Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

Just wondering if they remade indy 4 what would everyone suggest it be about, if choosing to do some major artifact that was significant in history which would you choose. I mean Temple of Doom wasnt about a major artifact but more of a cult. I think it would be stale if they did another cult story though.

If I had been in charge of Indy 4, Atlantis would've come to mind for the plot.

Either something to do with an ancient artifact in the pyramids.

Or...

Kongō... Japanese mountain god Kōya-no-Myōjin had a trident shaped staff that grants absolute wisom, insight and knowledge to anyone who possesses it.
Would you have the Japanese after him/artifact as the Japanese were mostly WWII as were the Nazis, you would still have to explain indy's age. If you decide to keep the russians (cold war era) why would they be after it? Who would be a big enough russian figure to steal this like the Nazi's were doing for hitler.

You could still have the Japanese after Kongō in a fantasy history thing... I mean, the Germans in WWII didn't really find the Ark and open it, so you could have a fantasy history where the Japanese were after the Trident so they could regain power after losing in WWII... it would be Indy vs Japan in the 1950s to explain Indy's age too.

I like the idea of Indy in Japan during WWII. Would've made for an interesting installment of the series for sure.

I just thought of another storyline I think would've been good for the fourth movie, Indy finding the lost city of Atlantis. I think that would've been awesome and visually could've been incredible since Atlantis is something the set designers could've done on a great visual scale.

Believe it or not, I have never seen an Indiana Jones movie. I know, I know, but what is more blasphemous is that I have not ever seen a Star Wars movie either. I know the characters, just never seen a Star Wars movie. Forgive me for I have sinned.

Raiders one of the best action film ever
Last Crusade Fantastic movie with Sean Connery thta gives it the edge over temple of doom
Temple of Doom really entertaining movie there is some flaws, but still excellant
Kingdom piece of crap

Believe it or not, I have never seen an Indiana Jones movie. I know, I know, but what is more blasphemous is that I have not ever seen a Star Wars movie either. I know the characters, just never seen a Star Wars movie. Forgive me for I have sinned.

Definitely give them all a look at some point. Awesome series to get into for the first time.

I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time last night. And I don't know what to think about it right now, because I was tired as hell, and I was half asleep for like 80% of the movie. I remember pretty much every scene and everything, but I probably would've enjoyed it more if I watched it during the day.

On the subject of new adventures for Indy, I always felt the Bermuda Triangle could've been a very cool storyline for one of the next movies. Maybe it could even tie in somehow to Atlantis, would be cool to intertwine them.

Off-topic, but I noticed before it said someone named ichief replied to this thread last time and yet I don't see it, is it a board bug?

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
The Last Crusade - Just tips out Raiders with the performance of charismatic Mr Connery as Indy's father. If truth be told I thought Sean Connery stole the movie from under Harrison Ford's feet.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Where it all began.

Temple Of Doom - A suitable bridging movie.

Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - Do we have to acknowledge this movie as part of the Indy franchise? Seriously?

Jury. Executioner. Judge.
Temple of Doom
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade

The last installment doesn't exist in my mind, haha.

Raiders of the Lost Ark = 10/10

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade = 8/10

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom = 7/10

Crystal Skull = 2/10

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Temple of Doom
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade

The last installment doesn't exist in my mind, haha.
You thought as much of Crystal as I did.

A system of cells interlinked
Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Love these flicks!

The temple of Doom is my fav, i couldn't even comment on the others, growing up it was all about the "doom" just classic

Just will add i was all prepared to hate "kingdom" but didnt think it was so bad