Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

Stuck in the middle with you.
Oh c'mon you at least expected the guy to fight back before they offed him. It seems as if they were tired of dragging the movie along so they just decided to kill everybody off.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
and BTW- In no way is The Godfather overrated, c'mon it's the best movie of all time IMO
Thank you for proving my point.

Suspect's Reviews

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Oh c'mon you at least expected the guy to fight back before they offed him. It seems as if they were tired of dragging the movie along so they just decided to kill everybody off.
are you talking about No Country for Old Men? Are you saying the Coen Brothers got tired of dragging the movie along?

are you talking about No Country for Old Men? Are you saying the Coen Brothers got tired of dragging the movie along?
That's my view to it.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Finding Nemo- decent but not great as people seem to indicate
SACRELIGE!
Don't know if I spelt it right, but GOD!
Finding Nemo was brilliant.

SACRELIGE!
Don't know if I spelt it right, but GOD!
Finding Nemo was brilliant.
Compared to The Incredibles? Which had better, more rounded, interesting characters and story... maybe not visuals though. But still, why is it so good? Average feel-good package family film with good visuals but not much depth.

Taxi Driver

Yep, I said it. I have said how I hate this film before, and yes I have been lambasted for it.

First of all - it is an amazing film.

De Niro gives the peformance of his life.

The rest is just a farce.

Those are my 2 cents.

Taxi Driver preys on people, I hate the movie. Makes me Sick.

This is just my personal thougts, please do not hold me responsible.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Compared to The Incredibles? Which had better, more rounded, interesting characters and story... maybe not visuals though. But still, why is it so good? Average feel-good package family film with good visuals but not much depth.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed The Incredibles as well, but I think living in Australia, Finding Nemo hits closer to home.
I love the story idea (a man travelling far & wide to search for his son) & it's just.. it's just wow.

Forest Gump:
The little saccharine move that could. This movie is so suggary sweet and how it ever won best picture is beyond me(Quiz Show, Pulp Fiction, and even Shawshank were better films.). It's just a big piece of cinematic fluff with a dash of nostalgia and somehow it wins best picture. This is one of the many reasons why the academy is not infallible.

The Shawshank Redemption:
A good film, sure. A great film, no way. To me it feels like a buddy film in prison and the characters never really strike out at you like they should. Also the way it ends is far too sugary and really not realistic at all. We get it,he doesn't deserve prison. I feel it would be better if they manifested his injustice into a tale of a man forever spurned by the justice system.

Casablanca:
A very enjoyable movie, But not as good as many tout it to be. While Bogart delivers his lines well his performance is very stiff and Henreid 's performance as Lazlo is mechanical and uninspired. The scene's are laid out well and I'll give it that, But I don't feel it's the great movie everyone claims it is and I'll go one step further and say it isn't even Bogart's best movie(his performance in Sierra Madre is miles ahead of this.)

Every Tarantino Film:
The man cribs so much material from older films(Pulp films, B Films, Hong Kong Productions,etc.) that it can be sickening at times and the way newer movie fans eat it up like it's so original kills me. Sure Pulp Fiction is good, But Tarantino is mostly a scene stealing hack.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Even when I agree with people, I feel like taking a shower. Can't we kill these threads? Isn't that part of free speech? The freedom to kill speech? HA!

The Shawshank Redemption:
A good film, sure. A great film, no way. To me it feels like a buddy film in prison and the characters never really strike out at you like they should. Also the way it ends is far too sugary and really not realistic at all. We get it,he doesn't deserve prison. I feel it would be better if they manifested his injustice into a tale of a man forever spurned by the justice system.

Every Tarantino Film:
The man cribs so much material from older films(Pulp films, B Films, Hong Kong Productions,etc.) that it can be sickening at times and the way newer movie fans eat it up like it's so original kills me. Sure Pulp Fiction is good, But Tarantino is mostly a scene stealing hack.
i have a feeling that I'm not going to like you.

Do people rate The Fountain that highly, in general, though? I mean, I love the film, and it means a great deal to me, but I have a personal connection with it that might make me biased. Still, I have seen mostly tepid response to this one, aside from the few people on these boards that are over the moon, like myself.

My earlier posts in this thread really make me wonder if I should stay away from the internet when I am stressed at work...

Sorry TUS!
I had pretty much everyone I know tell me I had to rent it and how fabulous it was. I didn't get it. But that's a small group so I may be mistaken.

A system of cells interlinked
I tend to agree it's a fabulous film, but I can see why some folks wouldn't dig it.

How can you say Scarface and Braveheart are over rated? Both of them are excellent movies and are always talked about as the best in their genre "By most people" I think the most boring and over rated movie of all time is "Terms of Endearment" This movie was so boring and so drawn out that Jack Nichalson driving a car with his feet looked so exciting and dangerous they gave him an academy award for it.

They got it all wrong it was that the rest of the movie sucked so bad that it made that scene look a million times better than it really was...

Has anyone said The Departed yet? Oh my god, I don't care if i'm the only one who thinks this, but it was BOOORING. Throw together an all star cast, a legendary director and a huge budget and this is what you get?? I was expecting more.

I've never scene it but I would never cast DeCaprio as a gangster.

Has anyone said The Departed yet? Oh my god, I don't care if i'm the only one who thinks this, but it was BOOORING. Throw together an all star cast, a legendary director and a huge budget and this is what you get?? I was expecting more.
It's not the best movie ever made but it's definitely not boring, or at least in my opinion it's not.

My pick is Scarface, sure you may love the character and action scenes but when it comes down to it, it really isn't that good of a movie. It's a damn shame that many people only know Al Pacino for this role.

He is most remembered for Scarface,but Scarface in no way is over-rated. The acting was great and it had the best action scene ever in it. Scarface is one of those perfect gangsters flicks. Among the ranks of Reservoir Dogs,Goodfellas,and the Godfather, I'm not saying it's better than those three but people love Scarface and it's one of Pacino's best performances of his acting career.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Al Pacino for this role.
I chose to remember Arthur Kirkland... don't know it? Look it up