"Bits" you wait for in movies...

Tools    

"I can't help it..."
I was talking with some people the other day & we were all talking about our favourite "bits" from movies... You know, you sit there waiting for this one part of a movie, just because... I don't know. Y'know, could be dialogue & just a facial expression that an actor gives... Everyone has a favourite "bit"... Here are mine...

The Blues Brothers:
1) The part with the Nun
2) The part where the lead singer of the real "Good Ol' Boys" says "You gonna look pretty funny tryin' to eat corn on the cob without no f**kin' teeth"
3) After Elwood sprays glue under the gas pedal in the "Good Ol' Boys" van, Elwood says to Jake "This is glue. Strong stuff". The look on Belushi's face is priceless (Even with sunglasses on)

The Little Rascals:
When the kid says "Look! My moms here" & the other kid says "Woopie!"... And the mom is Whoopi Goldberg.

From Dusk Till Dawn:
Dany Trejo saying "Lonely dog, bow your head!"

Chik Yeung Tin Sai (So Close):
1) The facial expression Karen Mok gives Shu Qi after she rips part of her dress, pricless
2) When Zhao Wei is biting her lip in the elevator... very sexy.

I am pressed for time at the moment, so this is all I can come up with, but I will post more...

Now that I've told you mine, tell me yours...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

my favorite bit is in one crazy summer at the end of the boat race where john cusack and the rest of the bunch flip the bird at the rich kids as they go past their sailboat...i love that part

A classic, to me anyway, is In Princess Bride when Indigo says his famous line. "My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my Father, prepare to die"

I love that part.

I also like the Part in Office space when the 2 Bobs are going through their list of people they are canning and come across:
"Notgggahoya....Noggatoka...notggaa...not gonna work here anymore"
So funny.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Originally Posted by 7thson
A classic, to me anyway, is In Princess Bride when Indigo says his famous line. "My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my Father, prepare to die"

I love that part.

I also like the Part in Office space when the 2 Bobs are going through their list of people they are canning and come across:
"Notgggahoya....Noggatoka...notggaa...not gonna work here anymore"
So funny.
Those are good ones. I always use quote from Office Space. ("you took my red stapler." "Okay, that's the last straw" or "HEY Peter.....WHAAAAts Happening??"

I like...In Bruce Almighty, when he realizes he is God and he walks outside and he stretches his arms out and the firehydrant explodes and the song "I got the Power" starts.

In Super Troopers, when the one State Trooper is looking at the billboard sign that says "ooooohhh" and he is masturbating and "clocking" his speed and he is saying "ooooooohhh" while doing it.

I have a lot more, but they would take up so much room

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

A system of cells interlinked
Mulholland Drive: Love Theme

Miller's Crossing
- Danny Boy

Blade Runner
- Batty Soliloquy

12 Monkeys - The moment Raily/Cole juxtapose their views about wheter or not Cole is insane.. and....

When Raily/Cole go to the theater and Vertigo is playing.

I like the part in the first Blade movie when Blade and the girl walk into the night club (right after he throws the bouncer through the window) and the music kicks in, then he begins to kick some ass.
The part in ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO when Johnny Depp asks Danny Treijo if "He's a Mexi-Can or a Mexi-Can't". That part makes the movie for me. That and Salma Hayek.

VANILLA SKY
The scene in the bar, where Tom Cruise is talking to the tech support guy and Tom tells everyone to shut up and they all do and are staring at him.

MERLIN
You know, the miniseries with Sam Neil. The part where he gets excalibur for some reason.

ARMY OF DARKNESS
The part where he finds the Necronominon and forgets the words. And I like his S-Mart spiel when he's yelling at the villiagers in the beginning.

DONNIE DARKO
The smurfs talk and the scene with Frank in the movie theatre.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Benny and Joon - When Sam is swinging in front of Joon's window and when he is teaching her how to make grilled cheese
Sleepy Hollow - Every time Ichabod faints
Kill Bill vol. 1 - When "The Bride" rips out the eyeball
Pulp Fiction - When they do the twist
Cry Baby - The part with the laughing rat

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I like "forget about me, save yourself" moments, gets me laughing everytime.

when im watchin fear and loathing in las vegas I always just wait for those quick little facial expressions and weird sayings of johhny depp's and in once upon a time in mexico when the cab driver tells Depp to look ahead and he replies "I can't see ****mook, I have no eyes"

The 14 Year old Wonder
French Connection: car chase
MAtrix 3: Agent vs. neo
Cant think of many at the moment

"I can't help it..."
I thought of some more:

Almost Famous
When Noar Taylor's character does his "kung-fu" to the promoter who's microphone almost killed the bands guitarist

Joe Dirt
"I got the poo on me!"

Boogie Nights
1) When Don Cheadle's character is dressed as cowboy & he picks up a coffee mug... Makes me laugh every time.
2) When Luis Guzman's character talks to Julianne Moore about he is the "original latin lover"... Once again; makes me laugh everytime.

Once again... Will think of more.

One from Almost Famous, when they all sing Tiny Dancer in the tour bus. *sniff* God I love that song.

Taxi Driver - "You talkin' to me" speech.

Pulp Fiction - "Any of you F***in' P***** move!" scream.

Rush Hour - "Do you speaka in a English?" questions.

LOTR: The Return of the King - Ride of the Rohiran.

Matrix Reloaded - Burley Brawl and Car chase.

Star Wars: Episode II - When Yoda kicks ass!

Star Wars: Episode V - Luke, I am your ****** (Just in case you haven't seen it yet).

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by Parky
Star Wars: Episode V - Luke, I am your ****** (Just in case you haven't seen it yet).
Mother? Anyway...
Empire Strikes Back - When we see the Star Destroyers grouped around the super star destroyer at the beginning.
Attack of the Clones - Seeing the credits so I know it's over.
Return of the Jedi - Luke losing it with vader and lashes out.
The Matrix - The fight between Smith and Morpheous.
Shawshank Redemption - When the two friends are reunited right at the end

ive always loved the sequence from trainspotting were renton is going cold turkey off of the heroine and starts hallucinating the baby etc etc

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
I love when they are playing tennis, the ball hits Steve Martin on the head, now that makes me laugh.

In the Beginning...
Unbreakable: The train station sequence, and the subsequent "heroic deed" sequence. Two very amazing scenes.

Amistad: John Quincy Adams' speech to the U.S. Supreme Court (delivered by the indispensible Sir Anthony Hopkins). Moving stuff, no matter who you are.

From Dusk Till Dawn - Cheech Marin's pu**y speech.

Ghostbusters - Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in N.Y. sequence.

Ferris Beuller's Day Off - Ferris peforming Danke Schoen.

Bruce Almighty - The "How many fingers am I holding up?" scene.