The Suicide Squad

→ in
Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I call most steaks I get ****, but when I make one it's wonderful.

It's a supervillain movie.
But the true villains are the WB execs....

and an awful one at that.
The second one does not have to be.

I can't really see how it's supposed to get any improvement, to be perfectly honest.
Considering it was cut to **** by the company that made the trailer it can only improve. Also Ayer got his own DC movie for having his movie ruined.

Considering it was cut to **** by the company that made the trailer it can only improve. Also Ayer got his own DC movie for having his movie ruined.
I dunno... the idea was interesting in the first movie, but the script was horrendous [and the acting].

I dunno... the idea was interesting in the first movie, but the script was horrendous [and the acting].
Blame Warner for giving six weeks for the script than deciding to change things because people liked the trailer.

Blame Warner for giving six weeks for the script than deciding to change things because people liked the trailer.
Yeah. Way too much studio interference too.

I thought the acting talent was one of the more decent choices made. On paper, everyone seemed like a good choice, but they just weren't given much to do with their roles.

Margot Robbie was actually a damn good Harley Quinn. Too bad all of her lines sounded like they were written by an emo fanfic writer.

I thought the acting talent was one of the more decent choices made. On paper, everyone seemed like a good choice, but they just weren't given much to do with their roles.

Margot Robbie was actually a damn good Harley Quinn. Too bad all of her lines sounded like they were written by an emo fanfic writer.
Not wanting to offend anyone's sensibility as to what the movie is concerned, but to me it made no sense whatsoever.

You get a team of criminals to fight a witch you yourself got in the first place to do something.... because.... reasons?

I'm not a DC fan for the most part [actually haven't read a comic in 20+ years, last one I read was this gorgeous looking special edition of Vertigo's "Blood: A Tale" - highly recommend this one just for the artistry alone, though the story is kind of interesting in a bonkers way], except for The Flash, which I actually enjoyed till everyone and their grandmothers became speedsters. Suicide Squad is good on paper and should work as the "anti.hero-do-it-all-and-go-nuts". But the presentation was so poor and contrived [Batman using a child as a human shield?] that I couldn't help but to cringe.

I still find it hard to see Mel Gibson making a movie that would fit the style of Suicide Squad do any of you really see him making a movie where the characters are so shallow that they are introduced via a top trump style card with a bit of graphite? I personally think that Gibson is above the level of CBM in with what he normally produces well most certainly the DCEU. Still maybe I am being a bit harsh because I am only going on what the DCEU has produced so far and now what the DCEU has the potential to produce. However while WB seem so obsessed with trying to peruse the success of the MCU so rabidly instead of taking the time to properly build their own universe correctly and steadily I do not think that we are likely to receive any great movies sadly. Still maybe I am wrong and I do hope I am and Wonder Woman and Justice League will be a turn around and both will be great movies.

I still find it hard to see Mel Gibson making a movie that would fit the style of Suicide Squad do any of you really see him making a movie where the characters are so shallow that they are introduced via a top trump style card with a bit of graphite? I personally think that Gibson is above the level of CBM in with what he normally produces well most certainly the DCEU. Still maybe I am being a bit harsh because I am only going on what the DCEU has produced so far and now what the DCEU has the potential to produce. However while WB seem so obsessed with trying to peruse the success of the MCU so rabidly instead of taking the time to properly build their own universe correctly and steadily I do not think that we are likely to receive any great movies sadly. Still maybe I am wrong and I do hope I am and Wonder Woman and Justice League will be a turn around and both will be great movies.
Do you think Braveheart was a deep movie?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-sequel-974436

"Mel Gibson is mulling joining the DC Extended Universe … as a director. Warner Bros. is courting the actor-director to helm Suicide Squad 2 and the sides are early in talks, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. No official offer has been made nor has any commitment.

Sources say that Gibson is familiarizing himself with the material. But the studio is not being passive and is also looking at other directors, Daniel Espinosa among them."
if mel takes this......he'll demand final cut, and if WB refuses to do so, i'm pretty sure he'll give them a public reckoning. personally I think WB will be more than willing to give mel what he wants, because I think WB wants, aside from money to be critically respected.

I wonder if Quentin Tarantino would do it. Edgy characters are his thing.
I wouldn't mind him trying it, but his character voicing is far too strong, too unique to be meshed in these types of films, or at least in these current franchises. even in his most toned down film, Jackie Brown, it's still 100% him coming through.

Welcome to the human race...
I wonder if Quentin Tarantino would do it. Edgy characters are his thing.
All signs point to "hell no".

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I figured it wasn't a serious suggestion. The guy has always done his own thing; if he is actually going to stick to his proclaimed plan to make ten films and then retire, then the odds of one of those last two films being a studio-mandated superhero sequel is highly unlikely.

Do you think Braveheart was a deep movie?
No I do not think that Braveheart was a deep movie but do I think that the quality difference between Braveheart and Suicide Squad is incomparable. I am not even sure if Braveheart is even that relevent of a reference to use any more that was a film Gibson completed over 22 years ago and in that 22 years he seems to have improved substantially as a director going by his most recent work Heartbreak Ridge, which is what I would personally use to gauge where Gibson is personally at as a film director at the moment not a film made two decades ago.

So do you think that going from a film which is been Oscar nominated to making a sequel to a movie which was critically panned and nominated for multiple Razzies would be a good one for Gibson?

No I do not think that Braveheart was a deep movie but do I think that the quality difference between Braveheart and Suicide Squad is incomparable. I am not even sure if Braveheart is even that relevent of a reference to use any more that was a film Gibson completed over 22 years ago and in that 22 years he seems to have improved substantially as a director going by his most recent work Heartbreak Ridge, which is what I would personally use to gauge where Gibson is personally at as a film director at the moment not a film made two decades ago.

So do you think that going from a film which is been Oscar nominated to making a sequel to a movie which was critically panned and nominated for multiple Razzies would be a good one for Gibson?
Gibson made Haksaw because he got it financed. Previously he wanted to make a gritty Viking adventure that did not fel trough.Razzie or not it still killed at the box office and there is nowhere to go but up.