My 30 Favorite 80's Movies

Tools    

#10.

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
Director: Joseph Zito
Writers: Victor Miller (based upon characters created by), Ron Kurz (based upon characters created by)
Cast: Kimberly Beck, Corey Feldman, Ted White
Genre: Horror and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 31 Minutes
Rated R

First I want to say Jason is my favorite horror movie slasher of all time and this is the series that I have watched the most in the 80's. Some people may say these movies look cheesy and bad but who cares all what matters is that I liked them. The kills in this movie were great with a cool ending as well and It was also nice to see Crispin Glover in this movie.

George McFly got the moves lol

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

#9.

Lethal Weapon (1987)
Director: Richard Donner
Writer: Shane Black
Cast: Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Gary Busey
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 49 Minutes
Rated R

A great buddy cop movie from the 80's and one of the best action films ever made, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover did amazing in their lead roles as two newly paired cops (Murtaugh as the unlucky cop and Riggs as the suicidal crazy cop) and the chemistry between the two is cool to watch as they go after the bad guys.

"What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd? Let's get the flock out of here!" - Martin Riggs played by Mel Gibson

#9.

Lethal Weapon (1987)
Director: Richard Donner
Writer: Shane Black
Cast: Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Gary Busey
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 49 Minutes
Rated R

A great buddy cop movie from the 80's and one of the best action films ever made, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover did amazing in their lead roles as two newly paired cops (Murtaugh as the unlucky cop and Riggs as the suicidal crazy cop) and the chemistry between the two is cool to watch as they go after the bad guys.

"What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd? Let's get the flock out of here!" - Martin Riggs played by Mel Gibson
one of the funniest action movies!

#8.

Back to the Future (1985)
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Writers: Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale
Cast: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Runtime: 1 Hour and 56 Minutes
Rated PG

A great sci-fi time traveling and adventurous film. What I liked about this movie is how time traveling can be fun but risky also because you might get stuck in a year that you thought was good but ended up with things that have gone bad. Like Marty, he gets stuck in 1955, only to see his future parents as high schoolers and making sure they get back together just in case it effects the future in a bad way.

"The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?" -Dr. Emmett Brown played by Christopher Lloyd

#7.

Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
Director: Amy Heckerling
Writers: Cameron Crowe (screenplay), Cameron Crowe (book)
Cast: Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold
Genre: Comedy and Drama
Runtime: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Rated R

What a cool 80's high school movie with some laughs here and there. What I liked about this movie is it shows you how the life that these teens in high school go through and what they do outside of school also. The characters in the movie were enjoyable especially Jeff Spicoli, Sean Penn's stoner character as some of his lines were oddly funny.

"Hey bud, let's party!"- Jeff Spicoli played by Sean Penn

#7.

Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
Director: Amy Heckerling
Writers: Cameron Crowe (screenplay), Cameron Crowe (book)
Cast: Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold
Genre: Comedy and Drama
Runtime: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Rated R

What a cool 80's high school movie with some laughs here and there. What I liked about this movie is it shows you how the life that these teens in high school go through and what they do outside of school also. The characters in the movie were enjoyable especially Jeff Spicoli, Sean Penn's stoner character as some of his lines were oddly funny.

"Hey bud, let's party!"- Jeff Spicoli played by Sean Penn
that movie is funny lol

#6.

Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
Director: Martin Brest
Writers: Daniel Petrie Jr. (screenplay by), Danilo Bach (story by)
Cast: Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, John Ashton
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
Runtime: 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
Rated R

A fun, fast paced comedy action movie with a great cast and soundtrack. Eddie Murphy sure made this film enjoyable as he plays a smart and wise ass Detroit cop named Axel Foley who goes to Beverly Hills, California to find the men who killed his best friend. There's also a nice comedy addition to this movie when he meets two Beverly Hills cops, Det. Billy Rosewood and Sgt. John Taggart which are played by Judge Reinhold and John Ashton

"Disturbing the peace? I got thrown out of a window! What's the f*ckin' charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?" - Axel Foley played by Eddie Murphy

A Good song from the beginning of the movie

#5.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writers: Jeffrey Boam (screenplay), George Lucas (story)
Cast: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Alison Doody
Genre: Action and Adventure
Runtime: 2 Hours and 7 Minutes
Rated PG-13

Another enjoyable Indiana Jones movie with great action packed scenes and full of excitement. In this movie Indy teams up with his father to try and capture the holy grail, but they got Nazis that stand in their way and must fight them off to get it. It was nice to see Indy as a kid as well and see him outsmart the thieves as he tries to steal a golden crucifix from them.

“I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up.” - Indiana Jones played by Harrison Ford

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
#6.

Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
Director: Martin Brest
Writers: Daniel Petrie Jr. (screenplay by), Danilo Bach (story by)
Cast: Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, John Ashton
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
Runtime: 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
Rated R

A fun, fast paced comedy action movie with a great cast and soundtrack. Eddie Murphy sure made this film enjoyable as he plays a smart and wise ass Detroit cop named Axel Foley who goes to Beverly Hills, California to find the men who killed his best friend. There's also a nice comedy addition to this movie when he meets two Beverly Hills cops, Det. Billy Rosewood and Sgt. John Taggart which are played by Judge Reinhold and John Ashton

"Disturbing the peace? I got thrown out of a window! What's the f*ckin' charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?" - Axel Foley played by Eddie Murphy

A Good song from the beginning of the movie

I love that Glenn Frey song, but I've never seen the movie Beverly Hills Cop.

#5.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Writers: Jeffrey Boam (screenplay), George Lucas (story)
Stars: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Alison Doody
Runtime: 2 Hours and 7 Minutes
Rated PG-13

Another enjoyable Indiana Jones movie with great action packed scenes and full of excitement. In this movie Indy teams up with his father to try and capture the holy grail, but they got Nazis that stand in their way and must fight them off to get it. It was nice to see Indy as a kid as well and see him outsmart the thieves as he tries to steal a golden crucifix from them.

“I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up.” - Indiana Jones played by Harrison Ford

I love Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It's a very close second favorite movie in the Indiana Jones trilogy. Sean Connery was perfect casting for Indy's father.

I love Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It's a very close second favorite movie in the Indiana Jones trilogy. Sean Connery was perfect casting for Indy's father.
same here i agree he did a great job

#4.

The Terminator (1984)
Director: James Cameron
Writers: James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd
Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn
Genre: Action and Sci-Fi
Runtime: 1 Hour and 47 Minutes
Rated R

One of my favorite action movies of all time and an interesting one also. Arnold plays the role of a cyborg killing machine on this mission to kill this innocent lady named Sarah Connor and will kill anyone that gets in his way. When Sarah meets this guy named Kyle Reese, they both fight to survive against this robotic gun killing maniac and trying to find ways to kill it before it kills them.

"Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!" - Kyle Reese played by Michael Biehn

A good catchy song right here from the movie during the nightclub scene

#3.

Die Hard (1988)
Director: John McTiernan
Writers: Roderick Thorp (based on the novel by), Jeb Stuart (screenplay by)
Cast: Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Bonnie Bedelia
Genre: Action and Thriller
Runtime: 2 Hours and 12 Minutes
Rated R

John McClane as one of my favorite action movie characters and Willis does an outstanding job playing as a NYC police detective that was invited by his wife to a Christmas party in Los Angeles and using his skills for survival against the bad guys that crash the party and holds the building hostage. This movie was a great action packed film and it was a lot of fun watching it.

"Yippie Kai Yay Motherf*cker."- John McClane played by Bruce Willis

#4.

The Terminator (1984)
Director: James Cameron
Writers: James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd
Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn
Genre: Action and Sci-Fi
Runtime: 1 Hour and 47 Minutes
Rated R

One of my favorite action movies of all time and an interesting one also. Arnold plays the role of a cyborg killing machine on this mission to kill this innocent lady named Sarah Connor and will kill anyone that gets in his way. When Sarah meets this guy named Kyle Reese, they both fight to survive against this robotic gun killing maniac and trying to find ways to kill it before it kills them.

"Listen, and understand! That Terminator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!" - Kyle Reese played by Michael Biehn

A good catchy song right here from the movie during the nightclub scene

As good as The Terminator is, I think this is one of the few times that the sequel is better than the original.

#2.

Scarface (1983)
Director: Brian De Palma
Writer: Oliver Stone (screenplay by)
Cast: Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer, Steven Bauer
Genre: Crime and Drama
Runtime: 2 Hours and 50 Minutes
Rated R

You get the Money, Power, Women and then you get f*cked over by other drug dealers if not careful while dealing while with drugs. This was a great brutal and violent gangster movie from the 80's and Al's performance as Tony Montana was brilliant in this film, as he plays this fearless dangerous and powerful criminal trying to work his way up the drug empire.

*You wanna f*ck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana played by Al Pacino

#1.

Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Writers: Lawrence Kasdan (screenplay by), George Lucas (story by)
Cast: Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman
Runtime: 1 Hour and 55 Minutes
Rated PG

If you are looking for a great and exciting adventurous movie, this is the movie to watch and you got to love Indiana's sarcastic cocky attitude in these movies and makes the bad guys look like fools. Harrison Ford does an amazing job playing as Indy and makes this movie exciting. Also I want to say is, this movie has one of the best theme songs in cinema, imo.

"It's not the years, honey; it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones played by Harrison Ford

Recap

30. The Breakfast Club (1985)
29. Ghostbusters (1984)
28. The Lost Boys (1987)
27. A Christmas Story (1983)
26. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
25. Rambo: First Blood Part 2 (1985)
24. The Karate Kid (1984)
23. Commando (1985)
22. Predator (1987)
21. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
20. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
19. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
18. Heathers (1989)
17. Sixteen Candles (1984)
16. Can't Buy Me Love (1987)
15. Pretty in Pink (1986)
14. Beverly Hills Cop 2 (1987)
13. Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)
12. RoboCop (1987)
11. The Untouchables (1987)
10. Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter (1984)
9. Lethal Weapon (1987)
8. Back to the Future (1985)
7. Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
6. Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
4. The Terminator (1984)
3. Die Hard (1988)
2. Scarface (1983)
1. Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

My old list when I made it out of a youtube video, which I'm glad I re did this list to make it more of an honest one

1. Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
2. Scarface (1983)
3. The Terminator (1984)
4. Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
5. Die Hard (1988)
6. Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
7. The Untouchables (1987)
8. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade(1989)
9. Rambo (1982)
10. Aliens (1986)
11. Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi (1983)
12. The Karate Kid (1984)
13. Back to the Future (1985)
14. The Lost Boys (1987)
15. RoboCop (1987)
16. Ghostbusters (1984)
17. Predator (1987)
18. Lethal Weapon (1987)
19. Sixteen Candles (1984)
20. The Breakfast Club (1985)
21. The Goonies (1985)
22. Ferris Buller's Day Off (1986)
23. Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)
24. Batman (1989)
25. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
26. Friday the 13th (1980)
27. Commando (1985)
28. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
29. Beetlejuice (1988)
30. A Christmas Story (1983)

#2.

Scarface (1983)
Director: Brian De Palma
Writer: Oliver Stone (screenplay by)
Cast: Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer, Steven Bauer
Genre: Crime and Drama
Runtime: 2 Hours and 50 Minutes
Rated R

You get the Money, Power, Women and then you get f*cked over by other drug dealers if not careful while dealing while with drugs. This was a great brutal and violent gangster movie from the 80's and Al's performance as Tony Montana was brilliant in this film, as he plays this fearless dangerous and powerful criminal trying to work his way up the drug empire.

*You wanna f*ck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana played by Al Pacino
one of my favorite gangster movies

Honorable Mentions Part 1

Batman (1989)
Beetlejuice (1988)
Coming to America (1988)
First Blood (1982)
Mad Max 2 (1981)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)
Romancing the Stone (1984)
Risky Business (1983)
Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi (1983)
The Goonies (1985)
Trading Places (1983)

Honorable Mentions Part 2

Aliens (1986)
Day of the Dead (1985)
Friday the 13th Part (1980)
Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
Friday the 13th Part III (1983)
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
Halloween II (1981)
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)

Honorable Mentions Part 3

Back to the Future Part II (1989)
Colors (1988)
Gremlins (1984)
Midnight Run (1988)
The New Kids (1985)
Tootsie (1982)

The 80's decade was a great experience for films, especially for the favorite movies that I have on this list and the honorable mentions as well. I hope you all enjoyed my 30 favorite 80's Movies thread.

Next up, I'll be doing a favorite 90's movies list which is another favorite decade of mines for films.

Here's a link to my 10 favorite 70's movies if anyone wants to check it out - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=63146