Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

They should have stopped with Raiders. You can't top perfection.

Also, there should have only been one Highlander movie. My regrets, however, to the fine denizens of planet Zeist. The Kurgan was right, however, that it is better to burn out than to fade away, and what is more faded in comparison to the original than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

I've ranked 'em in my Spielberg ranking. However, with Indy 5 there'll be a split between Spielberg's directorial filmography and the Indy franchise. Anyways:

Crusade
Raiders
Skull
Temple

And no, I don't dislike any of them.

4 has grown on me, but back when I first saw it I was definitely in the camp of disappointed fans. That's what a near 20-year wait and unrealistically high expectations will do.

It'll be interesting to see how people rank the upcoming fifth one in. Still pretty unreal to think it's finally happening. I'm keeping my expectations in-check.

I forgot the opening line.
My Indiana Jones rankings are easy to remember - they go in exact chronological order from Raiders to Crystal Skull. I sure hope the 5th one breaks that order, and at least comes in 4th - if not it's going to be especially grim viewing.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Did you see the fourth one? I find that one has grown on me a lot since I first saw it. I'm keeping my expectations in-check for the fifth one, not repeating the same mistake I did with 4 way back in 2008.

I saw 4 in the theater and was very unhappy with it. But 1,2 & 3 were family classics and while I was growing up I hadnt known anyone that didnt see them. These days, I dont know, never asked anyone.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Did you see the fourth one? I find that one has grown on me a lot since I first saw it. I'm keeping my expectations in-check for the fifth one, not repeating the same mistake I did with 4 way back in 2008.

You sure you're talking about the right series? There's no fourth movie.

BANNED
Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

P.S. The last movie is total crap.

4 has grown on me, but back when I first saw it I was definitely in the camp of disappointed fans. That's what a near 20-year wait and unrealistically high expectations will do.

I thought it was PRETTY GOOD. Nothing better or worse than that. It definitely had its camp, but the way I see it, one refrigerator isn't enough to ruin the whole thing. I mostly watched it for Cate Blanchett.

I've seen the newest film and thought it was pretty good and am leaning towards ranking it as my third favorite but need to rewatch it again a few more times to finalize my opinion. But my initial impression is overall positive and this certainly wasn't the worst attempt at a series finale I've seen.

I forgot the opening line.
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom
Dial of Destiny
The Last Crusade
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

That's where my preference order is at the moment.

Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation
Last Crusade
Raiders
Temple of Doom
Crystal Skull

Dial of Destiny

Raiders Of The Lost Ark A+
The Last Crusade A-
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull C
Temple Of Doom C
Dial of Destiny D

I liked parts of Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom I also hated parts of those films. But Dial of Destiny is easily the worst Indiana Jones film...it was worse than many 80's TV episodes. Putting aside all the stupid diversity side characters. Visually this movie is terrible, they stripped all the magic and cinematography for sole less dark CGI that you can't tell what's going on in several of the overlong and repetitive action sequences.

The truth is in here
Raiders Of The Lost Ark:
(9.4/10)
Temple Of Doom:
(9.3/10)
The Last Crusade:
(9.2/10)
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull:
(8/10)
Dial Of Destiny:
(5.7/10)

Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull I enjoyed seeing in theaters. The film is by no means perfect, but it's simple adventurous fun that does recapture what the series is meant to be.

Dial Of Destiny was made purely for money. Besides a few standout scenes I am not gonna find myself getting nostalgic or even bothering with a rewatch in the future.