The Sixties vs Animation
45.16%
28 votes
The Sixties
54.84%
34 votes
Animation
62 votes. You may not vote on this poll

We can decide on the parameters of the animation list if it wins this poll by adding another poll - runtimes and percentage of animation in the film and all that.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Also, Yoda told me that if it looks like the sixties are going to win he is going to change the results in the database so that animation wins. So you may as well vote animation, don't force Yoda to have to go down that path.

Let the night air cool you off
If it's for features only, I'd rather do an animation list. I would love a separate list for shorts, but I doubt that's going to happen.

The 60s are a sure thing though. Kubrick, Kurosawa, Godard, Bergman, Leone, Corbucci, Melville.

If my opinion sways people, great, but I won't be overriding the vote with my own choice.

Also, Yoda told me that if it looks like the sixties are going to win he is going to change the results in the database so that animation wins. So you may as well vote animation, don't force Yoda to have to go down that path.
SHHHHH.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Let's do the '60s, then do the stupid animation countdown, then we can finish the rest of the 20th century.

Sexy, maybe you should run the animation countdown. At your rapid-fire pace, it would be finished in a day or two, and we can get on to the 60s countdown.

Sexy, maybe you should run the animation countdown. At your rapid-fire pace, it would be finished in a day or two, and we can get on to the 60s countdown.
Well... that wouldn't be too bad. They'd have to send in their lists to me by tonight, though.

I'm okay with either, even though I'm more excited for an animation list (no shorts!). I'm ready to further explore both animation and 60s.

And it's just what is next, people. We have tons of time to do many different countdowns. I think it would be nice to leave the 60s (after we just had 70s, 80s, 90s) and build up to it, to switch things up a bit with something different. If (when) animation wins we all know that the 60s are next so we'll still be talking about it, watching films for it, etc.

Let's do animation first. That way there's more time to explore the '60s for everyone!

I don't think there should be a 6 month wait for the animation list, though (like the decade lists). 2 or 3 months of exploration should suffice.

I have no interest in this animated countdown. I would rather do a foreign films countdown.

A second foreign films countdown, that is.

Yeah, I don't really follow the logic of some of this. Why is it better to trade being impatient now for being impatient next time? It's the same thought process that wants the entries posted faster: why, so it can be over quicker? Drawing it out is part of the fun. Enjoy it.

I can't believe this poll's open until August 30th. It's the 23rd. Why so much time?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Well... that wouldn't be too bad. They'd have to send in their lists to me by tonight, though.

And I'll bet we don't even have to waste our time watching those pesky animations, do we? We can just watch the trailers and make our list from them.