Pixar's The Good Dinosaur

Tools    

A trailer for this dropped today:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not especially hopeful for this. They replaced the director (Bob Peterson, Oscar nominated writer of Finding Nemo and Up) for Peter Sohn (no experience outside of doing the animating) and retooled the story only a year before the movie came out. Release date is November 25th,.

Peter Sohn actually has some experience, he directed the short Partly Cloudy.

And I'm not one hundred percent certain on this, so it's possible I'm off completely, but I'm fairly certain a year is about the amount of time Brad Bird had to retool Ratatouille. Yeah, I know, "This guy isn't Brad Bird", but still, clearly possible to have a quick rewrite work.

I'm looking forward to it very much. I'm not normally particularly optimistic, but the trailer's already got me starting to like the characters, and if nothing else, it'll be an absolutely beautiful movie.

I'm looking forward to it very much. If nothing else, it'll be an absolutely beautiful movie.
It does look gorgeous, I'll give it that, and Partly Cloudy is probably my second favorite Pixar short, but Pixar's let me down before and I have to say I'm not crazy about the character designs.

Master of My Domain
I'm hoping this will have little to no dialogue, focus on atmosphere and landscape instead of a usual Pixar story,and be not too long, I want a minimalist Pixar once and for all, but something tells that won't be the case. And yeah it looks amazing, perfect sense of awe.

Peter Sohn actually has some experience, he directed the short Partly Cloudy.

And I'm not one hundred percent certain on this, so it's possible I'm off completely, but I'm fairly certain a year is about the amount of time Brad Bird had to retool Ratatouille. Yeah, I know, "This guy isn't Brad Bird", but still, clearly possible to have a quick rewrite work.

I'm looking forward to it very much. I'm not normally particularly optimistic, but the trailer's already got me starting to like the characters, and if nothing else, it'll be an absolutely beautiful movie.
Your first point is correct, but I swear that his IMDB page changed drastically just today. It didn't have that short listed and when I checked earlier he had separate sections for film/video game/short credits.

You're right that Ratatouille basically got rebuilt in 12 months. I'm not saying that Sohn is incapable, but since he has no feature length experience I have no idea what I'm getting, as opposed to Bird having 2 animated films generally seen as modern classics before Ratatouille came out.

I know from comment sections on YouTube that I'm not the only one that thinks this, but I'm really not a fan of throwing these cartoony character designs into these gorgeous realistic backgrounds.

Yeah, the cartoony designs are probably the only complaint I keep seeing about this movie (other than the usual "This shares a couple plot points with this movie therefore rip off/retread" crud) so far. And yeah, I can't argue. I had the same thought when I saw the teaser.

Though, on a purely personal level, I've grown to like them. The cartoonish designs, I think, just help to make them come off as the children they are, and make them stand out. As far as I know and can get from the trailer, Arlo and Spot are supposed to be having a fairly tough time out in the world, so to me it kind of works that they look like they don't quite belong there.

Plus, they're both really cute.

Usually really excited for Pixar original movies, Inside Out was kick ass. hmm but I am not sold on this one. Seems like a throw away they are just releasing because they have it. If it starts to generate good word of mouth I'll get more excited for it.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Tough to get a handle on this one from the trailer. Still not got much of an idea what it's about plot-wise. Looking at the trailer though I'm wondering if they've taken the opening, dialogue-free 40 minutes of Wall-e and set that as the template for the whole movie. If so, and if they could recreate the beautiful storytelling that marked Wall-e's first act, then this could be something very special

And speaking of special, how incredible does the CGI look? Even just going by the trailer that appears to be the most amazing, photo-real CGI I've ever seen. As a result though I'm not sure about the exaggerated, cartoonish design of the characters. The contrasting styles seem to jar a bit.

I'll see this because it's Pixar, but I'm not convinced that it'll be worth it.
This.

I don't like the cartoonish look, I don't like the overall feel of it either. It feels more like Disney and less like Pixar to me. I'm looking way more forward to Disney's Zootopia.

This.

I don't like the cartoonish look, I don't like the overall feel of it either. It feels more like Disney and less like Pixar to me. I'm looking way more forward to Disney's Zootopia.
Considering that Disney hasn't made a bad movie in the 2010s, I don't really get that reference. I wouldn't see it as a bad thing.

Tough to get a handle on this one from the trailer. Still not got much of an idea what it's about plot-wise. Looking at the trailer though I'm wondering if they've taken the opening, dialogue-free 40 minutes of Wall-e and set that as the template for the whole movie. If so, and if they could recreate the beautiful storytelling that marked Wall-e's first act, then this could be something very special
I've read (take it with a grain of salt, I couldn't find a particularly good source) that the plot is that Arlo gets lost and has to find his way home, meeting Spot on the way.

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be like WALL-E. Spot I think has been confirmed to not talk for the most part, but only like a month ago we got confirmation they recast almost everyone and if they went through all the trouble of doing that there's probably going to be at least some talking. Also, from a few quick Google searches (as I've heard of absolutely none of these people), they seem to have cast people with actual careers, which is a stark contrast to WALL-E, where the prominent mostly silent characters were played by a sound designer (albeit, apparently a fairly well known one) and a Pixar employee.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I, for one, will go see anything with dinosaurs in it.

But I saw the teaser awhile ago. I didn't expect it to look like this. I, too, would much rather have them all look a bit more realistic with the scenery looking so. If that didn't seem to look so real, maybe the cartoonish look of the characters wouldn't bother me so much. It kind of clashes a little. Otherwise, I won't complain unless there is something to complain about when I see it.

Considering that Disney hasn't made a bad movie in the 2010s, I don't really get that reference. I wouldn't see it as a bad thing.
The cartoonish style feels like Disney, that's what I meant. I wasn't commenting on anything else but that. Except for when I mentioned Zootopia, which was just about how that looks way more promising.

The Terminator
the movie feels promising as it is from Pixar i am looking forward to this movie.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Looks pretty good. My little lad will love this.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "