"Almost" Update

Tools    

Rock God
what did you say your plans for distribution are again? i'm looking forward to seeing this movie so much, i just don't know how i'm gonna see it yet.

I'm going to try to get legitimate distribution and we'll have perhaps a couple of screenings around here. No matter what, though, we'll sell VHS copies on the website. So, the fkick will be available to anyone who wants it.

Rock God
ok, thanks, ryan

Today wasn't nearly as fun as yesterday. We quit early today. We'd finished all I figured we were going to get through, so that was good. But it took a lot longer to get what we got than one would expect (the actors really don't have their lines down completely, so it takes a lot of time to get a complicated scene completed. It takes a while to get a complicated scene anyway even though we're making complicated less complicated by my piss-poor direction. It's not like we have a lot of movement or camera movement).

This is one of those days when I start to think that we should bail out now before we waste any more time.

C'mon, you're just hitting a down in the emotional rollercoaster than making a movie must consist of. 24 hours ago you were the happiest man alive, eh? The movie is still looking quite good to me. Maybe that heat is getting to you.

Actually, it was cooler (weather-wise) today. Plus, we were inside all day.

The footage looks fine, and I wasn't going to abandon the project or anything. I was trying to say that after a day like today where everyone is listless and obviously unprepared (and I include myself in that one), it makes one want to chunk the whole thing and makes me feel down about the project.

But we're already almost half-way through the script. Might as well go the rest of the way.

About that September 9th date I mentioned before. We're probably not going to make that as Labor Day weekend is going to put a crimp in the revised shooting schedule. We may have to hit another weekend to get those done as people have family obligations. It's just moving stuff around, and it's not a big deal at all. It's just something I don't normall think about since I don't pay attention to holidays.

I think we're going to shoot Saturday, but we'll not shoot Sunday (or if we do, it will be something really short like the shots of Amy Jo leaving the TV station in the long shot).

One thing I think is funny is how my apartment is ending up being so many different locations. So far, my kitchen and bathroom are in Sean's apartment. My dining area is in Desmond's apartment and my living room is in Patrick's apartment. Because we shoot so tight, nobody will really be able to tell that it's all the same place. And if anyone does notice, I'll just say Sean, Patrick and Desmond all live in the same apartment complex (which will work since I've taken out all the "pulling into the driveway" stuff that was in the script but really serves no purpose in the movie).

At any rate, we're about 35 1/2 pages in, and we've got about 41 1/2 pages left to go. No point in stopping now.

(Plus, I think it will be fun for people to spot all the continuity errors. Someone was not keeping as good a track of wardrobe as he should've been. Really that's my job, but it's not one of those things that I remembered to pay enough attention to. And just to be clear on this point. Jeff has been keeping track of his wardrobe, but it was my responsibility, and I muffed it. I'm not complaining about Jeff, I'm complaining about me and my screw-up. The screw up is completely mine).
[Edited by ryanpaige on 08-27-2001]

Also, like I've said before, even if the flick sucks, I'm still glad for the experience of getting it done. So there's no way I'd actually stop shooting this one. I want to have it done from stem to stern. I was just saying that it's easy to get discouraged on a day like today.

Watching the footage, though (which I hadn't done yet when I made the first post) made me feel a little better. It looks better than it felt while we were doing it.

By the way, I took the "behind-the-scenes" snapshots film to the lab tonight. I'll get 'em back tomorrow and scan them in and post them to the FilmDallas.com site. Since it was just Me, Roger Sampson, Jeff Hoferer and John Hogwood, I'll bet there won't be as much interest in the "behind the scenes" photos as there will be next week when Amy Jo shoots some more scenes (and I expect to pick up the rest of the Janet stuff very soon, too. During the week next week, perhaps. It depends on what everybody's schedule looks like).
[Edited by ryanpaige on 08-26-2001]

Or not.

Oh nothing. I'll put up the behind-the-scenes photos tomorrow when I get the pictures back.

I posted the behind-the-scenes photos we have ready. They are there at the FilmDallas website at http://www.filmdallas.com/photos.html

I have to take the photos, so it's hard for me to be in them. Plus, I don't photograph well.

Alright, then. Ya know, I haven't shown anyone online a photo of myself since I was like 11 -- and even then it wasn't a really, really good one (decent maybe, perhaps even good). Maybe I'll post mine...just gotta get one good shot. My face always "shines" too much...I hate that.

My problem is that I'm too fat currently. I've really packed on the pounds recently, so I just don't like the way I look right now. I only very recently started trying to slim down again. Maybe in a few months I'll be down to a respectable weight and will feel better about being photographed (I still won't be thin, but I'm way heavy right now.)

Oh, you're talking to a fellow fattie. Well, not really. Well, sort of. I am overweight, but I don't look all that overweight. Maybe I dress in slimming clothes...but either way, I won't be able to avoid it much longer...which is why I'm gonna start playing racquetball. I wanna run a popular site like Harry Knowles -- I don't wanna look like him, though.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
I wanna run a popular site like Harry Knowles -- I don't wanna look like him, though.
That line made me laugh out loud.

I suspect both of us together don't make one Harry Knowles.

Both of us together doesn't even make one of his chins. I know that's mean-spirited, but I mean it in fun. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but it's just too easy. I ought to watch my mouth, though, as most of my family has problems with weight, and I'll surely be next if I don't start working on it.

Anyway, Kevin Smith is fat, too, so maybe it's a good thing. If anything, I think it makes most people look more trustworthy. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be apologizing to Harry within 6 months...begging him to place a link to MoFo on his site...somewhere...anywhere!

Ywah, I've seen that one before. Thank goodness it's only a cartoon.