I am going to watch at least one film everyday for a year...

Tools    

I am going to try something that I have wanted to try before. The new year starts tomorrow and with me being a film student at college and hopefully starting a film course in September at university I want to set myself a challenge to watch at least one film every single day that I haven't seen before until 1st January 2015.

I will use this thread to track my progress and to talk about the films I have watched. If you want to suggest a film for me to watch then please, feel free to do so. Thank You!

I will be listing every film I have watched that day including films that I have watched before. I will also be stating the amount of minutes the film runs for so I can add it all up at the end of the year.

December

1st December - Ben X (93 mins) & Primer (77 mins)
2nd December - The Imitation Game (114 mins) & Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla (85 mins)
3rd December - Hidden (117 mins) & Elephant (81 mins)
4th December - Repulsion (105 mins)
5th December - Point Break (122 mins) & Flipped (90 mins)
6th December - Hope Springs (100 mins)
7th December - Carnage (80 mins)
8th December - It's a Wonderful Life (130 mins)
9th December - Win Win (106 mins) & 2001: A Space Odyssey (142 mins)
10th December - Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1974 (102 mins), Christmas with The Kranks (99 mins) & How the Grinch Stole Christmas (99 mins)
11th December - The Keep (96 mins)
12th December - American Beauty (122 mins) & A Christmas Story (94 mins)
13th December - Rebel Without a Cause (111 mins)
14th December - Arthur Christmas (97 mins)
15th December - The Wind Rises (126 mins)
16th December - A Scanner Darkly (100 mins)
17th December - The Ice Harvest (92 mins)
18th December - Christmas Evil (100 mins)
19th December - Kiki's Delivery Service (103 mins)
20th December - Kramer Vs. Kramer (105 mins)
21st December - Howl's Moving Castle (119 mins) & Love Actually (130 mins)
22nd December - A Merry Friggin' Christmas (88 mins)

Current Total: 494 Films = 51722 mins approx.
Most in a single day: 16th November - 667 mins

Archives

June 2014
October 2014
November 2014
Attached Files
File Type: doc January 2014.doc (30.0 KB, 415 views)
File Type: doc February 2014.doc (32.0 KB, 365 views)
File Type: doc march 2014.doc (22.5 KB, 336 views)
File Type: doc April 2014.doc (29.5 KB, 360 views)
File Type: doc may 2014.doc (30.0 KB, 349 views)

1st January 2014

Face/Off (1997) - a great concept with two great actors playing lead roles. It was strange to see Nicolas Cage as a villain as I can't remember the last time I have seen him as a villain. John Travolta played his role well too. I found the mirror scene when they are both looking into the mirror with their guns drawn quite interesting and it is probably one of the most memorable scenes within the movie from my perspective.
My Rating: 7/10

Olympus Has Fallen (2013) - a great movie which I think is underrated where IMDb is concerned. It was nice to see both Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman in this film with them both being great actors. The story was pretty interesting and the movie was pretty much action packed throughout and wasn't over the top.
My Rating: 7.5/10

The Last Stand (2013) - an enjoyable movie. Acting is good for the most part but sometimes can be cheesy. The film is funny at times, especially when Johnny Knoxville is on screen. However it's not very realistic and it's not something I would want to watch twice. The movie would hardly be bearable without Arnold Schwarzenegger being in it.
My Rating: 6/10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I wish I was able to watch at least one every day. Studying sometimes makes me watch only one or two movies a week, but then during holidays I watch much more so it's still almost like one film every day.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I will use this thread to track my progress and to talk about the films I have watched. If you want to suggest a film for me to watch then please, feel free to do so. Thank You!
Watch the movies in my top 200 that you haven't watched already. The link is on my signature. I recommend the ones ranked higher over the ones ranked lower (I guess you might already deduce that).

Good luck buddy. I know I could never do this...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Good Luck with your challenge. I look forward to hearing about the movies you have seen.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Good luck with the challenge bud. My goal for the year is to watch at least 5 per week.

Thanks for the support guys!

I just finished watching another movie that I haven't seen before. I'll add it to the list.

Here is my short review.

The Last Stand (2013) - An enjoyable movie. Acting is good for the most part but sometimes can be cheesy. The film is funny at times, especially when Johnny Knoxville is on screen. However it's not very realistic and it's not something I would want to watch twice. The movie would hardly be bearable without Arnold Schwarzenegger being in it.
My Rating: 5.5/10

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hi there fellow cinema aficianado! Welcome to the forums.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Wow. That is a really ambitious resolution! I would love to do this, but my 4 hour round trip, daily commute usually means that I just want to veg out when I get home. Good luck with this!

Face/Off was always an incredibly fun movie for me. I haven't seen Olympus Has Fallen or The Last Stand yet, though.

Thank you! The Last Stand probably isn't worth your time if you're limited to it. Olympus Has Fallen is great though. If you have Netflix you can watch it on there.

2nd January 2014

Starsky & Hutch (2004) - funny at times with some of my favorite comedy actors Starsky and Hutch is an OK film with an over the top, unrealistic, unoriginal storyline about two police officers having to bond with each other as partners for the first time. They have to bust a cocaine deal but run into many problems along the way. I thought the film was silly at times but was overall ok.
My rating: 4.5/10

How I Spent My Summer Vacation (2012) - a somewhat strange movie but actually fairly interesting. It was hard to follow at times but I think it's probably worth a second watch to help understand it a little better. The acting was great and the ending was pretty good too. It was unrealistic at times but overall was actually a good movie.
My Rating: 6/10

Super Troopers (2001) - this film has gotten a lot of great reviews on IMDb. Some people have said this is the funniest film they have ever seen. Am I missing something? I only finished watching this film so that I could give it this review. It had a few lines that I found funny but overall this film for me wasn't worth the watch at all. Please, if you liked this film can you explain it to me?
My Rating: 2/10

Finished here. It's been fun.
What movie do you think I should watch next? If you know it's on Netflix that would help a lot too!
You should watch Raging Bull,The Pianist,Pulp Fiction,Apocalypse Now,and Zodiac. All of those films are on Netflix at the moment, there are many other really good ones but these are the ones that come to mind atm.

You should watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Stalker, Maltese Falcon, The Thing, Oldboy, Last Year at Marienbad, The Seventh Seal... the list goes on.

PS: I just finished watching Maltese Falcon and thus added it to the list above, because I really liked it. It's a small sneak peak of my future Movie Tab II post.

PS: I just finished watching Maltese Falcon and thus added it to the list above, because I really liked it. It's a small sneak peak of my future Movie Tab II post.
Mr Minio enjoying classic noir with Humphrey Bogart? I like the sound of this!

Mind you it's not the first time. Not the first time I liked noir with Bogart even. In a Lonely Place was pretty nice too.