Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

On the way to the grocery store this morning and the cars in front of me were swerving. I ended up following this chihuahua about a half block until he ran up a driveway and on a porch. There was nobody home but they had a camera doorbell they could answer. I made sure he stayed on the porch while they raced home. They said he has a doggie door that he never used before. They were lucky.

Frickin kills me to see all the dead animals in Australia. I financially support Humane Society International. Don’t know how these people can do this job. It would kill me.

Frickin sad photo. Syria destroyed by man’s stupidity & here is one little calico cat trying to survive. Most likely a female & how or where is she going to feed herself? I pray for everyone left in Syria & any animals who have survived.

I was walking down a street close to my house today at the start of a 2 hour walk. Outside one of the scruffy houses on the left-hand side I clearly heard the faint cries of a kitten. (I have acute hearing.) So many cars going by that blocked the sound, but it continued intermittently. Called & called amid all the crap in their front yard, but could not figure out where the mewing was coming from. It ruined my walk, but I decided to return in 2 hours.

When I returned, no crying. One window in this scruffy dump was just a midgin open & I wonder if the the crying came from inside the house? The kitty had not sounded at all happy, but there was nothing I could do. SO annoying.

Box-Fanned & Consoled Nobility
I was once a part of a "conservancy effort" to rescue several beached old whale[s] and help push them back out to sea....

Long story short the whales lived!!!!!

We’ve had a feral cat in our yard for several years. Husband feeds him & calls him Pappy. He appeared one day & someone had gotten him fixed. I’ve always been afraid of him: he growls, spits & strikes with his paws. Husband once took him to be groomed (his fur was horribly matted in the heat) & the groomer couldn’t even get him out of the carrier.

So for about a month now when I go outside to feed my cat Calyx, Pappy has come very close & I give him a small bowl of kibble. (Husband feeds outside cats & they all get delicious food.) So Pappy doesn’t really need food from me, but he enjoys it.

So yesterday I stroked him a little bit behind his head (never put your hands in front of a cat’s face) & he loved it. He now allows me to stroke him every time without being the least bit afraid & today he rubbed against my legs.

It’s so wonderful when an animal comes to trust one. It really made my day.

Saw two wild turkeys on an affluent street during my daily walk today. They were foraging in someone’s front yard. Presumably they came from the large park just across the way. Sent up a little prayer that no harm would come to them. Forgot to see if they were male or female.

We've got turkeys that come to our house every day to eat and relax. They even lay down in the yard. Randy's doesn't bother them but Rudy will chase them into the woods.

Kills me seeing the photos of burned animals in the California wildfires. One of the fires was started by an arsonist. Sick people who have hurt innocent animals.

Absolutely amazed that Eversource, which is an electric supplier in the northeast, came twice to our street yesterday to rescue a cat stuck wayyyyyyyy up in a tree.

I have it all from hearsay (though I did see the cat in the tree). Apparently the cops were nearby & they alerted a nearby Eversource truck to the situation. Their bucket did not reach the cat so they left. Much to my astonishment they came back later with a bucket that could go higher. Kitty was quite relaxed (though she’d been in the tree for 3 days) & she was easy to grab. Everyone came down to the ground & all Eversource wanted was a photo with the owner & his cat.

I was so relieved. Just the thought of the poor thing in the tree gave me such anxiety.

Sorta-kinda related, but I'm going to be holding an all-day charity stream to benefit animal welfare on Saturday, May 8th. It's primarily focused towards a video game community I'm part of, but there'll be some other games played and it's technically open to (and hopefully entertaining for) anyone.

It'll be at https://www.twitch.tv/spypartyfans. If you have a Twitch account you can follow that now and get a notification when it goes live, but I'll try to remember to post about it here, too, on the day.

Just got a visit from a baby opossum. I just waited until he went outside.
Yikes. There must be more. They ride on their mother’s back.

Tried to do something nice yesterday. Was on a job when a very young fawn, smallest deer I have ever seen in real life, came running into the yard and plopped down about 50 ft from me. Middle of the day which is kind of a strange time to see deer hopping around. I stood there waiting for the mom to come but she never did. The thing was facing away from me so I was able to walk up to it and even pet it a little but as soon as I moved to where it could see me it let out a bleat (really loud, sounds just like a goat) and hopped into a nearby flower bed and hunkered down again. Followed it, it let out another bleat, ran to another bed and I never saw it again. Told the homeowner about it who then called the city and they said if it isn't injured there's nothing they can do about it. Just leave it. So, there's a tiny fawn hopping around somewhere whose mother either abandoned it or, more likely, was hit by a car. If it's old enough to survive and stays in the yard it's in, the people who live there will do whatever it takes to keep it going but it was very small, so I don't know.

Years ago I was driving around and there was some roadkill in the middle of the lane and a hawk sitting on a telephone pole staring at it. I figured it was going to eat it so I got a stick and shoved the roadkill onto the grass so the hawk wouldn't get run over if it happened to fly down to have a snack.

Tried to do something nice yesterday. Was on a job when a very young fawn, smallest deer I have ever seen in real life, came running into the yard and plopped down about 50 ft from me. Middle of the day which is kind of a strange time to see deer hopping around. I stood there waiting for the mom to come but she never did. The thing was facing away from me so I was able to walk up to it and even pet it a little but as soon as I moved to where it could see me it let out a bleat (really loud, sounds just like a goat) and hopped into a nearby flower bed and hunkered down again. Followed it, it let out another bleat, ran to another bed and I never saw it again. Told the homeowner about it who then called the city and they said if it isn't injured there's nothing they can do about it. Just leave it. So, there's a tiny fawn hopping around somewhere whose mother either abandoned it or, more likely, was hit by a car. If it's old enough to survive and stays in the yard it's in, the people who live there will do whatever it takes to keep it going but it was very small, so I don't know.
Momma deer go out during the day looking for food & she leaves her fawn behind. She can be away for several hours. One should never ever move a baby deer from the place momma left it. She will return.

So the situation you describe is very worrisome since the fawn is moving around. I pray to the Dear Lord to keep it safe & get it back to its mother. If momma is alive she will, of course, come looking for her baby.

It’s nice of you to care.

well i work at the animal shelter called RSPCA for 21 years i loved it
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. That’s awesome you worked there!