Don't you guys think Oscar movies are quite bore

Tools    

I have watched argo and the during movie I was quite thinking there would be something as this movie have won oscar.

Moved to a more appropriate forum. Please make sure to place new threads in the correct forum.

Anyway, some Oscar movies are a bore, sure. Most aren't.

One should never expect to see ninjas - that's a big part of what makes them so deadly.

I have watched argo and the during movie I was quite thinking there would be something as this movie have won oscar.
No

They're bad ninjas.
Fair enough - it is pretty easy to see them when they're sitting on the naughty step .... though technically I think they are renamed to badjas for the duration

Here's one on aforementioned 'naughty step' I believe:

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A friend recommended me "Argo" but I turned it off within 15 minutes..

I saw "Spotlight" (6/10) on vacation and couldn't believe it won Best Picture.. (Or maybe I can)

A friend recommended me "Argo" but I turned it off within 15 minutes..

I saw "Spotlight" (6/10) on vacation and couldn't believe it won Best Picture.. (Or maybe I can)
You need to do what Rodent does, then you'll love Argo and Spotlight, especially Argo.
  • Stick a DVD or Blu-Ray on
  • Turn the television colour completely down till it's B&W
  • Flick the language setting on the disc to French, Italian, German or whatever language works best with the movie or a language you don't speak
  • Finally, put the subtitles on English
I'm currently watching Star Trek (2009) in French...
Seriously, this is like watching something from Luc Besson...

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
ARGO F...well.hm. no. I rather enjoyed Argo (and Spotlight). As to expecting *to see ninjas, then that is a short road to disappointment. I used to part-time that gig back in college days. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm-10pm. The usual hiding in the shadows, leaping from rooftops. Basically, batman without the need to be noticed. And that kinda brings me back to my point. Ninjas don't get seen. If they are seen, you can bet one of two things are happening. First, what you're seeing is more likely Bigfoot, cuz you're not seeing a ninja. Second, if you insist that you're seeing a ninja, then probably it's only an afterimage type of perception that one can only make in the afterlife. Either way, you didn't see one. Dating ninjas, on the other hand, is totally plausible. Just you wouldn't know it if you were. I recommend dating only one at a time though as they can be quite jealous ...and vengeful. Last thing 2020 needs is for you starting up yet another ninja clan war over your self esteem issues. That sorta ties into one or two other threads here going on at the moment. Monogamy. You never know if you're dating a ninja, so if you're the type to play around you might reconsider. Not knowing a partner is a ninja invites all kind of grief if you're only going to toy with their hearts. And they do have hearts, just vows of silence until masters are avenged and such really do numbers on their social acceptance. Still, you never know so why risk it? At least have the conversation with your partner cuz if you cheat a ninja knows. Then it's too late for conversation. Pretty much, it's too late for anything at that point. Just watch yourself, k?

*Edit: I added "to see" as I figured without it, Chyp might ask how many months out were these ninjas and if they knew whether it was a boy or a girl.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

One should never expect to see ninjas - that's a big part of what makes them so deadly.
I think ninja touched me in the private place I can't see anyone else but I can feel the hand so it must be a ninja, right?

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Eh, some are and some aren't.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
So this is kinda great. I'm watching pahaK's and Steve Freeling's animated avatars and I'm imagining them each speaking the text typed by each user in their last replies, as if those characters are having that conversation. It kinda matches up in a creepy sitcom kinda way.

You need to do what Rodent does, then you'll love Argo and Spotlight, especially Argo.
Pharthouse!!!!

I have a thread on it somewhere as well. Watching Ghostbusters in German is awesome

So this is kinda great. I'm watching pahaK's and Steve Freeling's animated avatars and I'm imagining them each speaking the text typed by each user in their last replies, as if those characters are having that conversation. It kinda matches up in a creepy sitcom kinda way.
I think I'd like to see that sitcom.

Parasite just won best picture... would you call that an Oscar film? There's no definition really. Green Book and Argo certainly apply, but then so do Lord of the Rings, Annie Hall, and Amadeus.