Should we allow TV Mini-series?
45.45%
10 votes
Yes
54.55%
12 votes
No
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

First off, we need to determine if we will be allowing TV mini-series or not. Vote Yes or No. Poll will last one week.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm not sure why we would allow TV mini series for this when they aren't allowed for other countdowns. But I'm willing to listen to arguments.

I've already voted, but just to clear this up. When you say TV mini series, we are talking about things such as The World At War or The Blue Planet, aren't we?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I've already voted, but just to clear this up. When you say TV mini series, we are talking about things such as The World At War or The Blue Planet, aren't we?
Yea World at War springs to mind.

Yes there were talks in the thread about doc series like Planet Earth and Ken Burns The War and others. That's what this is for.

Also, as per the top 50 vs top 100 discussion, it will be decided on when I get all the votes in. If there is enough lists and it's not so spread out then it will be top 100, if not then top 50.

Planet Earth? Isn't that, like, hundreds or maybe thousands of hours long? Just to see every little spot on Earth.

Seeing how there's not much interest in a Docs countdown, can I suggest that instead of the usual 2 revivals per day, that 4 per day are done, so that the audience doesn't get bored and disappear. I'm worried that if one of these countdowns bomb then the other countdowns won't get done.

4 revials a day would also be easier for you as 100 Docs could be done in 30 days instead of taking 2 months of your time.

Planet Earth is a fantastic documentary and one I'd recommend, but it's a lot of hours (11 for the record. However, it is just one of the Planet series) just to have one entry on the list. That's why I wanted to clear this up. Thanks, HL. I think that's probably the way to go with the 50 vs 100 debate, too.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Seeing how there's not much interest in a Docs countdown, can I suggest that instead of the usual 2 revivals per day, that 4 per day are done, so that the audience doesn't get bored and disappear. I'm worried that if one of these countdowns bomb then the other countdowns won't get done.

4 revials a day would also be easier for you as 100 Docs could be done in 30 days instead of taking 2 months of your time.
I'm not sure where you get the idea that there isn't much interest in a Docs countdown. Your own poll has 28 people who want to join in, with a further 7 who aren't sure. Bearing in mind that a lot of people who turn in lists for these countdowns just turn them in towards the deadline without necessarily participating in preliminary threads or polls to register their interest, I'd say that's easily enough interest to make it viable. People who aren't interested can just... not participate. There's no obligation.

I voted for Fishing with John in the 90s list.

Will definitely vote for it here, I say allow it

I genuinely don't know which way to vote. I do think that wonderful tho The World At War is, it is 22.5 hours long so it could take its time telling the story. Maybe there's room another time for best series.
Could we put a limit on the running time? Four hours maybe?

Glad your taking this on HL. I am really looking forward to it. I will be running a doc HOF very soon so if anyone is interested in a way to see some great docs be sure to join. My vote is in.

I genuinely don't know which way to vote. I do think that wonderful tho The World At War is, it is 22.5 hours long so it could take its time telling the story. Maybe there's room another time for best series.
Could we put a limit on the running time? Four hours maybe?
Why does the time length matter? The Countdown isn't an HOF and most people will vote for what they have already watched, I know I will. You'll get a broader base of participation if TV mini series docs count. But I will participate either way.

Did somebody read my reviews on the comedy hof recently

I'll definitely be sticking to the usual two a day. As for time it's the taking in lists and adding it all up that's the concern - not the actual countdown.