Vote!
57.14%
12 votes
Indiana Jones
42.86%
9 votes
Darth Vader
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
+Rep to anyone who votes for Vader.... muhahahha

In the Beginning...
You are the wind beneath my wings.

Originally Posted by Lennon
+Rep to anyone who votes for Vader.... muhahahha
Fifty bucks to anyone who votes Indy. I'm not kidding. I have Paypal. Just send me your addy. Brits, this is a good deal for you. What is that, like sixty-three pounds and some change?

You want to post like me?
I'm staying out of this one too. I digg Vader but I'm sure Indy deserves more credit than I would give him, without having watched any of the movies.

This doesn't seem right. I picked Indy out of these two. This contest needs to start again but on a bigger scale with more members voting for who should have the right to compete in the first place.

This doesn't seem right. I picked Indy out of these two. This contest needs to start again but on a bigger scale with more members voting for who should have the right to compete in the first place.
We tried to get nominees, and even had to resort to allowing three nominations instead of two just so we could have 32 characters for the tournament. As well, I'm thinking there isn't too much interest in this as we're only getting roughly 20 votes per battle, which isn't a large percentage of active members.

When this is done we can have a poll to see what style of tournament we want to have next (funniest, strongest, etc.) and I'll leave an option for people to vote if they don't want another tournament. If that total is greater than the the rest, we probably shouldn't put another on. Fair enough?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Some of the earlier battles got plenty of votes, so I think it depends. Maybe 16 instead of 32, even if it kinda messes with the fun March Madness vibe. I'm open to whatever, but I wouldn't abandon it lightly...seems to have sparked some fun, if ridiculous, arguments.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

Fifty bucks to anyone who votes Indy. I'm not kidding. I have Paypal. Just send me your addy. Brits, this is a good deal for you. What is that, like sixty-three pounds and some change?
Yeah wait till AFTER i vote. Bastard.

Toughest, Funniest, Sexiest...any other suggestions? Also we could have a quicker turnaround, say 3 or 4 days instead of a week.

Toughest, Funniest, Sexiest...any other suggestions? Also we could have a quicker turnaround, say 3 or 4 days instead of a week.
I think the best categories would be something like Toughest (because it sparks funny discussions about hypohetical fights), Most Interesting, and Most Original.

And yeah, maybe 4-5 days instead of 7? Not sure of the balance here, but a bit more urgency as to when it closes would probably help. Sounds counter-intuitive at the same time, though, so I'm not sure if, on net, it would result in more votes.

Oh ya, so I guess Indy won. Congratulations Dr. Jones! I was going to have a poll to see if another battle of a different form should be in order, but not really feeling it. If anyone else wants to, by all means go ahead, volunteer yourself. I'll still vote and argue with the rest of them. It's pretty easy, get the nominations, draw the battles out of a hat (keep it random), fill out the microsoft excel tournament template I found with google image search (print screen and paste in editor for a jpeg of the chart that can be posted on the forum).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I still think Ash VS Yoda was the best battle.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
As glad as I am to see Jones win, I can't help but feel like wishing he'd lost just so that I could quote the guy from Last Crusade.