Richard Gere-What do you think about him

Tools    

Oh, and Mothman Prophecies. Great performance, underrated supernatural thriller.
I thought I was the only person that liked Mothman Prophecies and Gere's performance in it. I've long been interested in the actual story and it effected the town. The movie didn't bear much resemblance to the actual events, but it sorta captured the feeling of the town and its experience with the sightings. Gere, as a reporter, was a good fictional device to summarize the events that seemed to start with creature sightings and ended in the bridge collapse. Laura Linney and Will Patton are also two fine character actors who are not real well known. Patton's role seems to have been a composite of a whole bunch of people that claim to have seen the crypto-creature.

Like most movies Richard Gere plays in, he's good in a workmanlike way....not a celebrity, but he always does a good job with the roles he takes on.

I havnt seen too many movies with him in it, but I think he has one of the most gentle, and approchable faces. He's not sexy or hot (in my opinion) but he has that child-like innocent face and from what I remeber in movies I did see with him in them, he always plays a gentle character.
He's an active Buddhist who's engaged in human rights issues, only takes roles that don't offend him.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I'm not a really big fan, but the movies he's played in that I like are:

The Mothman Prophecies
Mr. Jones
An Officer and a Gentleman

I would like to watch The Jackal, although I'm certain it's not half as good as The Day of the Jackal.

I like him. He definitely is past the peak of his career. The late 80's and all of the 90's were his best years in acting. They just don't make movies that suit his acting style anymore.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gerbil.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	12417  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Love Richard Gere.

Need to re-watch; American Gigolo and First Knight.

Pretty Woman and the The Jackal are alright.

Brooklyn’s Finest is pretty good, interesting character he played well.

Hachi, An Officer and a Gentleman, Primal Fear and Days of Heaven are my favorite movies starring Gere in a leading role, I would rate them all around;

Never seen Chicago or The Cotton Club.

I always felt that Gere was slightly overrated, although he's had some good parts.

But when I saw him in Time Out of Mind (2014) playing a homeless guy, I realized the man could act.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I like Richard Gere, but I still haven't seen his rom-coms Pretty Woman and Runaway Bride, which would probably rank high on my list of his movies if I ever get around to watching them.

My favorites of his movie are Chicago, Shall We Dance?, Nights in Rodanthe, and Hachi: A Dog's Tale.