Coronavirus

Tools    

Just got my first dose. Moderna. Second scheduled for May 11th.
Awesome! 4/22 for me.
My wife got her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week. She experienced fatigue, aches and pains (and not just in her arm), a slight fever and swollen lymph nodes for a couple of days. Just a heads-up.

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but I think it's recommended to quarantine for a couple of weeks after getting your second dose.

Yeah, I've heard I should prepare to feel pretty bad for a day or two, particularly for the second one. Small price to pay of course, but I'll just assume the worst, assume I'll be useless for two days, and be pleasantly surprised if I'm not.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Awesome! 4/22 for me.
My wife got her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine last week. She experienced fatigue, aches and pains (and not just in her arm), a slight fever and swollen lymph nodes for a couple of days. Just a heads-up.

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but I think it's recommended to quarantine for a couple of weeks after getting your second dose.
We haven't heard quarantining after second dose. We *have* heard that we aren't fully dosed till about two weeks after the second dose. But none of the folks I know who've gotten both were told to quarantine. They were simply told not to act like they were protected for another two weeks or so.

Yeah, I've heard I should prepare to feel pretty bad for a day or two, particularly for the second one. Small price to pay of course, but I'll just assume the worst, assume I'll be useless for two days, and be pleasantly surprised if I'm not.
My second dose is this Friday and I'm trying to front-load as much work as possible so I can lay low this weekend.

Rumor has it you should drink lots of water the day before the shot and after the shot - supposedly this minimizes any negative side effects such as headaches, injection site pain, body aches, feeling tired or ill, etc.

Rumor has it you should drink lots of water the day before the shot and after the shot - supposedly this minimizes any negative side effects such as headaches, injection site pain, body aches, feeling tired or ill, etc.
Oh good. I already drink the usual 8+ glasses of water per day so maybe that'll help.

My dad (age 82) recently got both doses and had no side effects from either one! Of course, he lived for 10 years in the Las Vegas area, so he got used to drinking a lot of water then. Maybe that helped!

You ready? You look ready.
Yeah, more water helps just about everything. Too bad they don't say drink more Coke, though.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Hubby and I have appointments to get the Moderna vaccine tomorrow. I've been drinking water all day, so hopefully the side effects won't be too bad. (I hate plain water. )

Thankfully I already drink a lot of water. But yeah, it's been almost a day and I'm a bit thirstier than usual, the arm's a bit sore, and I feel kinda sick. Not actually sick, not nauseated, just kinda light-headed, kinda weak, exactly like my body is mostly successfully fighting off a small flu.

Awesome! 4/22 for me.
I felt nothing with my pfizer shots. Just a slightly sore arm after the second dose, which was no more than the soreness from my annual flu shot.

We haven't heard quarantining after second dose. We *have* heard that we aren't fully dosed till about two weeks after the second dose. But none of the folks I know who've gotten both were told to quarantine. They were simply told not to act like they were protected for another two weeks or so.
Exactly. No need to quarantine. Tomorrow is 2 weeks after my 2nd dose so glad to be done now.

Very humbling to know I was spared from the coronavirus. Why me? Why was I so lucky when thousands & thousands of people around the world have died?

Really makes one wonder.

So confusing here now in Connecticut with regard to masks. Two priests at mass yesterday. Our regular guy with a mask. Some random priest who boasted he hadn’t worn a mask when he went shopping yesterday morning & who didn’t wear a mask during mass. Talk about mixed signals.

Family Dollar & DNKN required masks today, but the franchise owner of a local Shell station didn’t wear a mask & told me I didn’t need to.

I am going to wear a mask at least to the end of this year. I have no intention of going into a store without a mask where there are un-vaccinated people who are mask-less.

Why did Connecticut rush this decision? What is the bloody rush?

There's been a lot of confusion about this. The CDC's been a bit behind the science until that announcement recently, about how vaccinated people can live normally again. The literature has suggested that for awhile, but it's the nature of the medical profession in all its forms to be overly cautious like that. This was a bit much even for that, but at least it's where it needs to be now.

But yeah, local policy (to say nothing of local custom or individuals) is gonna be confused for awhile.

Anyway, the wife and I both got our second shots last week and we're basically through the post-vaccination symptoms. Huge relief. We'll still where really light masks when we, say, go grocery shopping, in part because it'll put others at ease since they don't know whether the people around them have been vaccinated, but I suspect as the number of vaccinated people rises it'll become more and more common not to do even that.

⬆️ I can’t even imagine at this point not wearing a mask inside.

Forgot to mention that the church is removing the “bindings” from the front pews so that we can sit in the front rows if we want to. I couldn’t concentrate yesterday since I was so focused on the maskless priest.

Well, it's a good time to start selling cleaning products haha

Dunkin still requires masks. But, today, a guy on line stood behind me very close & without a mask. Strangely enough, he had a stethoscope around his neck. Bizarre.

I'm seeing more people without masks and I don't mind. I assume they're overwhelmingly vaccinated (at least one dose). I'm wearing my mask still just so people don't have to worry, but if someone's vaccinated I've got no issue with it. That's the whole idea, after all.