1 pesky sciuridae, 504 leaps, an unknown number of fillums

Tools    

I hated that so much that I want to see it again.
I can understand it being a bit of a 'marmite' film so wouldn't be overly surprised if you hated it again tbh.

30th January:
34. A Hijacking [Kapringen] (Tobias Lindholm - 2012, dvd)
+
Slow moving (but never boring imo) Danish drama about the hijacking of a seagoing vessel by Somalians and the subsequent protracted negotiations.

How was the score? My girl Hildur did it!
I actually nearly mentioned that but was pretty sure you'd already know that. It was nicely suitable I thought.

31st January:
35, The French Connection (William Friedkin - 1971, tv)

Still a great crime flick that is always enjoyable imo.

7th February:
36. Dasepo Naughty Girls [Dasepo sonyo] (Je-yong Lee - 2006, dvd)

Mixture of absurdity and base sexual humour with a small number of musical numbers and an element of Korean mythology/folklore that contains a few moments to bring a smile and is likely full of social commentary in it's country of origin but is neither quite absurd enough, amusing enough nor coherent enough to be much more than a curio this side of the cultural divide.

37. Wrong Turn At Tahoe (Franck Khalfoun - 2009, tv)

Crime drama that sounds decent on paper but suffers from getting more and more contrived as it goes on.

11th February:
38. Starship Troopers (Paul Verhoeven - 1997, tv)
+
Sci-fi action piece that is enjoyable enough as a piece of fluff irrespective of it's rather less than subtle symbolism.

Master of My Domain
Park just has a knack of putting a smile on my face
I can relate to that. Whenever I see the perfectly framed, lighted, and shot scenes in Park's films it brings me automatic joy. Hell yeah dis is good!

Btw, glad you liked Once Upon a Time in America.

14th February:
39: The East (Zal Batmanglij - 2013, tv)

Drama/thriller concerning eco-anarchists that is watchable but simply didn't convince for me personally with the lead character not being particularly believable and a little too much fortuitous happenstance involved in helping the plot along for my liking.

17th February:
40. Feast II: Sloppy Seconds (John Gulager - 2008, dvd)

First twenty minutes or so are dreadful imo, thankfully things do improve and at times it is both genuinely amusing and entertainingly absurd though it does occasionally lapse back into just being a mess before ending abruptly.

How would Feast II compare to the first? I liked the first, but not enough to see more unless it's an improvement.
I actually rated both the same (an ok watch but nothing to write home about) but the first is the better film. The start to the sequel really didn't help endear it to me, once it became more cohesive I'd say it had it's moments where it was pretty much on a par with the first but there is no way the film could be regarded as an improvement imo. The original would probably hold up better on rewatch too. Feast II was borderline on getting
+ from me and I honestly can't say the prospect of watching III at some point fills me with anticipation lol.

I actually rated both the same (an ok watch but nothing to write home about) but the first is the better film. The start to the sequel really didn't help endear it to me, once it became more cohesive I'd say it had it's moments where it was pretty much on a par with the first but there is no way the film could be regarded as an improvement imo. The original would probably hold up better on rewatch too. Feast II was borderline on getting
+ from me and I honestly can't say the prospect of watching III at some point fills me with anticipation lol.
Thanks, I'll pass!

18th February:
41. Mother's Day (Darren Lynn Bousman - 2010, dvd)
+
Home invasion outing that employs a number of clichés and some requisite poor decision-making from the 'victims' to help move the plot along before somewhat redeeming itself on those fronts in the final third though the soundtrack then tends to become both invasive and irritating for a sizeable part of it.

5th March:
42. Evil Dead (Fede Alvarez - 2013, tv)

Why on Earth would anyone want to produce a remake that for the most part loses what made the original a cult film? A prime example of why remakes all too often shouldn't even make the shelf in the first place let along somehow get off of it.

I think the fact that it was produced by those made famous by the original gives you an even greater insight as to why they do.
I'm completely devoid of insights though - thought everyone knew that

6th March:
43: ATM (David Brooks - 2012, tv)

Ludicrous horror movie that should have been played as a spoof as it's the only way anyone could take it seriously.

44. One Armed Swordsman [Du bei dao] (Cheh Chang - 1967, tv)
+
Enjoyable enough MA romp.

A lot of people like The Evil Dead remake but I hated it, even more than the terrible ATM.

I actually liked Mother's Day quite a bit; I found it to be upsetting.