Twin Peaks vs The X-Files

Tools    

What TV Series do you prefer, which one is better?

Please Vote on https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/633811

What are your opinions about the two Series?

Personally I like Twin Peaks better as it`s the more unique and groundbreaking TV Series I think, it has great atmosphere and a really special feel to it. It has superb directing (especially the Lynch directed ones) and really nice and artistic looking pictures and cinematography. The X-Files on the other Hand has also some good standout Episodes and interesting story, but overall it`s too inconsistent for me and too much hit and miss.

Has nobody here watched this two TV Series?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I've watched "The X-Files", but I've never seen "Twin Peaks". I liked most of "The X-Files", but some episodes were too horror for my taste.

I've watched "The X-Files", but I've never seen "Twin Peaks". I liked most of "The X-Files", but some episodes were too horror for my taste.
Why haven't you watched Twin Peaks?

They have, they've just discussed them a lot and usually aren't intrigued enough by a simple binary prompt to discuss them again.

Why haven't you watched Twin Peaks?

I don't know. It looks like an interesting show. I guess I just didn't watch it when it was originally on for some unknown reason, (maybe there was something on opposite it that I watched), and then I just never got around to it.

It I can find it on DVD cheap enough, I'll probably give it a try someday.

Welcome to the human race...
Something to consider is that The X-Files vastly outweighs Twin Peaks in terms of quantity (compare 12 seasons and 2 feature films versus 3 seasons and 1 feature film), which is different to other threads picking shows that all had more comparable lengths of roughly 5-8 seasons each. In this context, Twin Peaks practically wins by default since it never ran up enough lesser episodes to undermine its average like The X-Files did (there's a reason that the latter became the trope name for the Chris Carter Effect). Even if that wasn't the case, I'd still pick Peaks.

Didn't x-files sort of start a trend for long running shows? After Mulder left it managed to carry on long enough that I think Mulder even returned to the show. I always thought it should have ended when he left. Still tho, I think he left at season 7? 8? I don't remember. Wow, that was a long time ago. Off topic.

I don't know. It looks like an interesting show. I guess I just didn't watch it when it was originally on for some unknown reason, (maybe there was something on opposite it that I watched), and then I just never got around to it.

It I can find it on DVD cheap enough, I'll probably give it a try someday.
I think you can stream it online somewhere.

Whenever possible, I prefer DVDs over streaming, but that's an option if I can't find the DVDs at the right price.
Why do you prefer DVDs?

A system of cells interlinked
Kind of an odd comparison, really. I would think comparing something like Fringe to The X-Files would be a better comparison, as those shows were much more similar in nature.

That said, I have seen both and I like both shows a whole lot. I would also contend that without Twin Peaks, The X-Files would never have been given the green light. Peaks changed television forever, and The X-Files was clearly heavily influenced by it. I am a pretty big fan of David Lynch, so Twin Peaks gets the edge for me, although the first couple of seasons of The X-Files are excellent, and IMO, must-see TV. Sadly, the show fell off after that, becoming subsumed in its own plot machinations, which eventually sank the show into incoherence and self-parody. I enjoyed the latter seasons of The X-Files for what they were, but the quality never comes close to the initial seasons, or the quality of Twin Peaks' entire run.

Whenever possible, I prefer DVDs over streaming, but that's an option if I can't find the DVDs at the right price.
Why do you prefer DVDs?

I like having the physical media so I can watch whatever I want to watch, whenever I want to watch it. I buy most of my DVDs at garage sales and flea markets, so I usually only pay about $1 - $3 for movie DVDs, and about $5 or less for TV show DVDs.

I like having the physical media so I can watch whatever I want to watch, whenever I want to watch it. I buy most of my DVDs at garage sales and flea markets, so I usually only pay about $1 - $3 for movie DVDs, and about $5 or less for TV show DVDs.
Oh I see, so is it.

I'd go with The X-files neither is really a peak show in my eyes. Twin Peaks meandered and now watching it back is just a so-so program, it's not timeless like say The Twilight Zone or even Lost. X-files is a decent procedural but it's bad seasons outweigh the good ones...I prefer Millennium.

I'd go with The X-files neither is really a peak show in my eyes. Twin Peaks meandered and now watching it back is just a so-so program, it's not timeless like say The Twilight Zone or even Lost. X-files is a decent procedural but it's bad seasons outweigh the good ones...I prefer Millennium.
what are your peak shows?

what are your peak shows?

Currently...

American Horror Story
Billions
The Boys
Cobra Kai
The Crown
Fargo
Handmaid's Tale
Mindhunter
Mr Mercedes
Stranger Things

All-Time

Americans
BSG
Community
Game of Thrones
Hannibal
Justified

Lost
The Office
Sopranos
Twilight Zone

Currently...

American Horror Story
Billions
The Boys
Cobra Kai
The Crown
Fargo
Handmaid's Tale
Mindhunter
Mr Mercedes
Stranger Things

All-Time

Americans
BSG
Community
Game of Thrones
Hannibal
Justified

Lost
The Office
Sopranos
Twilight Zone
I see, i think Twin Peaks is better than any of these shows though.