The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties

→ in
Tools    

Damn. It's really hard to make this list. I narrowed it down to 60 names now, with 12 who are sure to appear.
How do you guys actually make these top 25-lists? Some films are very hard to compare to eachother, in my opinion.
I filled out mostly using the 1990's films from my top 100 favorites. The ordering was pretty much the same as in my top 100 favorites. Them I filled out remembering the other most memorable films I watched from the 1990's.

Though you appear to have watched a greater number of films than I did, so it may be harder to narrow it down.

Damn. It's really hard to make this list. I narrowed it down to 60 names now, with 12 who are sure to appear.
How do you guys actually make these top 25-lists? Some films are very hard to compare to eachother, in my opinion.
Whatever one has the coolest DVD cover.

How do you guys actually make these top 25-lists?
I just go with my gut feeling of which ones I love best, while also factoring in things like originality and, for this list, how well the films represent what I picture when I think of the decade.

Edit: I should add that if I truly love a movie, it'll be found in my DVD collection(http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...s/Year.html#90). So I start by copying and pasting the qualifying movies from my website and then start eliminating and arranging them according to the factors listed above.

I write down the ones I can think of offhand, check years, and then I check some "Best Of" lists to see if I'm forgetting anything (which always happens, as I'm not really used to thinking of movies in terms of specific decades).

Then I put them into rough tiers, and then just do comparisons. I look at one and ask myself whether or not I like it more or less than the ones just above or below it, move it up or down correspondingly, and repeat for awhile. A few minutes later, I've got a pretty decent approximation of my preferences. At that moment in time, at least.

I already have lists of every movie I've ever (remembered having) seen ranked and organized by year-of-release. I put together my top overall 25 from that list and between now and when I submit it I'll go back and look at it periodically, until I feel okay with the ranking.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Doesn't seem to be a lot of Micheal Mann love on the forums but I just want to remind people of his 3 amazing 90's films.

Last of the Mohicans
Heat
The Insider

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was scrolling through my 1001 Films you must see before you die book and sure enough-- The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert

I already have lists of every movie I've ever (remembered having) seen ranked and organized by year-of-release. I put together my top overall 25 from that list and between now and when I submit it I'll go back and look at it periodically, until I feel okay with the ranking.
I also have a list like that (but alphabetically ordered). I'm just having difficulties comparing some movies with eachother. Oh well, I still have some time. I already have my number 1, so that's already something!

I was scrolling through my 1001 Films you must see before you die book and sure enough-- The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert
The authors of that book surely had to fill out 1001 films, so they truly had to use anything available. I watched, I think, only a little over twice that number of films over my life. Usually these greatest movies lists have like 250 movies, so you can keep out anything that's not surely gold.

Anyway, that book has some crappy movies and they left some obvious classics as well.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Overachiever.

I could knock up a list fairly quickly, but I'm hoping to revisit some old favourites, as well as a few I'm unsure of, before the deadline.

Here's my watchlist for this one.

Unforgiven
Dances With Wolves
Malcolm X
Sling Blade
Titanic
Braveheart
The Usual Suspects
The Sixth Sense
Barton Fink
JFK
Dead Man Walking
The Piano
Quiz Show
Jackie Brown
Short Cuts
Shakespeare in Love
The English Patient
Scream
Three Colours: Red
Breaking the Waves
Secrets and Lies
Miller's Crossing
In the Name of the Father
Three Kings
Eyes Wide Shut
The Fisher King
Edward Scissorhands
As Good As It Gets
Princess Mononoke
Out of Sight
A Few Good Men
The People vs. Larry Flint
Slacker
12 Monkeys
Jerry Maguire
The Last of the Mohicans
Pretty Woman
Misery

Showgirls doesn't caught my eye and Satantango is just too long.Short Cuts looks interesting,I used to love comedy and drama mix.

Ok,I made my short watchlist of films I'll deifinitely see: JFK,The Funeral,The Fifth Element,Barton Fink