"Cursed" Movies

Tools    

i searched and i only saw this briefly discussed about one movie.
i know many people believe the poltergiest films where "cursed" but is there any other films like this. i heard some strange things happened while filming the Exorcist but i dont know specifics. i thought i would open this up to discussion

A system of cells interlinked
Superman

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
There was lots of rumours circulating about The Wizard of Oz.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/ozsuicid.htm
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Three Guys and a Baby or something similar to that title. The apartment they used for the filming was the site of where the landowners son died or committed suicide. Through some of the shots, you could "see" his ghost through curtains and such. Freaky.

On a side note, I was listening to The Unforgiven 2 as I wrote this and saw my dad coming down the stairs and scared myself ****less
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

The Waterboy

Every tortured soul who has sat through this flick has lost numerous brain cells.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The Waterboy

Every tortured sould who has sat through this flick has lost numerous brain cells.
*gasp* Oh know!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Similar to the Poltergiest films, a series of eerie coincidences including deaths and other ill-fates happened to the cast of Incubus, including the actual copy of this film was destroyed before it could be reproduced, but luckily it was found in some guys collection and they could put it back on tape and dvd. but i think they had to use black bars to cover the french subtitles and cover it up with english ones.

i bought the dvd because i was trying to learn Esperanto and it was the only movie i knew of that was in Esperanto. there is a feature on the dvd that gives you a list of all these "coincidences", and the movie itself is creepy. i havent finished watching it yet, but the trailer had the same feel and creepiness as Rosemary's Baby.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The Waterboy

Every tortured soul who has sat through this flick has lost numerous brain cells.
And what about Sin City? Watching that one is kind of like watching a retard vomit on screen for about two hours. That's the sort of feeling it leaves you with as you walk out of the cinema...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Godsend
Three Guys and a Baby or something similar to that title. The apartment they used for the filming was the site of where the landowners son died or committed suicide. Through some of the shots, you could "see" his ghost through curtains and such. Freaky!(
I remember that, but I think I read somewhere that it was just a cardboard standee of Ted Danson that the other actors placed outside the window as a prank (because that apartment scene was actually shot inside a Hollywood studio).

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
i know many people believe the poltergiest films where "cursed"
I know of one story that involved a bunch of bizarre, ghost-like occurrences happening on the set of Poltergeist II. Will Sampson, the actor playing Taylor (who also played Chief Bromden in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest), actually happened to be a real practicing Creek shaman - and after investigating the set, he found that the weird occurrences seemed to be emanating from these two prop skeletons that allegedly turned out to be real cadaver skeletons that the prop crew had secured. So Sampson offered to perform an exorcism one night, if the security crew was aware and would let him in. They did, and he came in and did his thing, and supposedly they had no more problems. Whether it's true or not, I don't know. The fact that the damn film was called Poltergeist is a little too conspicuously coincidental for me, so maybe there was more behind-the-scenes promoting going on than anyone is willing to admit.

Randomly visiting for now
I was going to make a similar joke to Holden's but I was sleeping at the time of his post...coincidence .....maybe ......*play x-files theme now, "perhaps I was never meant to make that post and some extraterrestrial force stopped me using mind control additives planted in the choc-chip bicuits I ate or maybe something even more extroadinary it's hard to say....but make no mistake the truth is out there.....ok I'm even annoying myself now. Carry on

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
how superman? care to explaine

Chris Reeve suffered a crippling injury, and after fighting to walk again for many years, unfortunately passed away after complications arose. Richard Pryor (Supperman III) contracted MS, and still struggles with it today. Margot Kidder was found wandering, toothless, in someones back yard in the 90s after a nervous breakdown. George Reeves, who originally played the super hero in the old TV series, was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head. It was called suicide, but some controversy surrounded the death.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Boys in the Band

Most of the cast members are dead, mainly related to AIDS.

What there's an aids-giving poltergeist hanging around movie sets now??

I wish I knew of a whacky story about a curse-ed movie, but while this is a good thread idea there aren't many I know of.

I'm not sure of the movie but there is a script that John Candy, John Belusi, Chris Farley and Sam. . .Kenison? read and all died very shortly after reading it.
And found he was eating his shoe.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
What there's an aids-giving poltergeist hanging around movie sets now??

I wish I knew of a whacky story about a curse-ed movie, but while this is a good thread idea there aren't many I know of.
I thought ghosts and poltergeists haunted not cursed.

Anyone is able to curse.

Witches, warlocks, Babe Ruth, owners of goats, Snoopy.

What about The Crow ?

lol

Well, I once heard that there were a number of strange occurrences that happened on the sets used for the X-Files series. Supposedly, the main actress (can't remember her name, but she plays Sculley) wanted to quit the show because she felt that it was cursed by hauntings, or something like that.

Don't know how much truth there is behind any of it, but there's my piece.

Originally Posted by Loner
Anyone is able to curse.

Witches, warlocks, Babe Ruth, owners of goats, Snoopy.
Go Snoopy, fight that red baron!!

motivationally deficient
Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused

yeh,the tin was allergic to his make up.

motivationally deficient
Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused

yeh,the tin man was allergic to his make up.