of people and opinions here, and sometimes they differ and b) not everything can happen at once/immediately. Whatever we do next means something else has to wait.

And, you know, just generally not taking this stuff so seriously and just enjoying each in turn.
I understand this. I agree with this. I would participate and enjoy almost any project we did. I love things like this. I do understand how some people were under the impression that a 60s list was next and now they are upset. I know nothing official was ever announced, so they can't be entirely upset with "The Man" for choosing animation over the 60s. If we schedule things, everybody can get excited for whatever they like most and not feel snubbed because it's going to be bumped though.

You could split the difference by keeping the ballot period the same, but just letting people know in advance that the 60s list is definitely next, so they'd still have lots of time to get started. Whether or not lots of people would, of course, is harder to say. But if they don't then I don't know if another month or two later would make any difference.

Why don't we just do the animation countdown DURING the long ass time we'll have to watch '60s movies and get our lists together? If there's four months just devoted for that -- two months for people to create an animation list, two months for the dragging animation countdown, then immediately into '60s. OR, give six months for the '60s countdown lists to be collected and do the animation countdown during that time.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Why can't they be announced at the same time and just have one run before the other? That would make sense, kind of how the comics and 70s went.

I would actually go with three or four months. That is enough time for the people who want to watch movies and the people who will throw their lists together will either way.

Why don't we just do the animation countdown DURING the long ass time we'll have to watch '60s movies and get our lists together? If there's four months just devoted for that -- two months for people to create an animation list, two months for the dragging animation countdown, then immediately into '60s. OR, give six months for the '60s countdown lists to be collected and do the animation countdown during that time.
Can't they watch 60's films while the animation countdown is going anyway? You can start watching 60's films right now if you wanted to.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
So many films from the 60's I've seen and still tons to see! I'm voting the 60's!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Dunno?
Absolutely. After a cursory glance at the 60s films I've seen, I'd be struggling to put together 25 films I really like without a significant chunk of time in which to see a lot more from the decade. And I'd be more and more at sea the earlier we go. I need time, people. Stop and smell the roses!