The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties

→ in
Tools    

I still have to see Red but as of right now I prefer White to Blue and may vote for it. I like the first, but I don't see the meat of the Three Colours sandwich getting much love around here, which is a shame because I think it's very good. Underrated, maybe.
Blue's my favourite of the trilogy, sometimes. My favourite used to be White, and I still adore it, but I just love theres just something about Blue that just does it for me. Red's the most critically acclaimed, and it's an excellent film, but it's probably my 'least' favourite of the trilogy.

Got it on blu ray the other week, excellent transfers, but then, Artificial Eye often have them.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've narrowed my list down to 62. Perhaps by July I'll have narrowed it down to the requisite 25. Although there's every chance I'll have seen more films by then, so maybe that will be easier said than done.

I don't see the problem with regarding a trilogy as separate films. They are separate films, and sometimes one is better than another. The only issue is that it takes up space on your list if you intend to vote for more than one part, I suppose. But splitting didn't harm Lord of the Rings in the Millennium countdown, and at least with it split nobody could say 'it's only number one because you combined the three films'.

I don't see the problem with regarding a trilogy as separate films. They are separate films, and sometimes one is better than another. The only issue is that it takes up space on your list if you intend to vote for more than one part, I suppose. But splitting didn't harm Lord of the Rings in the Millennium countdown, and at least with it split nobody could say 'it's only number one because you combined the three films'.
And that's one of issues I have. I want all Three Colours films to do really well, but there are at least fifty 90's films that can make my top 25, I really want to give every film a chance.

Besides, if we enter them as separate films, they could easily get lost in the shuffle. Some very few will vote for Blue, some for White, a lot for Red. It just makes the chances of any film getting a decent position or even actually making the top 25 rather slim.

I think some trilogies can be viewed as separate entities, but Three Colours is an exception. Each of the three colours represent a colour of the French flag, this is thematically important when looking at all the films as a whole. If you were to split them up individually then it somewhat loses that thematic relevance, I think.

I think i'll have to watch every single 90's film that made it to my Top 100 (though that list would change drastically today) and some more I admire a lot. I'll watch at least one a week until the week before the deadline. Should be exciting.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Although it isn't a rule, I think people should not post their own lists until it's over or very close to over. Just spoils it a bit by giving a preview of what to expect.

Also I don't see why people are in such a rush to post their list already. Are you sure there isn't some hidden gem that you could watch over the next 6 months and wish to include it. You will also have to pester Harry Lime with pm's asking for certain films to be taken off and changed.

So just take your time mofo's, catch up on some you have missed.

Speaking of which could someone post a list of some of the better foreign films that could have been missed by those of us who generally don't stray to far from the mainstream.

Speaking of which could someone post a list of some of the better foreign films that could have been missed by those of us who generally don't stray to far from the mainstream.
I could... but I'm afraid that would give others a clue about my list. Currently, there are 12 foreign films on my list.

I could... but I'm afraid that would give others a clue about my list. Currently, there are 12 foreign films on my list.
Well you could pm me if thats ok.

You will also have to pester Harry Lime with pm's asking for certain films to be taken off and changed.
No. He already said that once lists are submitted they are final and he will not allow ANY changes.

Like I said, all of the movies I've chosen are long time favorites. Many of them I've loved since the date of their release, meaning they've held special places in my heart for a dozen years or more. No new favorite is going to change that.

Great stuff, really looking forward to this. Probably wont submit my list for a while to see if I end up watching any more great films from the 90s, at the moment I have 5 definite films on my list and quite a few others which I think will make it.

No. He already said that once lists are submitted they are final and he will not allow ANY changes.
That's right, no exceptions.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Here's mine took me quite literally minutes to put this together... +Rep away

01 Alien 3
02 Starship Troopers
03 Tremors
04 Die Hard With A Vengeance
05 Se7en
06 The Fifth Element
07 Total Recall
08 Jurassic Park
09 Independence Day
10 Terminator 2: Judgment Day
11 Saving Private Ryan
12 Leon
13 Speed
14 The Big Lebowski
15 Scream
16 Unforgiven
17 Daylight
18 Dumb And Dumber
19 Cliffhanger
20 Point Break
21 Ghost
22 The Silence Of The Lambs
23 The Lion King
24 Flatliners
25 Universal Soldier

Cool.

Here's mine:

1. Flubber
2. Volcano
3. Home Alone 3
4. Chairman of the Board
5. Baby Geniuses
6. Barney's Great Adventure
7. 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain
8. Metro
9. Plump Fiction
10. Cop and a Half
11. Eraser
12. Street Fighter
13. Highlander II
14. Cool as Ice
15. Cyborg 2
16. Batman and Robin
17. Kazaam
18. Speed 2
19. Godzilla
20. Rocky V
21. The Haunting
22. Tomorrow Never Dies
23. Terminal Velocity
24. The Peacemaker
25. Waterworld

Vote for Following and i'll make sure to vote for Darkness
Don't worry Prestiege, Following will be on my list. And I ask for nothing in return

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Cool.

Here's mine:

1. Flubber
2. Volcano
3. Home Alone 3
4. Chairman of the Board
5. Baby Geniuses
8. Metro
9. Plump Fiction
10. Cop and a Half
11. Eraser
12. Street Fighter
13. Highlander II
14. Cool as Ice
15. Cyborg 2
16. Batman and Robin
17. Kazaam
18. Speed 2
19. Godzilla
20. Rocky V
21. The Haunting
22. Tomorrow Never Dies
23. Terminal Velocity
24. The Peacemaker
25. Waterworld

......I like Waterworld

Suspect's Reviews

Cool.

Here's mine:

1. Flubber
2. Volcano
3. Home Alone 3
4. Chairman of the Board
5. Baby Geniuses
8. Metro
9. Plump Fiction
10. Cop and a Half
11. Eraser
12. Street Fighter
13. Highlander II
14. Cool as Ice
15. Cyborg 2
16. Batman and Robin
17. Kazaam
18. Speed 2
19. Godzilla
20. Rocky V
21. The Haunting
22. Tomorrow Never Dies
23. Terminal Velocity
24. The Peacemaker
25. Waterworld
I see what you did there.

Personally I would have had Highlander 2 at no.1.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Waterworld, Eraser and Godzilla are all fine, enjoyable films.

My list (which I've started working on and could send in anywhere from minutes to now to months from now, depending on where my moods take me) is probably going to look similar to Rodent's and Brodinski's. I love too many "bad" movies from the 90's.

Waterworld, Eraser and Godzilla are all fine, enjoyable films.
Much like kiteboarding is a fine, enjoyable experience too... until you crash onto the beach and die.