Twin Peaks vs The X-Files

Tools    

What TV Series do you prefer, which one is better?

Please Vote on https://www.misterpoll.com/polls/633811

What are your opinions about the two Series?

Personally I like Twin Peaks better as it`s the more unique and groundbreaking TV Series I think, it has great atmosphere and a really special feel to it. It has superb directing (especially the Lynch directed ones) and really nice and artistic looking pictures and cinematography. The X-Files on the other Hand has also some good standout Episodes and interesting story, but overall it`s too inconsistent for me and too much hit and miss.

Has nobody here watched this two TV Series?

I've watched "The X-Files", but I've never seen "Twin Peaks". I liked most of "The X-Files", but some episodes were too horror for my taste.

I've watched "The X-Files", but I've never seen "Twin Peaks". I liked most of "The X-Files", but some episodes were too horror for my taste.
Why haven't you watched Twin Peaks?

They have, they've just discussed them a lot and usually aren't intrigued enough by a simple binary prompt to discuss them again.

Why haven't you watched Twin Peaks?

I don't know. It looks like an interesting show. I guess I just didn't watch it when it was originally on for some unknown reason, (maybe there was something on opposite it that I watched), and then I just never got around to it.

It I can find it on DVD cheap enough, I'll probably give it a try someday.

Welcome to the human race...
Something to consider is that The X-Files vastly outweighs Twin Peaks in terms of quantity (compare 12 seasons and 2 feature films versus 3 seasons and 1 feature film), which is different to other threads picking shows that all had more comparable lengths of roughly 5-8 seasons each. In this context, Twin Peaks practically wins by default since it never ran up enough lesser episodes to undermine its average like The X-Files did (there's a reason that the latter became the trope name for the Chris Carter Effect). Even if that wasn't the case, I'd still pick Peaks.

Didn't x-files sort of start a trend for long running shows? After Mulder left it managed to carry on long enough that I think Mulder even returned to the show. I always thought it should have ended when he left. Still tho, I think he left at season 7? 8? I don't remember. Wow, that was a long time ago. Off topic.

I don't know. It looks like an interesting show. I guess I just didn't watch it when it was originally on for some unknown reason, (maybe there was something on opposite it that I watched), and then I just never got around to it.

It I can find it on DVD cheap enough, I'll probably give it a try someday.
I think you can stream it online somewhere.

Whenever possible, I prefer DVDs over streaming, but that's an option if I can't find the DVDs at the right price.
Why do you prefer DVDs?

A system of cells interlinked
Kind of an odd comparison, really. I would think comparing something like Fringe to The X-Files would be a better comparison, as those shows were much more similar in nature.

That said, I have seen both and I like both shows a whole lot. I would also contend that without Twin Peaks, The X-Files would never have been given the green light. Peaks changed television forever, and The X-Files was clearly heavily influenced by it. I am a pretty big fan of David Lynch, so Twin Peaks gets the edge for me, although the first couple of seasons of The X-Files are excellent, and IMO, must-see TV. Sadly, the show fell off after that, becoming subsumed in its own plot machinations, which eventually sank the show into incoherence and self-parody. I enjoyed the latter seasons of The X-Files for what they were, but the quality never comes close to the initial seasons, or the quality of Twin Peaks' entire run.

Whenever possible, I prefer DVDs over streaming, but that's an option if I can't find the DVDs at the right price.
Why do you prefer DVDs?

I like having the physical media so I can watch whatever I want to watch, whenever I want to watch it. I buy most of my DVDs at garage sales and flea markets, so I usually only pay about $1 - $3 for movie DVDs, and about $5 or less for TV show DVDs.