The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I can't believe I forgot about Universal Soldier! It would have been high on my list!

I think I know who had Bill and Ted --- Teeter G --- she gave me a rep point.

Deadite, was it you that had Dead Alive? I'm surprised that only had one point.
Nope. Believe it or not, I had very few horror movies on my list. Some are debatedly more thriller than horror, although I personally think each defies neat categorization. Only one of those contained any overtly supernatural elements. One of the sci-fis I included also had some strong horror elements too.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

One of the sci-fis I included also had some strong horror elements too.
Event Horizon, I assume.

I think Universal Soldier sums up the 90s quite well.

Fear of technology advancement and genetic experimentation... and mixing it into muscles out action scenes just makes it a lot of fun.
And the execution? Execution is everything and that means Universal Soldier is just another average action movie.

I wanna see if Kurosawa managed to get any movies there. Just watched Rhapsody in August, very memorable and powerful film. His other two 1990's movies are also good enough for a top 100.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I wouldn't of minded if Universal Soldier cracked the top 100.

#100 and #99 were blah. Nobody's talking about them. We've moved on. Harry, give us #98 and #97 today. I hope one of them is one of my movies.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
#100 and #99 were blah. Nobody's talking about them. We've moved on. Harry, give us #98 and #97 today. I hope one of them is one of my movies.
Yeah, crack on with another 2 movies.

I will keep track of the list:

The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties
100. Con Air
99. some foreign film

Ok so I watched The Hole/Dong and I really didn't care for it. Not only did I find it boring, but so many disposable scenes, and nothing that actually wowed. Atleast it starts with some intense anarchy setting but really doesn't hold up. Also pointless musical scenes, that had no relevance what was going on. I'm 1/2 now, might watch Con Air tonight.

Harry, give us #98 and #97 today.
Um, no.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Hole is a fascinating film - it was top 20 on my list. Whilst many Asian directors manage to find beauty in urban scenes, Tsai just embraces the ugly. Also, I like rain ...

Con Air was fun from memory. Haven't watched it recently enough to vote for it.

Surprised Run Lola Run didn't get more votes. Was outside my 25 but was still good and thought it would have been popular.