The suck factor of One Missed Call

Tools    

Alot of the asian horror flicks are like that. The Ring, Pulse, One Missed Call.... It seems that Asians may be a little afraid of the technology they are creating

It's probably no surprise to those who know me that I DO want to see One Missed Call.

That fear of technology thing, though? Frankenstein did it best in the 30's. Hasn't ever been dethroned, imho.

It's probably no surprise to those who know me that I DO want to see One Missed Call.
When you see it, remind me I owe you a beer...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Alot of the asian horror flicks are like that. The Ring, Pulse, One Missed Call....
...9 out of 10 "sci-fi" anime too, for that matter. I wonder if it starts with the Godzilla/Hiroshima connection.

Certifiably troglodytic.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure if these kinds of posters are creative or annoying.

Anybody know of earlier examples of this poster technique right offhand?

I'd say it's pretty similar to The Ring- remake of Asian of ghost story centered around fear of contemporary technology.

Unless you were being sarcastic?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure if these kinds of posters are creative or annoying.

I don't know of any offhand, but I agree about it's either creative or annoying. Maybe creatively annoying?

The One Missed Call poster I find literally too wierd, though the one for The Descent is actually more creative.

Certifiably troglodytic.
The One Missed Call poster I find very sick looking, though the one for The Descent is actually more creative.
I'd agree with you there.

I probably won't see One Missed Call (depending on the Great Toose's review) but I did see The Descent. As a caver of 25 years be-bopping underneath the Kentucky/Indiana/Tennessee/Virginia surface, I was a bit put-off by the ignorance of the "cavers" who were painted as having some expertise in the sport while knocking several basic rules of caving from the beginning.

That compromised credibility factor colored my watching experience of that movie and might color my opinion here.

I probably won't see One Missed Call (depending on the Great Toose's review) but I did see The Descent. As a caver of 25 years be-bopping underneath the Kentucky/Indiana/Tennessee/Virginia surface, I was a bit put-off by the ignorance of the "cavers" who were painted as having some expertise in the sport while knocking several basic rules of caving from the beginning.

That compromised credibility factor colored my watching experience of that movie and might color my opinion here.
I own The Descent on Blu-Ray and it's one of my faves. As for One Missed Call, skip it. No need to wait. It's a complete piece of sh*t! Seriously. And that's my review LOL.

Certifiably troglodytic.
My wife and I being air traffic controllers and she being a pilot affect our reactions to flying movies, but I go out of my way to ignore the BS. It's only a movie.
I know what you're saying there, but the central premise of this movie is that we believe they are real (mainly responsible) cavers. While movies do request that you suspend some judgment for art's sake (and I can do that), the case here is akin to an air-traffic controller being asked to manage a plane's space in the air without a real-time, aircraft location display.

I did manage to find some genuinely frightening moments in the film that were true-to-life regarding caving. Portions of the film also set realistically and the principals' movement through cave at times was real.

My father is a (somewhat) accomplished (semi) professional blues musician/guitarist who huffs when a certain guitar is portrayed in an era set in the movie when the actual guitar did not come out until years later. I guess I get the realism thing honestly.

You're both air traffic controllers? That is pretty freekin' sweet in my book.

Certifiably troglodytic.
I own The Descent on Blu-Ray and it's one of my faves. As for One Missed Call, skip it. No need to wait. It's a complete piece of sh*t! Seriously. And that's my review LOL.
I shall take your word for it!

*EDIT*
I will say that while The Descent may not have portrayed the cavers adequately, it did pretty nicely at depicting the cave itself, maybe even better than caves I've seen in other movies.

I kinda wondering to see this movie but the way most of you reacted on how low this movie was!!! That changes everything...hey guys what about saw 4 is it good..

After reading all those posts not interested on this movie even though my friend wanna treat me out to watch this..one..