MoFo Battle Royale Directors Edition Round 3: Martin Scorsese vs. The Coen Brothers

Tools    

Vote!
52.63%
10 votes
Martin Scorsese
47.37%
9 votes
The Coen Brothers
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Martin Scorsese

vs.

The Coen Brothers
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Scorsese, because I can finally see his pretty face.

Suspect's Reviews

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Coens.

Welcome to the human race...
Why does Scorsese always get pitted against great directors?

Screw it, I'm voting for him anyway.

Coens, I appreciate their humor and their ability to blend it with dark subject matter.

...uh the post is up there...

The Coens are the most consistently innovative, but Scorsese has some greats in his heyday. This is a tough choice, and I'd have to think about it a while. No verdict from me.

I'm just going to comment on every one of these even though I missed them all yall.

Ugh...do I really have to choose? This is cruel and unusual.
I totally agree, they have completely different styles as directors, Scorsese and the Coen brothers are brilliant directors. If I absolutely had to choose, I'd give an edge to Scorsese, but frankly I don't want to choose between them since they are two of my favorite directors/filmmakers.