I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

Blade Runner (1982) - sweet film. Seriously awesome and another mind blower. A very good watch and definitely worth a rewatch. Great effects, cool gore and amazing story and ending. However it does get a little slow at times.
My Rating: 8/10

I'm enjoying this so far.

Is there a way to hide text like a spoiler? So that my original post isn't just going to be a long list?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Is there a way to hide text like a spoiler? So that my original post isn't just going to be a long list?
It's the exclamation mark next to youtube in advanced view, or just type spoiler in each of the [][/] brackets

It's the exclamation mark next to youtube in advanced view, or just type spoiler in each of the [][/] brackets
Thank you. Although unfortunately it just creates a sort of box the size of the text field instead of creating a button that expands the text field. I guess I'll just have to make a long list.

9th January 2014

Sin City (2005) - this film is incredible. I've been missing out by not watching this. I saw it on Netflix and decided to watch it knowing that it's probably going to be worth the watch. It's more than just worth a watch. It's worth multiple rewatches. The film style is beautiful and correct me if im wrong but it has a film noir style? I love the idea that only some things had colour. The film is very artistic and the cinematographer of this film is a genius. I hope the next one will be as good. Yes, it's unrealistic but it's not trying to be realistic. If you haven't seen it then please, just watch it.
My Rating: 10/10

A system of cells interlinked
So far, so good for me on this challenge, as well! I managed two on a few days since JAN 1, too!

9th January 2014

Sin City (2005) - this film is incredible. I've been missing out by not watching this. I saw it on Netflix and decided to watch it knowing that it's probably going to be worth the watch. It's more than just worth a watch. It's worth multiple rewatches. The film style is beautiful and correct me if im wrong but it has a film noir style? I love the idea that only some things had colour. The film is very artistic and the cinematographer of this film is a genius. I hope the next one will be as good. Yes, it's unrealistic but it's not trying to be realistic. If you haven't seen it then please, just watch it.
Yup, a stunning movie.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Big Ass Spider
A fun monster film, with half decent effects, boobs, comedy, and a Big Ass Spider! A lot better than Sharknado.
I watched this last night and saw no breasts. Or do you mean the women playing volleyball in their bikinis during the park scenes?

10th January 2014

Ratcatcher (1999) - a good movie which I found much better than her second movie (Morvern Caller) which I disliked a lot. I had to watch both of these in film studies but I watched Morvern Caller in December and Ratchater today. It has a decent story and is very gritty and real. I also liked the main characters a lot which allowed me to enjoy the movie a lot more. The movie is slow however and never really gets exciting but that's OK because the films keeps you watching purely due to interest in what you're going to see next in the narrative.
My Rating: 6.5/10

9th January 2014

I love Sin City, like you say it's unrealistic as it doesn't try to be anything else, it feels like a comic book brought to life and it's done perfectly, some of the best visuals/cinematography I've seen.

I love Sin City, like you say it's unrealistic as it doesn't try to be anything else, it feels like a comic book brought to life and it's done perfectly, some of the best visuals/cinematography I've seen.
Yeah, exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

11th January 2014

The Cabin in The Woods (2012) - so for a long time I thought this film was just going to be some sort of conventional horror set in the woods where everyone dies apart from our protagonist girl. I'm not going to spoil for it for anyone but this film is very different to the norm. Yes, many of our conventional characters die in conventional ways but it states this at the end of the movie in a very original way. This film is actually very good and also is very interesting. Oh, it's gory and funny too.
My Rating: 7.5/10

12th January 2014

Dredd (2012) - a great movie with awesome effects and lots of gore. Dredd is definitely worth the watch. It has some great one liners and an awesome plot set in the future where the crime rate is at an all time high. If you haven't seen this film I would recommend that you see it as soon as you can.
My Rating: 8/10

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - this is the first time I've actually watched this film in its entirety. However, I did watch parts of this film a long time ago when I didn't really follow the story or the things that were happening. However, I remembered most of the ending and as I was watching the film some of it came back to me. It's a very good film, an amazing film infact. I'm sure I don't need to say much more because most of you have probably seen it already.